Tens of thousands of protesters join 13 marches: Bangkok police

webfact

Welcome to Burma.

Not at the moment, but it will be if Suthep and his merry men get their way. Does anyone really think that if a junta or appointed government is installed then there is any chance of a democratically elected government in the foreseeable future?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Has there ever been a "Democratically elected government in Thailand?

Welcome to Burma.

Not at the moment, but it will be if Suthep and his merry men get their way. Does anyone really think that if a junta or appointed government is installed then there is any chance of a democratically elected government in the foreseeable future?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Would it really matter if the Army were in power? Would it be worse? I think not. ITs all bad here. thank god it gives us something to talk about other than stuff like What did you do today? hahahahhaa

The Army is in power in Thailand and Thailand has always be controlled by the Military.

It seems the cynical violent behaviour of Suthep and the Democrats is now being actively discussed.

The Asian Sentinel reports:

http://www.asiasentinel.com/politics/thailand-opposition-goes-violent/

What have the Dems got to do with it? Suthep is no longer a Dem, he had to quit to self appoint himself leader of the latest rabble.

Abhisit is sitting back, and on his hands, wisely on this one - making comment only.

Thai newspapers cannot be trusted. Bangkok Post reported 440.000 demonstrators in their headlines and in the article tens of thousands. There are still far fewer people on the streets than in 2010. Suthep should be locked up for a very very long time.Maybe he can serve his life sentence for murdering protestors and using snipers on the general public. concurrently with the new sentences he deserves for invading ministeries and ravaging it.

Regarding the tens of thousands on the way? Just check the foreign press or use a computer model to estimate the real numbers. 440000 is a big big joke when the police and foreign press estimate between 70 and 100 thousand. Still Suthep still without the moustache was claiming a million. The man is however very dangerous he and the neo fascist newspaper The Nation are counting on violence an chaos.

Still ragging on the Nation? Well, full marks for persistence, Comrade biggrin.png

I really would like to see Suthep as prime minister. He has got guts and Thailand needs someone like him.

Now lets not go crazy :D

Ummmmm

If a "National Unity" government was put in place, then yes in the foreseeable future I would expect elections. In fact, though not advocating for that, it is exactly what I expect.

Personally I would like to see an announced house dissolution in 90 days followed by an election. I would like to see those 90 days used to start a national conversation on how to move forward without a word about the past, coupled with a release of those being held for non-violent crimes that occurred in 2010.

Will I get what I want? Not a chance.

Thaksin had the great idea that all parties in Thailand merge into one party and build a National Unity government. Of course that was rejected by the Democrats.

That would have made the choice at the election much easier.....

Unfortunately I suspect that Thaksin's one-party-state only had one contender for PM, or whatever the top political job was going to be called, even then was thought a trifle un-democratic, by many of the 'non-believers' ? wink.png

But then again, Democracy Wasn't His Aim, as he once said. One has to respect his blatant honesty ! laugh.png

And almost a decade later, hundreds-of-thousands still march, for or against his vision.

Edited by Ricardo