Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

maybe Everton are his benchmark now.

If we're honest those words would sound truer if spoken by LVG thumbsup.gif

why mate you are worse than us.

not by much...and we play in 2 leagues. I'm sure if it was just the PL we'd be marginally better.

70 odd % of possession and a lucky deflected shot got you the win today against relegation battlers at home....not by much my friend.

Edited by BangrakBob

Just saw the highlights. Clear hand from Cahill. How the <deleted> does one that obvious not get flagged ?! Incredible.

amazed myself, he actually moved towards the ball, totally intentional

Obviously intentional as you say. Gutless ref.

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

I wonder what would happen if we do get a penalty with both Gerrard & that big ,moping sack of <deleted> balotelli on the pitch.whistling.gif

we already have I think, Stevie took it.

Oh yeah v Lovengrets ? Anyway ,I'd like to see the big ,moping sack oshite try to take the next one & Gerrard punch him squarely in the face for being a big dummy spitting,moping bag oshite..

I wonder what would happen if we do get a penalty with both Gerrard & that big ,moping sack of <deleted> balotelli on the pitch.whistling.gif

we already have I think, Stevie took it.

Oh yeah v Lovengrets ? Anyway ,I'd like to see the big ,moping sack oshite try to take the next one & Gerrard punch him squarely in the face for being a big dummy spitting,moping bag oshite..

Sturridge is back next week fella, just in time for Hodgson to &lt;deleted&gt; him up again bah.gif

man that was horrible again. clueless. we're miles away but still in touch. bizarre. chelsea could have won that 6 or 7 and it wouldn't have been unfair. and they still had other gears to go through. we're way, way off.

Sounds a bit harsh to me to be honest.

But yeah the chavs are going to walk the title this year.

man that was horrible again. clueless. we're miles away but still in touch. bizarre. chelsea could have won that 6 or 7 and it wouldn't have been unfair. and they still had other gears to go through. we're way, way off.

thats harsh, and b4 i go on this aint a dig or trawling for a fight but it' was always gonna be a tuf season for you , missing one world class player in suarez is huge, but in truth your sort of missing 2, gerrard, i know you lot caned me at the world cup for my thoughts on him but you've got to say he aint giving you what he's been given you for the last 12 years!!! and thats a HUGE miss, when i see him start those moves deep, and his pacy pass's hit your midfield, play then just sort of slows and almost stops, yet when occasionally he pushes up u see the tempo and penetration his pass's and x's, gives your attack, ,, shame English and liverpools attacking football just aint quite the same without him, losing those two, onto rodgers signing half a new team AND euro action for the new squad , lob that all on to the HUGE expectation this season had, one FUCKIN MAMMOTH ASK, i just couldn't really ever see it all fitting into place, SUCH a HUGE ask, i actually think if you'd won the league, like your play sort of deserved last year, this year the expectations may have been slightly more realistic, and in a weird way maybe more manageable ?

Anyway you think your off the pace atm, not a f--ckin patch on our sorry lot of fleet footed overpaid mercenaries at the lane and with ground sharing coming up !! who the fuc knows how that's gonna end,

So BR starts with Coutinho, Cann, Henderson and Gerrard packing the midfield. I think Countinho was supposed to provide some width with Sterling. But actually, on the highlights, the majority of play was trying to go through the centre yet again.

thats harsh, and b4 i go on this aint a dig or trawling for a fight but it' was always gonna be a tuf season for you , missing one world class player in suarez is huge, but in truth your sort of missing 2, gerrard, i know you lot caned me at the world cup for my thoughts on him but you've got to say he aint giving you what he's been given you for the last 12 years!!! and thats a HUGE miss, when i see him start those moves deep, and his pacy pass's hit your midfield, play then just sort of slows and almost stops, yet when occasionally he pushes up u see the tempo and penetration his pass's and x's, gives your attack, ,, shame English and liverpools attacking football just aint quite the same without him, losing those two, onto rodgers signing half a new team AND euro action for the new squad , lob that all on to the HUGE expectation this season had, one FUCKIN MAMMOTH ASK, i just couldn't really ever see it all fitting into place, SUCH a HUGE ask, i actually think if you'd won the league, like your play sort of deserved last year, this year the expectations may have been slightly more realistic, and in a weird way maybe more manageable ?

Anyway you think your off the pace atm, not a f--ckin patch on our sorry lot of fleet footed overpaid mercenaries at the lane and with ground sharing coming up !! who the fuc knows how that's gonna end,

Thank god you're not Thai, Rijit. Or we wouldn't even be getting spaces between the wordstongue.png

Sounds a bit harsh to me to be honest.

But yeah the chavs are going to walk the title this year.

