Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just now, StevieH said:

it is, but he can't stop £28m centre backs making childlike errors from the touchline. he can try and replace the player, which he wanted to in the summer, and the people above him <deleted> it up. you can't suddenly make idiots grow a brain. or cowards grow testicles. which is what he's being asked to do with mignolet, lovren and moreno. 

at dortmund he had hummels, subotic, lewandowski and gundogan, signed for about 16m euros or so the lot. the guys in charge of signing players at liverpool are not up to the job.

It's not just 1 game though it's his whole tenure. He said last season he trusted his team. He only just got that 4th spot and last christmas santa never came nor did valentines. It was that bad. Being done at home by wolves. So this season he over reaches with the targets and clung onto a want away player that could have been covered and backed his team. It must be well disheartening being on the bench with his last minute (confidence in 1st 11) mantra substitutions.  This guy seems completely disinterested with defending. 

The people responsible for scouting are a disgrace though so I'll agree on that. If the lad Micky Edwards is on twitter or something  I'd like to see that. 

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Bottom line is there is an opportunity here to ditch klopp. Yeah sack him. Bring back benitez and give him 3 years and he will deliver something better. He would also push the board harder and that is something klopp has not done at all wirh any effect. Fact is we have a better manager waiting to step in and if he was brought back I don't think anyone would be complaining. He would sort that defence as it is without needing VVD I'd bet. 

The general critism of Liverpool is two-fold I reckon. Firstly the defence is un-sound and nervous. Secondly the attack do not convert their chances into goals. OK; we can point to Arsenal and the ChLg thrashing of the pig-raisers but too often the stats on actual goal attempts have not led to goals.

Now Rc's point about Benitez points to my argument. If he can sort out the defence why can't Klopp? I think Kloppie is defensively naive. He needs help. What is Jamie doing?

The training pitch is where these things are sorted.

Personally I don't like man-to-man marking at corners. I do not want to see defenders commit themselves in attack un-necessarily. Keep the shape and prepare to defend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The general critism of Liverpool is two-fold I reckon. Firstly the defence is un-sound and nervous. Secondly the attack do not convert their chances into goals. OK; we can point to Arsenal and the ChLg thrashing of the pig-raisers but too often the stats on actual goal attempts have not led to goals.

Now Rc's point about Benitez points to my argument. If he can sort out the defence why can't Klopp? I think Kloppie is defensively naive. He needs help. What is Jamie doing?

The training pitch is where these things are sorted.

Personally I don't like man-to-man marking at corners. I do not want to see defenders commit themselves in attack un-necessarily. Keep the shape and prepare to defend.

Yes OSA that is something I heard on a show recently. Something like 8% chance conversion. This is why I said before maybe Klopp's subbing system works against him as players do not seem to fear being hooked under him and perhaps explains why they are less clinical. No point giving the Board sob story now when nothing can be done, the manager backed his team it's upto him to deliver something more than what he has done so far.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

They did it on a shoestring too. Luck/ other firms had nothing to do with it. Seems to me a few teams are flying the same kind of flag. Leipzig in germany made massive strides and before that TSG hoff. Athletico Madrid are the flagship of over performing. Klopp's in a complete mess and his tabloid "mates" strung him along as they likely had doubts. Sorry bob but even his use of subs is abysmal and having little impact. It's a Bible like approach with absolutely no plan B and those are his mistakes and his alone.

You and OSA seem to be missing many points that contributed to the Foxes winning the league. They were 5000-1 outsides for a reason and to suggest they played a good system is why they won it is not true.

In 15 or 21 EPL seasons they would not have won with the points tally they had.

Chelsea would have more than likely went on to win the league as they did the season previous and as they did the season post Leicester had their manager not decided to turn the apple cart for his own benefit at the start of the season.

Manchester City stopped playing for Pellegrini in November when they knew he was off. 

Manchester United finished 5th after LVG turned them in  to one of the most boring teams ever. 

Tottenham were just coming together under Poch.

Traditionally strong teams were in transition, disarray, all at once.

Throw in the fact they picked up 4 or 5 good players for nowt, who became sensations, such as Vardy, Kante, Mahrez and you had the perfect storm. 

