Yingluck faces minor protest in Buriram

Lite Beer

Yingluck faces minor protest in Buriram

BURIRAM: -- About 50 white-masked protesters gathered in the city area of Buriram, showing their dissatisfaction over Prime Minister Yingluck and her ministers.

The protesters carried posters. One said "Buriram people don’t welcome Yingluck". They also invited others to join their forces.

One of the protesters said that the government is dictatorial while its Bt2 trillion infrastructure scheme is not transparent. They also suspected that Yingluck had a hidden agenda in taking the defence minister post.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-14

• Like 1

50 white-masked protesters gathered in the city area of Buriram

Pissing in the ocean. sad.png

When you feel you have to, you have to. At least their masks reduce the chance it will be into the wind.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 1

Hopefully they can hide behind their little mask.

It may help not to lose face too much smile.png

So you think that the protests are unjustified?

Judging by the very (very) low turnout, it seems that for most people the "white" masks' reasons for protesting do not justify the effort of going there...

I guess most people are getting tired of these silly protests.

I am today in a place overlooking Lumpini park.

At 5pm I saw a group of maybe 300 people gathering there. I looked again at 5.45... They were already gone with their cute little masks :)

Yingluck needs to be very carefull.

The only reason she is in power is because her brother made a big difference in issan with improved infrastructure and the like, since he went this has all but stopped in certain areas.

Do not upset the natives I would suggest.

• Like 1

My MIL was supposed to go meet Yingluck today here in Buriram as she is the head of the village but she sent her 2nd in command as she does not like her... Everybody in Buriram does not support the red shirts its more surin area... They even laid new Tarmac surface on the 2 roads she would exit on out of the City to make it look beautiful lol.. never saw 2 long stretches of roads relaid in 3 days with nice little white lines on so quickly..

My MIL was supposed to go meet Yingluck today here in Buriram as she is the head of the village but she sent her 2nd in command as she does not like her... Everybody in Buriram does not support the red shirts its more surin area... They even laid new Tarmac surface on the 2 roads she would exit on out of the City to make it look beautiful lol.. never saw 2 long stretches of roads relaid in 3 days with nice little white lines on so quickly..

Had she met Yingluck before?

Hopefully they can hide behind their little mask.

It may help not to lose face too much smile.png

So you think that the protests are unjustified?

Judging by the very (very) low turnout, it seems that for most people the "white" masks' reasons for protesting do not justify the effort of going there...

At 5pm I saw a group of maybe 300 people gathering there. I looked again at 5.45... They were already gone with their cute little masks smile.png

So 300 white masks in Lumpini park amd 50 in Buriram, maybe a few hundred at some other locations in the country. Small groups but alltogether a voice that is spread all over the country, and they will grow.

As soon as the protests stop the government spin will be all over it claiming they gave up because there's nothing to protest about. i wouldn't expect anything else.

Royalty and national leaders etc must go through life thinking the world always smells of fresh paint

• Like 2

After the Monsoon season (or sooner) these pretty VIP carpets will have more holes than a sponge!

Yingluck needs to be very carefull.

The only reason she is in power is because her brother made a big difference in issan with improved infrastructure and the like, since he went this has all but stopped in certain areas.

Do not upset the natives I would suggest.

The early Post is reporting she promised a 4 lane road in the area etc. WHEN the infrastructure budget is sorted out.and handed out credit cards to farmers so they can get themselves deeper into debt.

50 white-masked protesters gathered in the city area of Buriram

Pissing in the ocean. sad.png

The butterfly flapping it's wings in Japan can trigger a Hurricane on the East coast of the of the US - Edward Lorenz, Chaos Theory. These people are gathering of their own free will without financial inducement. They are small groups in many different locations and their ideas and dissatisfaction will spread like a contagion. I wouldn't write them off so quickly, they are doing something and that is significant because for a long time the Thai people have done nothing.

• Like 1

Call me old fashioned but I believe that good always triumphs over evil, sometimes it takes a while but it will happen.

This Thaksin/PTP/redshirt terrorist goons thing is just another in a long list of temporary evils that the good people of the world have to deal with, sooner or later the people of Thailand will rid themselves of this curse. The White Masks movement will grow, and you can thank Yingluck and co.

Be patient, sit back and watch the Shinawatras neck themselves with all that rope they have accumulated. And that noise you hear in the bush will be their idiot supporters crawling back under their rocks.

Hardly worth spending your Sunday wearing a mask and repeating what everybody already knows.

The general Thai populace can't know or they would be storming Government House. The Reuters' report about the rice scam should figure on every front page of Thai newspapers. If this happened, the Shinawatra Government would be deposed in hours.

I guess a large part of this will depend on where Newin's loyalty lies this week.

At 5pm I saw a group of maybe 300 people gathering there. I looked again at 5.45... They were already gone with their cute little masks smile.png

You are right of course the reds get far more people to their rallies.

Heck, the half a dozen buses and couple of utes full of them I saw here a week or so back could hold that number.

Hardly any need for any locals to turn up when you can shift in that many to make your demo look good.

Yea, make it worth there while with a few baht over the min wage, give them all a red shirt and little red hand clappers and you can put on a great show.

Oh yes, I did take some photos of the 'going somewhere to have a demo' convoy just in case anyone doesn't believe me.