Don't think it is at all actually. He's spot on. Gerrard, Henderson, Moreno, major culprits giving the ball away consistently, defense shaky, (Rodgers rewarding the fantastic perfpormance of Toure at the Bernabeu by dropping him!) Balloted working hard up top but hopelessly isolated with no service. Men playing boys with Chelsea in almost toal control in second gear.

Rodgers has major problems, creating a rod for his own back with his midweek selection and failing to deliver anything yesterday.

I might add that professional football strive their entire careers to play on the big stage at the likes of the Bernabeu. It was also Gerrards last opportunity realistically. A crushing disappointment that must have been. How long before Rodgers starts losing the dressing room. I still maintain these are decent players who the manager just doesn't seem to know what to do with.

I wouldn't be alarmed at how easy it was for Chelsea. They did exactly the same to Arsenal earlier in the season. With their defense going unbeaten in the league is a realistic bet, especially if Costa stays fit.

further reasons to be cheerful; City have problems and are currently whole reliant on the mercurial Aguero. Arsenal are mediocre. Man United hardly setting the league on fire. Spurs rudderless. All this is giving Rodgers time and a lifeline to get things back on track. If he can.

Edited by carmine

Just saw the highlights. Clear hand from Cahill. How the does one that obvious not get flagged ?! Incredible.

amazed myself, he actually moved towards the ball, totally intentional

Comically bad refereeing, seems to be de rigeur this season.

Gary Cahill after the match was asked about the obvious penalty he gave away and replied that he would have to look at a replay.coffee1.gif

Obviously has suffered short term memory loss.

Chelsea are far from invincible,with the penalty decision going against Liverpool, could easily have been a draw and they have been very fortunate that they can play the same 2 centre backs every match. I mean it is only November and key injuries do happen.

So BR has now come out and said we missed our top targets in the summer, i.e. Falcoa, Sanchez and Costa all turned down offers.

My bet is on the wages offered....Coming second by 2 points plus CL football is not worth it when you offer shit wages or maybe BR not being a name manager as yet, or maybe the board are useless, maybe moneyballs FSG has a 10 year vision.

I was expecting that top 4 and the money it generated would put us in the market. Apparently, in the words of our Bren "we need to try harder". That to me translates to we need to pay the &lt;deleted&gt; wages!

Edited by BangrakBob

So BR has now come out and said we missed our top targets in the summer, i.e. Falcoa, Sanchez and Costa all turned down offers.

My bet is on the wages offered....Coming second by 2 points plus CL football is not worth it when you offer shit wages or maybe BR not being a name manager as yet, or maybe the board are useless, maybe moneyballs FSG has a 10 year vision.

I was expecting that top 4 and the money it generated would put us in the market. Apparently, in the words of our Bren "we need to try harder". That to me translates to we need to pay the <deleted> wages!

120k per week is some shit wage , but compared to what Utd are supposed to be paying Falcao ie 300k per week we do pay shit . But Soton are proving you do not need big name players just good players with a very good coach . For me & a lot more fans , Luis Suarez was the sole reason for our success in the league last season . It will help of course to get Sturridge back , but without Luis he will not make that amount of difference . We may also find out why we got him for 12 m . when his talent says he should have been at least double that .

I was expecting that top 4 and the money it generated would put us in the market. Apparently, in the words of our Bren "we need to try harder". That to me translates to we need to pay the <deleted> wages!

it's definitely the wages. FSG don't believe in paying crazy sums.

120k per week is some shit wage , but compared to what Utd are supposed to be paying Falcao ie 300k per week we do pay shit . But Soton are proving you do not need big name players just good players with a very good coach . For me & a lot more fans , Luis Suarez was the sole reason for our success in the league last season . It will help of course to get Sturridge back , but without Luis he will not make that amount of difference . We may also find out why we got him for 12 m . when his talent says he should have been at least double that .

We are constantly missing our targets and settling for players that are not first choice if any. Then it seems the manager is unable to get them to play the style of play he wants.

Other teams have worked out how to play against this style by shutting us deon early and you can see we are unable to play the ball out from the back like we did previous. The manager then has no plan B and has not been able to improve the play, yet he sticks with it.

Rodgers has spent a lot of money, super stars or no super stars you'd expect by now we'd have seen some signs of improvement but I don't see it coming.

I don't know the behind the scenes but at the end of the day it's down to him and the players he has bought

We are constantly missing our targets and settling for players that are not first choice if any. Then it seems the manager is unable to get them to play the style of play he wants.

Other teams have worked out how to play against this style by shutting us deon early and you can see we are unable to play the ball out from the back like we did previous. The manager then has no plan B and has not been able to improve the play, yet he sticks with it.

Rodgers has spent a lot of money, super stars or no super stars you'd expect by now we'd have seen some signs of improvement but I don't see it coming.

