What Is It With Hardley Riders?

H1w4yR1da

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the anti harley brigade story , ive been listening to it for years -that story is getting tired, oh ya i was talking MPH as i said if i want to go over 115 MPH ill ride my sports bikes ,i like all bikes , why hate on others we are all enjoying the same thing on 2 wheels just a little differently, ive see where sport bike riders wave at me when im on a sport bike & no wave when im on the hd & visa versa from hd riders but who really cares just enjoy what u have , will u hate me if i get on my Rd 500 & ride it to the local 7 /11 attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1384945256.331057.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Barry. I will hate you IF you don't record it so we can all listen biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

If you are not quite sharp enough to figure he was talking mph then debating with a child would be easier. Though he did not state mph when he was saying 75 - 85 the next sentence he stated that if he wanted to go 115 mph he would ride his sport bike. When I ride my bike alone I am always doing between 120 - 140 Kmph. When you ride with so many other bikes its quite normal to do 100 kmph. Now there are 2 obvious reasons people would choose the fast lane.

1. More son in roads to the south the slow lane is pounded out and has massive pot holes. Ruts and grooves in it
  2. Lots of traffic in the slow lane going even slower trying to ride in a big group is like trying to weave a snake though razor blades in Thailand.

So yea I get the picture you ride a crotch rocket and like to pick on big bad bikers cause they like to cruise through the roads enjoying the ride. We all concede here you are the best bike rider in Thailand and most likely in Asia. Grats you win a plastic bag full of crap to clean vaginas.

If you'd actually read through the previous 9 pages, you'd understand that the main gripe with Hardleys is not that they "cruise through the roads enjoying the ride", it's them blocking the fast lane (or all 3 lanes) while riding slowly. That complaint has been repeated many times in this thread.

Now the groups I occasionally ride with would cruise at, on open roads with little traffic, at 140kph++ and I'm definitely not the fastest in the group.

I've never ridden with a group who travel at 100kph. That's sounds a little dangerous to me. You'll be constantly checking out your rear view mirrors in case a fast moving vehicle comes up behind you. Thai drivers do often like to scare the crap out of slower moving bikes just for fun.

What bike do you ride? Not meant as a dis, I'm just curious about which bikes (besides Hardleys) group-ride at only 100kph.

Now why 'barrybike' is talking in mph, when kph is used here in Thailand I don't know. I've yet to see any legit bike in Thailand, big or small, whose speedometer reads in mph.

Imported Harleys will read in MPH. And yea though its expensive there are some. I posted a picture on the what is your ride thread. I have a 2012 Fatboy Custom. 36 bikes is not easy to keep at 140++ due to different issues. 100kph with 36 bikes, I quite often ride in the very back to keep people from riding like knobs. When I am alone its more fun when in a big pack its more work. But if you read my replies about the road conditions (more so in the South) you would see why groups are all over the road. riding tight together and hitting ruts and holes can throw a bike more side spacing can save a bike that goes down from taking out others. I know when the group of guys I ride we are together we let anyone pass no worries but one can only do as the road conditions allow. As I said on page 9 or 7 or 9. I am more than willing to discuss rider styles and rules of the road over beer. I am even offering to buy. But this little crotch rocket vs Harley convo is getting stale. People calling me a pratt from behind a keyboard are just trolls and internet warriors.

Scottythai. I called you a prat for the simple reason that i asked another poster to clarify his speed post and i get this from you (i presume it was at me)

"So yea I get the picture you ride a crotch rocket and like to pick on big bad bikers cause they like to cruise through the roads enjoying the ride. We all concede here you are the best bike rider in Thailand and most likely in Asia. Grats you win a plastic bag full of crap to clean vaginas."

I'm still not sure about the bizarre last line though!

Was not at you bud. I was simply saying there is always going to be a difference of opinion on the rides. Just seems like the guys on the rice rockets are always the ones upset. Thus the bag joke.

I guess it like most things from the US, it is 99% hype, 1% substance, like McDonalds, Coke, WMD's and freedom. People like to "believe", they know these bikes are overpriced, badly built, vibrate and fall to bits, don't handle and are slow and cumbersome, which just leaves a lot of noise, but they are living the dream.

If you think about it, for those of us who have enough money to buy a car, a biggish bike is ridiculous, but there is this feeling of freedom that appeals to part of our psyche........no doubt the danger too.

So perhaps their attitude is a product of their living the American Dream, which clearly isn't real, just the REM's.

A mate of mine here who has 6 bikes, dreams of owning a Harley and he spends all his time polishing and no time riding.....

Edited by AllanB

I guess it like most things from the US, it is 99% hype, 1% substance, like McDonalds, Coke, WMD's and freedom. People like to "believe", they know these bikes are overpriced, badly built, vibrate and fall to bits, don't handle and are slow and cumbersome, which just leaves a lot of noise, but they are living the dream.

