Flight TG669 skids off runway at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"After the accident and evacuation of passengers by slide, the airline moved in maintenance crews who immediately began work that partly covered up the Thai Airways International logo on the tail of the aircraft. (Photo by Panumas Sanguanwong)"

I dont think we will ever see the end of this ridiculous act of saving face.

• Like 2

Go back and read the story he is not the writer but the President of Thai Airlines. I guess if one is going to pan a article they should know who is who and what they are doing or not

OK, but the airline it has been a very long standing International airline for decades, if he is going to make statements in English make them so they can be easily understood by all. In the position he holds one would expect better, BUT in this country many persons from university with honors in English etc CANNOT speak/write very good at all.

High government officers are the worst by far.

Good effort though for trying but the wrong place to try.

I don't fly in any model Airbus. Look up their record. They have to many "incidents".

There are French, British and other nationalities working on Airbus planes. The British make several

Models of the Rolls Royce engines which are very good engines.

I just don't want a plane that was made by people speaking different languages. There is to much

Technical date involved.Nothing negative about either nationality. One common language

On a product this complex it is much better.

My nephew worked at the Boeing at Everett, Washington, USA. the largest building in the world

Under one continous roof.

He also said he wouldn't fly in a Airbus plan.

I have flown to Thailand probably 8 times in recent year aboard 747's and 777's

I trust the General Electric engines and Boeing planes.

ChuLai 6768

• Like 1

A maintenance crew attempts to cover up the national flag and logo of Thai Airways International...

First cover the sign,then tend to passengers and fire...ouch, hmmm, has this ever happened before, painting over the sign so quickly?

They're covering up the flag so that no one knows its a Thai plane!

I don't think I will EVER understand why Thais CARE SO MUCH about how other people view them, and what other people think of them. Face. I just don't get it.

Normal here, because they are taught that they are the best at everything events like this puts a dent in their pride and no way can they show any fault.

This is sick to say the least, similar to the supposed police cover up of that alleged murder of a foreigner, saying that it is not a good advert for tourism.

Our country is the best so nothing here is wrong,-- attitude. Money again is a big factor.

Had the energy from these painters was put into helping get the plane out of the way more quick, then disruption would be at a minimum therefore tourism would NOT be affected.

I wish they could acquire a better style of thinking for the sake of their country, open their eyes to the world more, but that starts at school.

• Like 1

Painting over the logo seems absolutely ridiculous. This sort of action will just bring more attention to the airline and its safety record. Have the people in charge got no common sense? Actually, don't answer that - I know the answer already.

Maybe they'll have a tie-in/promotion with the new Charcoal Dunkin Donut?

post-9615-0-95742300-1378698410_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Seems like the economic crises of the company now can clearly be seen with the increasing accidents and unpolite and incompetent staff.

They cannot compromise with the safety and maintenance of their aircraft and put all lives in danger.

We understand at times people just want to step up their business but they must not forget their quality for what they are know and have people's trust.

"Smooth as Silk" sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png Prove it

I don't fly in any model Airbus. Look up their record. They have to many "incidents".

There are French, British and other nationalities working on Airbus planes. The British make several

Models of the Rolls Royce engines which are very good engines.

I just don't want a plane that was made by people speaking different languages. There is to much

Technical date involved.Nothing negative about either nationality. One common language

On a product this complex it is much better.

My nephew worked at the Boeing at Everett, Washington, USA. the largest building in the world

Under one continous roof.

He also said he wouldn't fly in a Airbus plan.

I have flown to Thailand probably 8 times in recent year aboard 747's and 777's

I trust the General Electric engines and Boeing planes.

ChuLai 6768

WOW, what a load of cods, your opinion though.

Airbus have parts made in different countries because the part is better made there mostly because of expertise in wings (example) engines etc.

As for general electric being better engines look at the worlds BEST airlines, most choose RR for long life, fuel efficiency etc.

You got shares in GE and Boeing ????

A maintenance crew attempts to cover up the national flag and logo of Thai Airways International...

First cover the sign,then tend to passengers and fire...ouch, hmmm, has this ever happened before, painting over the sign so quickly?

In fairness to Thai airways, it actually is pretty standard practice for a company to paint over the logo of their crashed plane. Guess this painting out was notable due to blinding speed with which it was done. Looks pretty silly to use

black paint, maybe they could have spent an extra few minutes and found a can of blue and a can of white

paint........cheesy.gif

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1