I don't know the behind the scenes but at the end of the day it's down to him and the players he has bought

Bob , have been browsing the `net , & have seen references linking us with bringing in Frank Rijkaard as DoF . This for me makes sense , he would attract top players far more than Rodgers does . I definitely think Rodgers is struggling on his own , he may not agree with this but tough poo-poo . What do you think , it would be nice to think he could do for us what Ronald Koeman as done for Soton......

Bob , have been browsing the `net , & have seen references linking us with bringing in Frank Rijkaard as DoF . This for me makes sense , he would attract top players far more than Rodgers does . I definitely think Rodgers is struggling on his own , he may not agree with this but tough poo-poo . What do you think , it would be nice to think he could do for us what Ronald Koeman as done for Soton......

They need to do something, as I think that has to be part of the issue (Rodgers relative inexperience or relevance) but as Stevie says they still won't pay the wages. I have mentioned it before, if we can't pay the wages then don't make our club look stupid by offering sub-market value contracts only to be passed up for another club.

I understand FFP and the FSG formula, but we got in to the CL and we have not capitalised on that, we have regressed spectacularly. It was obvious to everyone we needed to sign a top quality striker and we had the funds to do that, instead we got lambert and balotelli.

Koemen is doing a great job, but they are focussed on one league and will they last the distance, how long can they keep it up. I'd bet he'd be investing substantially next summer if they make the CL.

• Like 1

Bob, I'm so glad someone is talking some sense. Yes, agree LFC did not capitalise on the sale of Suarez and CL football. The regression this season is so marked. In a way, the players bought were second rate when compared to those being bought by the top teams. For what I have seen, Mangala for Man City is so superior to Lovren. But Mangala could have been afforded as long as salary demands and aims were met.

There was an opportunity for BR to do this, with the CL football on offer. However, this opportunity has now passed.

They need to do something, as I think that has to be part of the issue (Rodgers relative inexperience or relevance) but as Stevie says they still won't pay the wages. I have mentioned it before, if we can't pay the wages then don't make our club look stupid by offering sub-market value contracts only to be passed up for another club.

I understand FFP and the FSG formula, but we got in to the CL and we have not capitalised on that, we have regressed spectacularly. It was obvious to everyone we needed to sign a top quality striker and we had the funds to do that, instead we got lambert and balotelli.

Koemen is doing a great job, but they are focussed on one league and will they last the distance, how long can they keep it up. I'd bet he'd be investing substantially next summer if they make the CL.

the difference between last season and this is genuinely staggering. it was clear to every man and his dog that last season we were bloody awful defensively. it's been a blatant problem since brendan joined and he doesn't seem to be either willing or capable of doing anything about it.

55 goals and a hatful of assists from suarez and sturridge last season covered up the fact that we shipped 50 goals in the league - a mental figure for a team that was still in with a chance of winning the title on the final day of the season. we simply didn't sign the players that we clearly needed in the summer - a top, mobile, goalscoring forward, a top defensive midfielder (alex song should have been that man) and a centre back with genuine presence, dominance and top level experience. the manager - and presumably this nonsensical transfer 'committee' - got it all wrong with the targets and this was probably as you say at the behest of FSG and their business model. speculate to accumulate - splash serious money on three or four key top quality signings rather than potential and we'd surely be in a much better, more stable position and aiming at the top four again.

• Like 2

the difference between last season and this is genuinely staggering. it was clear to every man and his dog that last season we were bloody awful defensively. it's been a blatant problem since brendan joined and he doesn't seem to be either willing or capable of doing anything about it.

55 goals and a hatful of assists from suarez and sturridge last season covered up the fact that we shipped 50 goals in the league - a mental figure for a team that was still in with a chance of winning the title on the final day of the season. we simply didn't sign the players that we clearly needed in the summer - a top, mobile, goalscoring forward, a top defensive midfielder (alex song should have been that man) and a centre back with genuine presence, dominance and top level experience. the manager - and presumably this nonsensical transfer 'committee' - got it all wrong with the targets and this was probably as you say at the behest of FSG and their business model. speculate to accumulate - splash serious money on three or four key top quality signings rather than potential and we'd surely be in a much better, more stable position and aiming at the top four again.

bang on

Bob, I'm so glad someone is talking some sense. Yes, agree LFC did not capitalise on the sale of Suarez and CL football. The regression this season is so marked. In a way, the players bought were second rate when compared to those being bought by the top teams. For what I have seen, Mangala for Man City is so superior to Lovren. But Mangala could have been afforded as long as salary demands and aims were met.

There was an opportunity for BR to do this, with the CL football on offer. However, this opportunity has now passed.

I've been hoping things are going to change but it does not look likely.

I'm not sure if the blame lies soley with BR. The combination of this transfer committee, the FSG mandate and the Manager is proving to be a massive waste of opportunity and money.

One thing is for sure, there are striking similarities to Rodgers reign at Reading and that didn't end well.

All the same I will stand behind him.