90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2013

Tywais

If it is true that CM Immigration won't accept reports from outside the city, Muang Chiang Mai, then the attached map might be useful.

Or it might be the surrounding area, perhaps bordering amphur.

Has anyone asked? My apologies. I forgot to ask the last time I was there.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised that so many reports were received that were incorrectly completed or lacking the right documents that CM Immigration gave up, especially due to the press of newcomers in the last few years.

Maybe the map is handy, anyway.

post-55418-0-44231600-1372844802_thumb.p

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went yesterday at 1:45. The counter was open so I just walked up and dropped my stuff on the fine young man and said 90 day report. He smiled, nodded and took my stuff. I stepped back and watched him go to work on my stuff and in 4 minutes he handed it back to me. All done. It would have been 3 minutes but, the Korean guy sitting in the chair took exception to my supposed preferential treatment and approached the fine young man to get an explanation. He was promptly told to sit down and wait for his number to be called. Beats me??? I have waited hours and yesterday 4 minutes. Hit or miss it seems. I do notice your wait times on 90 day reports are less in the afternoon. In fact, goin before they open and standing in the line is not only a waste of time but also screws up the whole system for those needing to do renewal. Immigration might be wise to adopt a 90 day report policy of afternoon only. It just might streamline things a bit. The morning is an absolute circle jerk of chaos!

Yes, mornings take much longer because of the general demand for different services. But don't you think it would have been polite to go to the central counter and ask for a ticket indicating your place in line? No wonder the Korean fellow had his nose out of joint. Did you apologize to him? Or, perhaps, you think Koreans might not have very distinctive noses ?! wai2.gif

• Like 1

Not to rack up my number of posts like some others above, but perhaps some relevant info.

I stated previously that I mailed in my 90 day back in March and it came back no problem via praysanee.

Did my June 90 day and held my breath after all the drivel above, and it came back praysanee in 2 weeks as always. I do live outside the moat, but close in - near Promenada.

For what it's worth.

Mail or post would be more appropriate, no need to put your new Thai word of the week in, not everyone knows it.

Not to rack up my number of posts like some others above, but perhaps some relevant info.

I stated previously that I mailed in my 90 day back in March and it came back no problem via praysanee.

Did my June 90 day and held my breath after all the drivel above, and it came back praysanee in 2 weeks as always. I do live outside the moat, but close in - near Promenada.

For what it's worth.

Mail or post would be more appropriate, no need to put your new Thai word of the week in, not everyone knows it.

Thank you, Miss Manners. +1 post.

Edited by Lobo4819
  • Like 1

update 90 day reporting yesterday, left home at 2.40 red cab to immigration,arrived 3.00 ask for 90 day ticket,but no one waiting to do 90 day reporting,and i noticed not many people at immigration,finished in 5 minutes,hailed red cab outside,back home at 3.30,cost 40bht,time less than a hour,stress none,inconvenience none.

update 90 day reporting yesterday, left home at 2.40 red cab to immigration,arrived 3.00 ask for 90 day ticket,but no one waiting to do 90 day reporting,and i noticed not many people at immigration,finished in 5 minutes,hailed red cab outside,back home at 3.30,cost 40bht,time less than a hour,stress none,inconvenience none.

Yep, people who know Chiang Mai, will know how really easy it is to get a songtheaw to immigration for 20 baht. and immediately get one one back when finished.

Have they re-located immigration to Thapae Gate or somewhere?

Yes, often the songthaew drivers want to charge 40 baht to go all the W-A-Y out to Immigration, but not always. Never have a problem getting a songthaew home for 20 baht, though. Maybe it helps that I live near a major road and often catch a driver returning from a big haul of tourists to the airport. Also, at the risk of getting slammed for also showing off Thai knowledge, it really helps if you can ask the songthaew drives nicely in Thai, using the terminology they use i.e. ****Thai language removed****

Hubby says it's my cute little "na ka" (like I'm a uni-girl) that does it every time!

Edited by metisdead
This is the English side of the forum. English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.
  • Like 1

Yes, often the songthaew drivers want to charge 40 baht to go all the W-A-Y out to Immigration, but not always. Never have a problem getting a songthaew home for 20 baht, though. Maybe it helps that I live near a major road and often catch a driver returning from a big haul of tourists to the airport. Also, at the risk of getting slammed for also showing off Thai knowledge, it really helps if you can ask the songthaew drives nicely in Thai, using the terminology they use i.e. ****Thai language removed****

Hubby says it's my cute little "na ka" (like I'm a uni-girl) that does it every time!

Much better way than driving.

Yep, people who know Chiang Mai, will know how really easy it is to get a songtheaw to immigration for 20 baht. and immediately get one one back when finished.

Have they re-located immigration to Thapae Gate or somewhere?

must admit i raised my eyebrows when he said 20bht,was excpecting to pay more,proper price on way back .

• 2 weeks later...

Missus just called me as she was leaving the immigration parking lot - she went there today for my 90-day reporting.