Shakespeare has been playing the same system they won the league with, and he got sacked.

• Like 2

Just now, BangrakBob said:

You and OSA seem to be missing many points that contributed to the Foxes winning the league. They were 5000-1 outsides for a reason and to suggest they played a good system is why they won it is not true.

In 15 or 21 EPL seasons they would not have won with the points tally they had.

Chelsea would have more than likely went on to win the league as they did the season previous and as they did the season post Leicester had their manager not decided to turn the apple cart for his own benefit at the start of the season.

Manchester City stopped playing for Pellegrini in November when they knew he was off. 

Manchester United finished 5th after LVG turned them in  to one of the most boring teams ever. 

Tottenham were just coming together under Poch.

Traditionally strong teams were in transition, disarray, all at once.

Throw in the fact they picked up 4 or 5 good players for nowt, who became sensations, such as Vardy, Kante, Mahrez and you had the perfect storm. 

Shakespeare has been playing the same system they won the league with, and he got sacked.

Kate and drinkwater are not there and they did not replace them mahrez is wounded about no big move. 15/21 but ok for the other 6. Nearly 25% of competitions. So when a team wins the league in future we will look at all contributing factors. Look close enough and you can find loads like that. They had the nerve Is another contributing factor.  The major contributing factor was the team and mahrez, vardy, kasper, drinkwater, Kante are 5 players who do or did extremely well and having 5 players perform the way they did drives teams and if we had 5 performers like that in our team across it. We would likely do the same. 

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Not to be pedantic but it was the semi Bob

Yeah, a semi...FINAL :biggrin:  I thought you'd have understood northern grammar. "in WC Final", as apposed to the Southern posh version "into the WC final" Actually my sloppy grammar again, should have read "int" :wink:

Brewster not the first LFC connected player to get two hat tricks. Remember Sinama-Pongolle. Look where he is now!:saai:  Also, Coulibaly (ex Spurs) managed it as well..... Last seen doing a runner from Egypt!:thumbsup:

Let's hope Rhian fares way better than those.

Edited by wilai

Maybe that spanking we got is a blessing in disguise and it propels us to a lot of wins over the next months. If this is the rut like we had from last christmas and it has ended then maybe there is light but seriously, this needs to happen to save klopp and the season. 4th or winning CL to save him.

40 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Maybe that spanking we got is a blessing in disguise and it propels us to a lot of wins over the next months. If this is the rut like we had from last christmas and it has ended then maybe there is light but seriously, this needs to happen to save klopp and the season. 4th or winning CL to save him.

Or other clubs will have seen how to rip you apart on the break.

Time will tell.

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Or other clubs will have seen how to rip you apart on the break.

Time will tell.

Just because you get a spanking has no reflection at all on a possible future improvement.  Thats folly.  Just a wake up call that another ones probably round the corner.  

What will have a positive effect is firstly the owners sanction some sensible amount of cash to spend in the very near future,  secondly a proper defensive coach is installed and thirdly the idiotic section of Liverpool fans calling for Klopp's head button it.  Their biggest concern should be him walking next summer if he's not financially backed.

Regardless of whatever scenario they won't be going anywhere positive having to play the likes of Moreno, Lovren and Mignolet.  Not if you have top four and silverware aspirations.  The owners have had plenty of opportunities to understand this too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilai said:

Press conference will confirm in an hour, but looks like Coutinho (and Danny Ward)'won't be considered for tomorrow:saai:

might mean we try and score a goal that doesn't involve phil shooting from 25 yards. chuck brewster in?

made strangely hard work of it but come away with a flattering scoreline and a clean sheet. thankfully huddersfield didn't really take anything to us or much try and score so we didn't have many opportunities to gift them a goal with schoolboy defending. glad danny got a goal, classy finish too.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Wonder it this arseole still stands by his 'call' now:cheesy:

Richard KeysVerified account @richardajkeys

FollowFollow @richardajkeys
More

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

6:08 AM - 9 Jul 2017

Yes this ones right up there with the best and very fittingly from Mr Keys!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i have no idea what this means but it doesn't sound like it's about liverpool. or even football to be honest.

I know what it means but I've never heard the tricky blues called Ticklers before!

• Like 1