Phuket taxi cartel head arrested, denies extortion charges

Lite Beer

“Look at me,” he said. “Do you think I am that kind of person?”

This must be the most stupid question I ever heard from a Thai.

​Since when did your appearance have anything to do being a suspected criminal and thug? coffee1.gif

This is all great news... Now what about the Patong, Karon, and Kata gang? Why not start there? Or maybe they want to arrest others to have them sing like canaries about the whole operation.... We'll see.

If ever there was an excuse for a "CULL" here is a good starting place - remember the pictures of those guys going out on the ice and clubbing baby seals to death........I'd love to see the remake!

We want the Central Festival organization to take over direct management of taxis there, said Maj Natapol Ditsayatham of the DSI.

There is no such organization. Central World, Plaza, Westgate and Festival are managed by CPN.

He's really done his homework, in talks with someone huh? http://www.cpn.co.th/index.aspx

So CPN owns and manages Central Festival? Does that mean the same thing as in the OP?

Let's see some hard physical evidence or this is just politics 101. These people are simpletons. If this is politicians bashing legitimate businesses, they should be charged themselves.

Even though these simpletons, as you call them, probably have advanced degrees over your education, you must feel that they are idiots. Oh, what's the use in responding.....

Given the risible content of your post I would say that there is little point in you responding. Have you any idea of the appalling standard of Thai education?

Ha ha. It is almost certainly politics but the term 'legitimate business' hardly describes the taxi mob in Phuket. The people involved are simple, that is 'Thainess' that we love to like and yet frustrates the heck out you. Advanced degrees in Thailand? Hmmm I think a degree in Thailand is less credible than a degree from the West - by degrees of magnitude. They rank alongside a degree from Somalia but that is not to say that there are some very smart people here, unfortunately often engaged in corrupt or at least questionable practices.

Maybe the above posters are all partly right?

• Like 1