Rungson vows to review rice scheme loss

Lite Beer

On June 18th we had:

"According to the sub-committee, the government spent Bt352 billion to buy 21.7 million tonnes of rice in the 2011/2012 crop while Bt156 billion worth of rice remains in the stockpiles and the sold volume was Bt59 billion, leaving net losses of Bt136.908 billion."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647379-bt136-billion-losses-from-rice-subsidy-in-20112012-crop/

So now:

- did we buy less rice ?

- did we pay less?

- did we sell more (at a profit of course)?

- do we have a relation between value - volume remaining?

- do we have a relation between value - volume sold?

- why did the BAAC non-revolving fund of 500 billion needed 200 billion more?

- why is even another 200 billion or so needed for 2013/2014 ?

- With all rice farmers rich by now should we retarget to poor farmers who produce other crops?

and lastly

- when will we get the mid-term report listing all fantastic results of this really briljant government?

Edited by rubl

So they shifted any people who could provide honest figures & replaced them with a lackey. He does a fag-packet calculation, leaving out sales, storage, contamination, depreciation & potential write-offs.

Good old Kittirat - has an understudy tell the white lies this time.

Apologies to Max Lee - you said it first.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 2

New game idea - fantasy government replacing fantasy football with kick backs replacing transfer fees. Start with the ludicrous government figures divide them by 8 and then just smile. It becomes so unbelievably stupid people start to wonder if it is so ridiculous it just might be ..... Nah its fantasy.

Another pinnacle of virtue into the civil service.

• Like 1

I am sure to get a job in Government here you ahve to have your head up your backside. Smelling the roses there obviously makes you more intelligent as thesxe fools are. Removing an accountant from the job to give this to a kid who obviously didnt have any skoolin.

does anybody smell a rat here - this statement says it all for me

""""""""As someone with a background in accounting and a director of the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives for eight years""""""""""

this man has been instrumental in the administration of the rice scheme - the current finance ministry are not playing the corrupt government tune so they have been moved out of the way, so blatant and obvious

and within 20 seconds this guy has solved all the financials of the rice - he's a genius

15000 - 12000 = 3000 x 12000000 = 36000000 - why did it take a committee 2 tears to work this out - he's a true genius

Since the title of this thread is: Rungson vows to review rice scheme loss,

I decided to check TV archives this year and I am amazed at the number of vows politicians and some others make.

It must be related to their deep desire to be sincere.

I would not categorize Thailand as the HUB of Wows..... yet, but they are working on it. WOW!

Govt Vows Transparency In Bt2-Tn Loans

Suthep vows to fight Thaksin regime from the streets

Prisons Chief Vows Crackdown After Inmate Has Photo Posted On Facebook

First US congresswoman of Thai descent vows to foster ties

PM Yingluck vows to develop Thai trains, uplift Thais' living standards

PM Yingluck vows assistance to flood-hit people nationwide

Pm Vows To Tackle Worsening Drought

Yingluck Vows To Wipe Out Discrimination Against Women In Thai Society

Yingluck Vows To Provide Better Security Protection For Teachers In Southernmost Provinces

Banharn vows to keep pushing all sides

China's Li vows to deepen Sino-Thai relations

Thailand's new Attorney General vows neutrality, honesty, independence

Official vows crackdown on Khaosarn Road's illegal vendors

Anudith vows to boost Thailand's ICT rankings

Chalerm Vows To Get Rid Of Mafia In Thai Tourism Businesses Within 3 Month

Chaturon vows to end school errand-for-pass practice

So we can say this government vows to vow vows on vows.

Read elsewhere that 20,000 tons was destroyed in this years floods in Nakorn Ratchasima, and how much more elsewhere, is that factored in?

Then there is the 7 billion the commerce ministry is claiming for what they say they have given to flood victims and as overseas aid.

Only small numbers compared to hundreds of billions :

But (BAAC) will borrow 140 billion baht with the Finance Ministry's guarantee to fund this years crop purchases. More interest to be added to the loss.

Yep the BAAC has to borrow money to keep the scheme going, from where and at what cost?

Wonder if this fellas new job is part of the 'no cabinet reshuffle'.

If we only do it one at a time no one will notice, like the constitution rewrite.

Since the title of this thread is: Rungson vows to review rice scheme loss,

I decided to check TV archives this year and I am amazed at the number of vows politicians and some others make.

It must be related to their deep desire to be sincere.

I would not categorize Thailand as the HUB of Wows..... yet, but they are working on it. WOW!

Govt Vows Transparency In Bt2-Tn Loans

Suthep vows to fight Thaksin regime from the streets

Prisons Chief Vows Crackdown After Inmate Has Photo Posted On Facebook

First US congresswoman of Thai descent vows to foster ties

PM Yingluck vows to develop Thai trains, uplift Thais' living standards

PM Yingluck vows assistance to flood-hit people nationwide

Pm Vows To Tackle Worsening Drought

Yingluck Vows To Wipe Out Discrimination Against Women In Thai Society

Yingluck Vows To Provide Better Security Protection For Teachers In Southernmost Provinces

Banharn vows to keep pushing all sides

China's Li vows to deepen Sino-Thai relations

Thailand's new Attorney General vows neutrality, honesty, independence

Official vows crackdown on Khaosarn Road's illegal vendors

Anudith vows to boost Thailand's ICT rankings

Chalerm Vows To Get Rid Of Mafia In Thai Tourism Businesses Within 3 Month

Chaturon vows to end school errand-for-pass practice

I'll reply to your post later after I've finished mulling it.

• Like 1

So the woman who, according to his simple figures made the loss nearly 5 times as much as it actually is and took much longer isn't being sacked but will work with him.

I what he says is true then she should never have been given the job. Of course we all know there's no truth in what he says and as others have pointed out there's the storage cost plus the fact that much of it probably won't all be sold anyway

does anybody smell a rat here - this statement says it all for me

""""""""As someone with a background in accounting and a director of the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives for eight years""""""""""

this man has been instrumental in the administration of the rice scheme - the current finance ministry are not playing the corrupt government tune so they have been moved out of the way, so blatant and obvious

and within 20 seconds this guy has solved all the financials of the rice - he's a genius

15000 - 12000 = 3000 x 12000000 = 36000000 - why did it take a committee 2 tears to work this out - he's a true genius

Only an idiot, or a permanent secretary, would confuse the supposed-cost (unadjusted for moisture-content) of the current-stocks, with or without the 2-4 million tons of 'shrinkage', with the losses actually crystallised on the stocks purchased and re-sold (at a 'commercially confidential loss) to-date.

Or perhaps bankers don't do math the way we accountants do ? w00t.gif

More rats than you could shake a stick at, IMO ! laugh.png

Edited by Ricardo