Police fear violence today

Lite Beer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Thaksin Shinawatra was to fall over his wallet and die today it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever to the political situation in Thailand. Suthep would probably argue that Thaksin was still running the country from the spirit world and the fight must still go on to remove the democratically elected government

In other words an excuse, however tenuous, will always be found to bring protestors onto the streets. The vast majority of the Thai population must be heartily sick of this playground behaviour that is bringing the country into disrepute around the globe

The aggressive views of so many of the forum contributors are particularly worrying. If the views are made by persons from the Western world who have chosen to live in Thailand it would seem to be so much better, in my view, to try to calm the current situation rather than to inflame it further

Let the government govern

I would agree with you in that many yellows are anti democratic fascists (by no means all, many are genuinely concerned about PT's corruption and misrule) as are many red shirts. However your conciliatory view appears to be to allow the red anti democratic faction to do as they like and run Thailand into the ground for the sake of a fugitive criminal. Sorry but I just can't agree with that.

• Like 2

Has bluesky site been shut down?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No... watching it now.

http://www.adintrend.com/hd/

then select Bluesky from the little dropdown menu above the video screen.

I like the demos protest music more than the reds.

It's amazing that many people out protesting and Bluesky is the only one covering it. All the other channels are showing soap operas and transvestite comedy shows.

• Like 1

No... watching it now.

It's amazing that many people out protesting and Bluesky is the only one covering it. All the other channels are showing soap operas and transvestite comedy shows.

I think the other channels are preparing to be besieged by the protesters if what the CAPO source is saying is true. Along with military installations, government offices etc etc...

Anyway, Suthep is on the stage now, this could get interesting.

Edited by Thainy Tim

I think the other channels are preparing to be besieged by the protesters if what the CAPO source is saying is true. Along with military installations, government offices etc etc...

Anyway, Suthep is on the stage now, this could get interesting.

Suthep just asked protesters to stop chasing away TV channels (as they did to Channel 3 & 7 earlier). I guess they shouldn't expect coverage if they keep chasing reporters away lol. He also said, as you say, that they might visit TV stations tomorrow.

• Like 1

I drove from Bangkok to Korat today...and korat to bkk yesterday....never had an easier run each way, sukhumvit this morning was amazingly quiet.

But then north of Saraburi heading into bangkok for mile upon mile in my opposite direction traffic was at near stand still for 20k.

No... watching it now.

This is just one of the reasons why the country is in the state it is!! cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Looks like the predicted civil conflict is ready to kick off in earnest.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile a

Won't happen.

If the reds make a move ; they have lost and they know it.

Unless the men in black are brought out.

And that won't happen either.

Edited by skills32

I never said I supported the demos [something that would have been clear if you had quoted my full post]. I don't like PT because, while they are the government of choice at the moment, of their reliance on intimidation and abuse of procedure to get their way. They have no respect for democratic procedure if they look like they will not get their way. They are corrupt, incompetent and focused upon the fugitives needs, not Thailand's. However that said, I don't believe the yellow fascist factions are any better. Then again you already know that as you cut that part from my post.

Very sorry about that. I did not mean to misrepresent you by clipping your post.

I did so because it was addressed to another & I was just addressing a point.

Yes I understand your full point but, it does not change the fact that the current democratically elected

government ( for better or worse ) are there by the vote/will of the Thai citizenry.

I do not know either side as I do not really follow something I am not a part of or allowed

to be. But in any case I apologize if cropping your post gave any other impression.

Here is your post in full

I would agree with you in that many yellows are anti democratic fascists (by no means all, many are genuinely concerned about PT's corruption and misrule) as are many red shirts. However your conciliatory view appears to be to allow the red anti democratic faction to do as they like and run Thailand into the ground for the sake of a fugitive criminal. Sorry but I just can't agree with that.

This is just one of the reasons why the country is in the state it is!! cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Well you need to cater to the bulk of the countries non-thinkers, can't have them turning their thoughts too their own lot in life. passifier.gif

• Like 1

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So what do you want, a nobel prize?

Yeh I wouldn't mind one.

Look great on my mantlepiece next to my Academy Award and my Booker Prize.

• Like 1

So what do you want, a nobel prize?

Yeh I wouldn't mind one.

Look great on my mantlepiece next to my Academy Award and my Booker Prize.

Sorry I thought you said that you predicted it until I reread. The post has been amended to just disagree.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile a

Won't happen.

If the reds make a move ; they have lost and they know it.

Unless the men in black are brought out.

And that won't happen either.

i think your right. The red thugs are all cowards which is not surprising since so is their leader. With this show against them unlike last time it might be them glad of some protection which would be very ironic given the mayhem they caused in 2010. Compare the peaceful protest by the non reds with what red thugs did in 2010 and anyone who can support those red thugs and their paymaster must be lacking in a lot of brain cells. If its a choice between a Taksin one party dictatorship and almost anything else i know which would be better. All those idiot forang who talk about democracy simply either don't live here or are totally blind to Taksin's clever and up to now successful tactics. It is exactly the same as every other dictator has done throughout history and often got away with. Ive lived here through several army coups and corrupt governments but this government in my 30 years here is by far the most evil and corrupt ever and all for sake of one demented megalomaniac. Those who can't see Taksin and his clan and bought party for what they are are simply blind or just totally brainwashed.