Parked the car: 8:56 am

Walked in (with a 9am appointment): 8:58 am

Walked out of office: 9:01 am

Back in car, driving out: 9:02 am

6 minutes total - this has to be an all-time record...

Missus just called me as she was leaving the immigration parking lot - she went there today for my 90-day reporting.

Very good. Perhaps your wife should set up an assist! (-:

Not a record though. That is a round disc with a hole in the middle.

You don't make appointments for 90 day reports, unless you're abusing the on-line queuing system.

Now you tell me...

You don't make appointments for 90 day reports, unless you're abusing the on-line queuing system.

Now you tell me...

I won't say it's a BS post........I won't..........but others might.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Believe what you will - matters none to me. No system abuse involved, just some good luck and efficiency resulting in the wife in and out of immigration carpark in six minutes flat this morning.

Proof (note original post time above):

QM2G1vl.jpg

I think the queries arise because of your quote of a "9am appointment" for a 90 day report?

I think the queries arise because of your quote of a "9am appointment" for a 90 day report?

Hmmm... This "no online appointment for 90-day report" rule, is it some sort of behavioral constraint imposed on Thai Visa Forum members?

Because I cannot find this rule anywhere here...

Furthermore, the online appointment for this 90-day report was suggested by the officer who processed my previous report three months ago.

• Like 1

Hmmm... This "no online appointment for 90-day report" rule, is it some sort of behavioral constraint imposed on Thai Visa Forum members?

Furthermore, the online appointment for this 90-day report was suggested by the officer who processed my previous report three months ago.

Clearly states on the chiangmaiimm.com website "Queue Online VISA Extension" .

I am sure those who have missed out on a visa appointment will be happy with your "record" time.

• Like 1

Clearly states on the chiangmaiimm.com website "Queue Online VISA Extension" .

I am sure those who have missed out on a visa appointment will be happy with your "record" time.

Ok, now we are down to quibbling over Thai-English semantics...

I apologize to those sensitive souls whom I've offended their modesty or values, but the purpose of my post is to show that it is possible to be in and out of the CM immigration office in a reasonable time.

• Like 1

It is spelled out clearly here in my topic. The officer's suggestion is clearly wrong and he has no real knowledge of the correct operation of the system - Immigration On-Line Queue System. Even on the online form it states specifically for extensions only. You are doing members who need to do annual extensions a disservice by using (abusing) it for 90 day reports.

post-566-0-21596000-1373951439_thumb.jpg

//edit - also flame removed and reply to it.

It is spelled out clearly here in my topic. The officer's suggestion is clearly wrong and he has no real knowledge of the correct operation of the system - Immigration On-Line Queue System. Even on the online form it states specifically for extensions only. You are doing members who need to do annual extensions a disservice by using (abusing) it for 90 day reports.

attachicon.gifpost-566-0-36076200-1316496673.jpg

//edit - also flame removed and reply to it.

As I have posted in another thread, it may not necessarily be an "annual" extension. There could be visa extensions at less than an annual occurrence. I am not trying to picky, but someone looking for an Ed visa extension, for instance, may get the wrong idea. Wouldn't the online appointment also be for this type of extension? Or even maybe converting visa types?

MSPain

Edited by hml367

As I have posted in another thread, it may not necessarily be an "annual" extension. There could be visa extensions at less than an annual occurrence.

Point taken and probably a valid one. I forgot there are shorter extensions than the annual ones. Probably also takes up as much time to process for the 90 day ED extensions as the annual ones.

I wonder how he got an appointment for an event 90 days in the future -- the on-line queue system has been booking up solid about 96-99 days in advance. And, of course, you can't schedule appointment more than 100 days in advance.

They really should have refused honor the appointment -- it's no wonder the queue is booked solid if they still let people do 90 day reports with an appointment.

I had to report to CM Immigration today for my nonsensical 90 day reporting obligation. Immigration was packed as usual with standing room only. It took 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the report. There was a new immigration officer processing the 90 day reports. This officer was really cranking out the 90 day reports while his partner spent more time out of his seat strolling around the office than he did processing reports. It was basically, 1 hour and 45 minutes of shear misery, lol. I look forward to the day the ring leader of this circus will wake up and realize the wasted man hours it takes to enforce the 90 day reporting and see this procedure has absolutely no merit.

I had to report to CM Immigration today for my nonsensical 90 day reporting obligation. Immigration was packed as usual with standing room only. It took 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the report. There was a new immigration officer processing the 90 day reports. This officer was really cranking out the 90 day reports while his partner spent more time out of his seat strolling around the office than he did processing reports. It was basically, 1 hour and 45 minutes of shear misery, lol. I look forward to the day the ring leader of this circus will wake up and realize the wasted man hours it takes to enforce the 90 day reporting and see this procedure has absolutely no merit.

Well you didn't mention what time you went and its been mentioned many times if you go mid to late afternoon you can be in, and out, in under 15 minutes.my last trip was 3 minutes. Also coming up its a long weekend and I am presuming they will be closed for at least Sat,Sunday,Monday maybe Tuesday not sure, so avoid the day before as you have flexibility with 90 day reporting,it's all in the planning.