If you think about it, for those of us who have enough money to buy a car, a biggish bike is ridiculous, but there is this feeling of freedom that appeals to part of our psyche........no doubt the danger too.

So perhaps their attitude is a product of their living the American Dream, which clearly isn't real, just the REM's.

A mate of mine here who has 6 bikes, dreams of owning a Harley and he spends all his time polishing and no time riding.....

I used to spend more time working on my boat than fishing from it.

I used to spend more time pulling my Pontiac apart than driving it.

I loved every moment on both projects.

So what is your point ?

• Like 1

showbags aka ballbag harley riders are show ponies they have issues and probably tapeworm dont generalise there are real people who ride and dont need to park outside bars. to be seen polishing egos

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

showbags aka ballbag harley riders are show ponies they have issues and probably tapeworm dont generalise there are real people who ride and dont need to park outside bars. to be seen polishing egos

Sorry to hear you don't enjoy yourself..................sad.png

I have to admit that I do have a show pony. Well I try to keep it that way. I have been known to hang out at Starbucks and Amazon Coffee houses and also have been known to associate myself with Thai folks with all manner of bikes on slow riides and fast rides. Some of those rides I must admit have been a bit fast, but Bonanza & Kaeng KraChan circuits didn't seem to mind. Do Ducati's count in this discussion? smile.png

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

I used to spend more time working on my boat than fishing from it.

I used to spend more time pulling my Pontiac apart than driving it.

I loved every moment on both projects.

So what is your point ?

he has no point, he just spews stuff out of his ass and it ends up on his keyboard then comes out as a post.

I think he's starting to get the hang of making different usernames now too.

Makes me feel sorry for the British.

Sorry to hear you don't enjoy yourself..................sad.png

Yabbering like that I think he is enjoying himself immensely.

gsxr good on ya mate harley fergusson. a tractor and a pigs vibrator kiora and haeremai

Can you rewrite that in English for us mere mortals thumbsup.gif . Thanks. smile.png

He did...but since the accident on his tricycle...

• Like 1

I had a harly try to race my ninja 650, needles to say he won ss i wont race in traffic.

The guy was crazy reving up all the time at the red lights and looking at me.

Haven't had other bikes try to race me yet but i would have thought a people on racing style bikes would do it not harleys.

Besides the loud noise it a nice looking bike. But some people like loud bikes. My ninja is louder as my cbr 250 and cars do move more out of the way but i hate extreme loud noises.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had a harly try to race my ninja 650, needles to say he won ss i wont race in traffic.

The guy was crazy reving up all the time at the red lights and looking at me.

Haven't had other bikes try to race me yet but i would have thought a people on racing style bikes would do it not harleys.

Besides the loud noise it a nice looking bike. But some people like loud bikes. My ninja is louder as my cbr 250 and cars do move more out of the way but i hate extreme loud noises.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You should have revved and revved and looked and looked and then just do a U turn.

gsxr good on ya mate harley fergusson. a tractor and a pigs vibrator kiora and haeremai

Do your parents know your on the internet again?

I think cocko is trying to hint that he is either a Maori or a Kiwi using kiora and haeremai in his comments :)

I was just looking I could buy like 2 years old streetbob 2011 for like 10000 eur, tht is like 400000 bht and in Thailand idiots want 1 mill for sportster that is like 6 years old, they should be shot

anybody have streetbob in Thailand?  That is my favourite HD

Like, why should they be, like, shot? They can, like, ask whatever price they want. That does not mean someone is going to, like, pay that price.

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

More noise than anything,waste the money really when compared too jappas americans indenial japanese techs more innovative heck they finnally just made harleys water cooled-reminds me of the supercharger/turbo argument because turbos were more to the japs liking and after an american club blew three new motors from snapping supercharge belts they finally went to turbo setup and it hasnt happened ever since so why dont people do themselves a favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

More noise than anything,waste the money really when compared too jappas americans indenial japanese techs more innovative heck they finnally just made harleys water cooled-reminds me of the supercharger/turbo argument because turbos were more to the japs liking and after an american club blew three new motors from snapping supercharge belts they finally went to turbo setup and it hasnt happened ever since so why dont people do themselves a favour.

Turbos and superchargers obviously do different things and are consequently used on different engines for different reasons.....no?

Turbos and superchargers obviously do different things and are consequently used on different engines for different reasons.....no?

Yea and turbos are leading the way and superchargers are becoming more obsolete due to reliability issues and cost to build and power consumption compared to output,space consumed,boost fixed settings opposed to varying,noise,constant checking for excessive wear,turbine sizings are limited,custom pulley and bracket setups more oiling and water plumbing due too there lenth want more.

I was just looking I could buy like 2 years old streetbob 2011 for like 10000 eur, tht is like 400000 bht and in Thailand idiots want 1 mill for sportster that is like 6 years old, they should be shot

anybody have streetbob in Thailand? That is my favourite HD

I find your constant use of the word 'like' sort of negates the purpose of your argument,like.!

• Like 1