Amen

• Like 1

Or just possibly don't agree with you.

It is possible you know that people can have genuine and sincere reasons for not agreeing with your views, even on a subject as contentious as the current Tha political struggle.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

These animals whose organize the ship lot in both of sides have never heard about political responsibility.

They don't care how many people die about them, they care only power and pity grabby tnings.

pppfffffffiiiiiiiiiiii hit-the-fan.gif

And the world is laughing about silly and poor red people who ready to die for this dam_n rich manipulative Chinese family.passifier.gif

When I read the newsletter heading "violence in Bangkok" I thought Oh No I had better find out more in case I need to change my route to work tomorrow. After looking further into it I find that there has been no violence in Bangkok just that the police are concerned about the possibility as they should be if 70,000 plus people of opposing views are going to be in the same place at the same time. They probably have similar concerns when Chonburi play Buriram but it doesn't justify a headline like " Football violence in Thailand". Blatant use of misleading sensational headlines to generate site traffic. Has TV employed an ex News of the World editor?

• Like 1

What will be the next move ordered from the boss? Extend the ISA indefinitely ? Appoint the red shirts as an "auxiliary" police force ?

Sadly, the boss has instructed PTP to cling to power at any cost no matter what the consequences. He wants his whitewash, return to more power than before, and his hands on the 2.2 trillion.

The red leaders are back in the fold, no doubt suitable rewarded, and rallying the "faithful". This has all the makings of a disaster waiting to happen.

The key card, as always will be the military. The boss must think he as neutralized them, or is gambling he has because he's being backed into a corner.

My wife and her friends wanted to meet up and join the protest. Most of them voted for PTP last time and now deeply regret it. They now realize that PTP's idea of democracy is a Eastern Bloc style police state dictatorship, controlled by one family. The red leaders confirm this every time they open their mouths. They thought they were voting for a change from the old HiSo Amart elite control of everything to a more democratic government who would represent the people. How disappointed they all are. I have advised them not to go, as I fear the police are right to be concerned about violence. Why else would 12 groups of red shirts be deployed around the city whilst protesters traveling into Bkk are being blocked and harassed.

Something has to happen. Either Thailand will revert back to control via a military appointed government, or PTP will be successful in installing a dynastic dictatorship which they will herald as a "people's democracy" (another white lie).

Doesn't look good for democracy or the real interests of the Thai people either way.

A lot depends on your reading of the Nation "article". Not known for their depth of knowledge of the use of the English Language and coupled with Thidas previous statements that the Red Shirts will all stay at the Stadium the sentence reads thus;

"Meanwhile, red-shirt leaders have called on supporters to gather at Rajamangala Stadium from today in order to deal with what is expected to be a massive gathering of anti-government protesters tomorrow. The protesters are expected to split into 12 groups around Bangkok.

i.e not the Red Shirts, who are given the title of supporters. This is further reinforced later on in the article "Red-shirt leaders from Pathum Thani said yesterday that they would be bringing more than 10,000 people to Rajamangala Stadium today."

So I don't think you will find there will be "12 groups of red shirts be deployed around the city whilst protesters traveling into Bkk are being blocked and harassed.", in fact, quite the opposite.

We shall see.

You won't think it was the peaceful democracy loving red shirts who through metal spikes on the road to dangerously disrupt the movement of vehicles into Bkk. So who was it ? The Dems plotting to get the reds some bad publicity, pranksters out for a laugh, or the operatives of the mysterious third hand ?

I hope you are right, that the massively larger anit-regime protest will be free from violence, instigated by reds whose track record for violence is well videoed, along with certain of their leaders incitements. I equally hope the anti-regime protesters allow the reds the same freedom of protest that they receive.

Let's see if the RTP can do their jobs this time, and keep the peace.

Wife is doing a lot of chatting on FB, she has over 1000 on her friends list from all over Thailand. Many are trying to get to BKK. Very pissed off if they are anti-gov are being turned away at the outskirts of BKK and reds being allowed through by police.

Also in Chumphon last night police put a couple of fuel trucks trucks across the north bound lanes and refused to move them. They have also spread out spike balls that are creating punctures all over the place delaying all the north bound traffic.

One girl stuck in the traffic caused by the police said that they have been there over 10 hours and the people are starting to talk about if the police won't let them through, they will protest there for the week and close the entire road to the south.

The missus is talking to her now. Not sure where in Chumphon though.

I bet this is coming from Chalerm.

I just heard from the girls in Makro that the police have blocked the highway at Sawi.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A friend just posted pictures of huge jams near korat

I can well understand the police and their fear of violence, but they better than anyone else would know where it will come from and by whom, so maybe they should pre-empt the violence, round up all those on the list and move them well away from the situation.

Of course that can't happens as the fugitive who will instigate this trouble is an ex-copper and still buddies with the heavies in police force.