Business Class Flights

vodka

Do you know skyscanner.com ? I always book my international flights via this one, the smartphone app.

I just see, here you get the Thai version, can choose English at the top, very good website to automatically get the cheapest flights available and book them within few minutes.

BTW I think the Android app works better then this webversion.

Edited by rubberduck

Check SriLankan.

They usually have the best deal for business class. Though it means a stopover at Colombo. I have been intending to use them for some time, but have not yet done so. I can not personally report on the trip. Past topics do cover this.

The least expensive, but most restrictive business class fare bucket is "Z" on most airlines. This bucket is capacity controlled, so only a few seats on any segment, has a 60 APEX (advanced purchase) requirement, and has higher change and refund fees.

It might help if you could share even a modicum of detail: time of year, routing, non-stop, preferred carrier, budget, etc., otherwise the answer to your question is, "yes".

Reviewing published, but this does not mean available for any/all dates, fares as of today I see:

(base fare, does not include fees, taxes and surcharges)

airline -, fare code - total R/T (THB)

UL ZRTTH 48,495

CZ JPREU 65,000

AY DBUTH 67,900 (AY has a business saver in "I")

MS ZRETH 68,110

Edited by lomatopo

Worth looking at KLM. Last time I looked there was a Bt 88k to AMS and you can add the AMS - LHR segment separately econ to save money on the short leg, if you want. Price depends on travel dates.

Did Egypt Air first class once. It was cheaper than most biz classes but not worth it unless you want a stop over in Cairo. No booze served - have to secret your own duty free on board and top up the soft drinks served. Food very mediocre. First and biz class seats were the same - just old style biz class seats that recline 45% but first class had more space. 5 hours transit time on way out. Way back less. If the first class is not full, the cabin crew will invite all their friends for a free upgrade, probably from economy just before take off and the cabin will fill up with noisy freeloading Egyptians including small kids running all over the place.

Edited by Arkady

Will be using the return portion of a Finnair Business Class ticket to get back to Thailand on Thursday, I can thoroughly recommend their service for the price you pay. Helsinki is quite a small airport so transfers are easy. Fully flat beds and reasonable food.

Sri lankan air is the cheapest i have seen was 30,000 bht last month, seems to have gone up to 45,000 now only draw back is the flight departure times and stopovers are not that great

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Worth looking at KLM. Last time I looked there was a Bt 88k to AMS and you can add the AMS - LHR segment separately econ to save money on the short leg, if you want. Price depends on travel dates.

I booked KLM to LHR ingoing and London City A/p outgoing about a month ago for 102K. (Flying into LCY would have meant an overnight wait in Amsterdam).

This is for departure in May.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know skyscanner.com ? I always book my international flights via this one, the smartphone app.

I just see, here you get the Thai version, can choose English at the top, very good website to automatically get the cheapest flights available and book them within few minutes.

BTW I think the Android app works better then this webversion.

I checked skyscanner , selected language EN and currency THB , on the first result screen it shows price in THB, when I select a flight, the currency suddenly is in GBP which does not interest me at all as I want to pay in THB. Moreover, "additional airlines fees may apply" . So probably I wille not see the total price until I have filled in my name and other blabla. No thanks.

I got a Sri Lankan flight in August Biz class return to LHR for 70k, I think pretty good. Try Guy at mUsic Travel, always seems to be able to get good flight prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me, with certainty, if Air Asia serves alcohol on the Surabaya to Bangkok Flight(s)? (arrives in Don Muang)

I would assume they sell it if it is availabale at all... I don't care about the $$ I just want to know if it's available on this particular flight.

I saw a post on Trip Advisor from an individual who claimed he drank the spirits he had brought with him..???

Appreciate any info on this. Good or bad.

Thanks & Regards,

Air Asia does not sell alcohol on any flight - you may get away with your own private stash - but I am sure this is against the airline's policy.

Be careful what you wish for with Business seats. I flew back from Singapore last week with Cathay in Business, from 40+ seats there were 6 actual Business Class passengers. I understand the need to upgrade for operational reasons but the whole of Business was filled up and it was so obvious that most were not Business Class passengers, it detracts from the value of the service and is an insult to what was paid. I have received an apology from Cathay but am angling for more, why should I pay more than economy when thats all the majority in the cabin had paid? Most of the passengers upgraded were of 1 nationality, that seem to get away with flying with multiple pieces of hand carry, by the time the 6 Fare paying Business class passengers were called to board from the lounge, all the overhead bins were full. Also with food selections, those full fare passengers in the back of the cabin lost their options to upgraded passengers.

Buyer Beware