Hello Everyone

jacobpitt

Well there is the same level of vitriol but it all gets directed at me now. violin.gif

And before that it was directed at a friend of mine. He's now gone elsewhere for his contacts and I don't blame him.

It would be too boring without vitriol.

No one would want to read TV for long without the weirdness either.

Everyone says they long for some sort of improved version of TV

But if it became any more improved then it would be going down the other side of the curve and getting worse.

TV is a living thing and should not be interfered with by Man.

In my personal experience, being here two years on TVF has been an education - a very useful one. I hate to think the messes I could have gotten myself into had I jumped the gun and went off to live in Thailand - without first - spending time here. Of course - all the basics - such as immigration/visas, renting a place to live, girlfriend cautions are essential - but there is so much more... sample topics that you think would never be something you'd need to know about .... My advice however - just don't be naive ... the piranhas posting here on the Forum just love new meat... verbal bloodbaths are common ...

If your posts are sensible then there is no meat to be had.....also its a lot less intimidating for a new member now than years ago....especially on some of the Local Forums.

Just my experience.

I hope you are correct... but just a couple of days ago I posted a story about conducting medical civic action missions in Isaan Hill Tribe villages 40 years ago with the U.S. Army ... first response poster wondered it we napalmed them the next morning. My post was more than reasonable and sensible but there seems to be a resident jackass stable here on TVF.

• Like 1

welcometo Thaivisa smile.png

Dont listen to the rose tinted glass brigade, there is no negativity or nastyness on here, only FACTS but some just can't handle the truth coffee1.gif

But in most topics when the posts start coming in, you shouldn't let FACTS spoil that particular topic.....................thumbsup.gif

Welcome to TV..............tongue.png

welcometo Thaivisa smile.png

Dont listen to the rose tinted glass brigade, there is no negativity or nastyness on here, only FACTS but some just can't handle the truth coffee1.gif

so when some idiot say's all men met their woman in a Bar is that a fact, when they say all Thai people are stupid is that a fact.

Nobody welcomed me when I joined Thaivisa coffee1.gif

I am the one who manages the emoticons. Just got a warning message that the coffee1.gif is nearly worn out due to overuse by some. whistling.gif

@jackobpitt - welcome to Thaivisa.

Yes! I am so sick of that one -- ridiculously overused. I think I'd almost pay to see it removed. I call it the "Arrogant Indifference" emoticon. If you ever catch me using it, please ban me.

I am the one who manages the emoticons. Just got a warning message that the coffee1.gif is nearly worn out due to overuse by some. whistling.gif

Yes! I am so sick of that one -- ridiculously overused. I think I'd almost pay to see it removed. I call it the "Arrogant Indifference" emoticon. If you ever catch me using it, please ban me.

<deleted> some people get their knickers in a twist over the most stupid things. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Well there is the same level of vitriol but it all gets directed at me now. violin.gif

And before that it was directed at a friend of mine. He's now gone elsewhere for his contacts and I don't blame him.

Funfon left cause he didnt pay his rent Rene.

BTW, I see the skin whitening cream has worked well for you!

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

I use it lots cos I will never use the word ''arrogant''.coffee1.gif .............................. laugh.png ,,

In my personal experience, being here two years on TVF has been an education - a very useful one. I hate to think the messes I could have gotten myself into had I jumped the gun and went off to live in Thailand - without first - spending time here. Of course - all the basics - such as immigration/visas, renting a place to live, girlfriend cautions are essential - but there is so much more... sample topics that you think would never be something you'd need to know about .... My advice however - just don't be naive ... the piranhas posting here on the Forum just love new meat... verbal bloodbaths are common ...

If your posts are sensible then there is no meat to be had.....also its a lot less intimidating for a new member now than years ago....especially on some of the Local Forums.

Just my experience.

I hope you are correct... but just a couple of days ago I posted a story about conducting medical civic action missions in Isaan Hill Tribe villages 40 years ago with the U.S. Army ... first response poster wondered it we napalmed them the next morning. My post was more than reasonable and sensible but there seems to be a resident jackass stable here on TVF.

Get over it, the war was a lifetime ago. Time to move on.

Re runs of MASH on telly are enough as it is.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

Just my experience.

Yes, but my question still stands: Was TV "funnier" years ago? Was it more bizarre years ago than it is now.

That was the topic which no one liked as I recall.

Still, I think it must have been more interesting.

We are taught in Muay Thai to counter instantly after every strike, and to never back up with throwing a jab to stop an attack.

This has served me just as well on Thai visa as it has in The ring, Keep your guard up here you will be on the defensive often.

Shouldn't that be counter insanity?

Just my experience.

Get over it, the war was a lifetime ago. Time to move on.

Re runs of MASH on telly are enough as it is.

I see they let you out of your stable ....

• Like 1

Welcome, I hope you find the forums as informative and educational as I have, many times I have asked questions here and found a solid core of genuine people who wish to helpthumbsup.gif but remember the old saying , "life is a bed of roses, just watch out for the pricks". smile.pngbiggrin.png

Welcome and good luck.

I hope you have a thick skin because there are a lot of cantankerous members here. Nastiness abounds at TVF.

Not me surely. laugh.png

No, not you Transam, you are not from Yorkshire.

And dont forget to read the forum's rules and learn them by heart !

No, it would take far too long, rules are meant to be broken anyway, besides, if you want to obey everyones rules. there is no point in getting out of bed in the morning.