obtaining thai motorbike licence translated from uk licence green document ,,any dvice please

Iforbach

hi guys ,,any advice ,,i hear you can translate your green document uk driivng licence and get a motor bike licence up to 125cc

not sure if this is the case and if so were could you hv it translated in pattaya ,,manty thanks for advice ,and any help ,,ifor

If you have motorcycle entitlement on your UK licence then you can go to the DLT next door to the Regents School

do only the reaction and eye sight tests and walk out with a Thai motorcycle licence that enables you to drive any size of bike within a few hours.

You will also need a " certificate of residence " from Jomtien immigration,a medical certificate from a clinic and at least a tourist visa

plus copies of everything.

more info here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/633320-requirements-for-obtaining-and-renewing-a-1-year-driving-licence/

I took my paper car license to the Thai vehicle test centre and showed them the paragraph about being able to ride bikes of up to 50cc if you're a learner or A2 class if you're over 21 and they gave me a Thai bike license. I had a medical cert, my yellow book and I took the colour blind test and the pedal reaction test.

I left with both a bike license and one for cars.

This was in Udon a couple of weeks ago.

Mish mash of two different things

You can get an International Driving Permit (IDP) which 'validates' your UK licence for use in Thailand (and elsewhere). One being officially no use without the other. Essentially the IDP is supposed to translate the issuing country's licence (but of course you'll see no Thai script in it).

The other (long term) route is to obtain the Thai Licence as above - though if you strike unlucky and lock horns with a clerk who knows you should have the IDP too you may have to do the classroom/test and driving test a la khon Thai

Mish mash of two different things

You can get an International Driving Permit (IDP) which 'validates' your UK licence for use in Thailand (and elsewhere). One being officially no use without the other. Essentially the IDP is supposed to translate the issuing country's licence (but of course you'll see no Thai script in it).

The other (long term) route is to obtain the Thai Licence as above - though if you strike unlucky and lock horns with a clerk who knows you should have the IDP too you may have to do the classroom/test and driving test a la khon Thai

You do not need the IDP when going for a drivers licenses.

• Like 1

wong whats the yellow book cheers mr thicko

I took my paper car license to the Thai vehicle test centre and showed them the paragraph about being able to ride bikes of up to 50cc if you're a learner or A2 class if you're over 21 and they gave me a Thai bike license. I had a medical cert, my yellow book and I took the colour blind test and the pedal reaction test.

I suggest you go to your local DLT office first preferably with a Thai person and ask what you need as said time and many times before not all DLT's ( Department of Land & Transport ) in provinces do things the same way.

In our local DLT a letter from your local police station confirming where you live will suffice for proof of address "certificate of residence" which is much the same thing but as said not all offices do, don't forget to smile.biggrin.png

Edited by Kwasaki

I suggest you go to your local DLT office first preferably with a Thai person and ask what you need as said time and many times before not all DLT's ( Department of Land & Transport ) in provinces do things the same way.

In our local DLT a letter from your local police station confirming where you live will suffice for proof of address "certificate of residence" which is much the same thing but as said not all offices do, don't forget to smile.biggrin.png

As you never mentioned where you are located the DLT is cool. You will need a letter of residence from Embassy, Immigration, or police. Also a medical certificate aboutb100 baht and copies of passport, visa, and photos. DLTs are usually cool the one in CM is very helpful.

As you never mentioned where you are located the DLT is cool. You will need a letter of residence from Embassy, Immigration, or police. Also a medical certificate aboutb100 baht and copies of passport, visa, and photos. DLTs are usually cool the one in CM is very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ,,,like to say I went to DTL centre nr regents school pattaya ,, drivin licence ,,,I tried to get motor bike licence ,,,,too but I will jv to take the test for motor bike ,,even when I showed her the 50 cc section ,,inuk paper licence ,,,no go ,,,

As to documents no need for translation ,,,didn't even need medical certificate ,,but I guess if I didn't hv it she would hv asked for it ,,anyway as far as drvng licence one year ,,,then 5 on renewal I was done and dusted in 45 minutes ,,is that a world record ,,again thanks to all guys who gave me info ,,,,and ,,,,at least I jv some extra ,,,ID ,,,,,thanks again ifor Bach