Yingluck insists govt fighting corruption

webfact

What does Yingluck perceive the blatant preferential treatment of elite criminals such as the Red Bull Ferrari cop killer? Does she perceive that this was a buyout and stall or just a complete buyout with corrupted officials. How can she convince ordinary Thais that the law applies equally to everyone when such a flagrant and abusive criminal conspiracy and collusion occurs in Thailand and is regular news?

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Yingluck perceive the blatant preferential treatment of elite criminals such as the Red Bull Ferrari cop killer? Does she perceive that this was a buyout and stall or just a complete buyout with corrupted officials. How can she convince ordinary Thais that the law applies equally to everyone when such a flagrant and abusive criminal conspiracy and collusion occurs in Thailand and is regular news?

Pfff... never mind that guy, how about issuing a new passport to a criminal fugitive that just so happens to be her brother?.

That's the very definition of abuse of power and corruption.

Ya these Thais. Almost as interesting as Watergate and Tricky Dickie, Bushes' tales of the Iraqi baba and the band of 40 thieves, or Reagan and Olly North's what guns and now Snowden what spying. Forgetting about the non-conspiracy who dunnit crime of the century coming back to haunt 50 years later just last week.

Who does this Yinglucki think she's fooling with all this talk about doing more than Elliot Ness and the Green Hornet to wipe out corruption?

Edited by silent
  • Like 1

Wrong tree. Barking up.

Lying to the house is grounds for instant impeachment under the rule of law.

I have a feeling that Abhisit is taking his time and dishing out the rope for her to hang herself with. Then he can release his evidence. I bet everyone had forgot about the evidence he has.

At the moment it is Q&A time, to build up the lies and dig a deep hole. What will land on the table on Thursday is anyone's guess.

Don't forget, all they really need is one person to shop them on the rice issue. Just one, or a group of people who got shafted because of this. They must be out there somewhere.

This is really starting to sound like the start of the end. She really must be grasping at straws when she trots out answers like this.

Not exactly sure how it works but could they hook skype up to a blue Ray phone or one of those clipped to your ear. Then she could answer questions.

What a complete BS artist she is. How many ministers have been arrested? What happened to the transport minister who was caught with 2,000,000,000 baht in his living room, stacked up on pallets? Nothing. How many policemen have been imprisoned. Ahbisit is right, she could not be doing less to fight corruption. But, he is not one to talk. If ever a politician enforced the status quo it was Ahbisit. Easy to talk now, but you did NOTHING as PM, so may be best To keep your mouth shut, little man. Virtually all politicians are useless to society.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This is really starting to sound like the start of the end. She really must be grasping at straws when she trots out answers like this.

Not exactly sure how it works but could they hook skype up to a blue Ray phone or one of those clipped to your ear. Then she could answer questions.

Huh?

We are fighting corruption because we made a committee?

F for effort.

How many of the wealthy and influential are ever convicted, yet alone serve any time? Very, very few.

Last week the convictions of those found guilty of the Klong Dam land corruption fiasco of ?10 years ago was overturned by the appeal court.

Corruption is fully institutionalised and expected in Thailand. The politics of this or any day is wholly irrelevant.

sent from my hippo phone

Yingluck simply replied that she did not want to talk about a case that has already been closed by the court's ruling.

Typical female answer. Same one I got from my ex when I asked her why our credit cards were maxed out.......I don't want to talk about it.

Sounds like there's one court ruling she accepts for a change.

Someone should ask her if she thinks MPs voting for an amnesty which includes charges that they are facing is corrupt. They might have to explain the concept of a conflict of interest to her, in words of 2 syllables or less.

Lying to the house is grounds for instant impeachment under the rule of law.

I have a feeling that Abhisit is taking his time and dishing out the rope for her to hang herself with. Then he can release his evidence. I bet everyone had forgot about the evidence he has.

At the moment it is Q&A time, to build up the lies and dig a deep hole. What will land on the table on Thursday is anyone's guess.

One can only hope that is the case.

Can someone explain to me what this corruption they are fighting is? I mean, the people currently supporting their rich oligarchs, the wannabie rich middle class, they are not exactly white clean themselfs. I would rather say they would do <deleted> well in a world championship for corruption. To clarify, in case someone got their yellow tinted glasses on today and bend all and everything into government bashing - I'm talking about the people currently squatting in public buildings. There is no other group more corrupt in Thailand then that bunch.

Nice rant.

As for what this government has done against corruption? Well, they keep on saying they are transparent, signed some law covering corruption, anti-money laundering laws, pushed through parliament a 'blanket amnesty' bill effecting 25,000++ ongoing investigations into corruption and managed to loose 400++ billion in two years on rice scam pledging.

Now that takes something.

The bunch squatting in public buildings? I would be surprised if the common men is more corrupt than that bunch of politicians currently defending Thaksin in parliament.

Can someone explain to me what this corruption they are fighting is? I mean, the people currently supporting their rich oligarchs, the wannabie rich middle class, they are not exactly white clean themselfs. I would rather say they would do fuc_king well in a world championship for corruption. To clarify, in case someone got their yellow tinted glasses on today and bend all and everything into government bashing - I'm talking about the people currently squatting in public buildings. There is no other group more corrupt in Thailand then that bunch.

Pfff... never mind that guy, how about issuing a new passport to a criminal fugitive that just so happens to be her brother?.

Interesting you brought that up. Not good I agree, but actually the ministry was following the law.

Here's how it works.

1. The foreign ministry is required to issue a passport to any Thai citizen who requests it unless the court has notified them not to.

2. Thaksin requested a new passport.

3. The ministry found no block had been requested by the court - but - sent a formal letter to the criminal court and the Attorney General requesting instructions. (Because they knew it should have been done, but had no power to do it on their own)

4. After 30 days of no response, the ministry was obligated by the law to provide a new passport.

The rumors of it being delivered personally were made up in social networks. It travelled in the diplomatic bag as most countries do with passports.

So. ... point out to me who slipped up here? Clearly it was the criminal court who are responsible for sending the notice to the foreign ministry.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Interesting you brought that up. Not good I agree, but actually the ministry was following the law.

Here's how it works.

1. The foreign ministry is required to issue a passport to any Thai citizen who requests it unless the court has notified them not to.

2. Thaksin requested a new passport.

3. The ministry found no block had been requested by the court - but - sent a formal letter to the criminal court and the Attorney General requesting instructions. (Because they knew it should have been done, but had no power to do it on their own)

4. After 30 days of no response, the ministry was obligated by the law to provide a new passport.

The rumors of it being delivered personally were made up in social networks. It travelled in the diplomatic bag as most countries do with passports.

So. ... point out to me who slipped up here? Clearly it was the criminal court who are responsible for sending the notice to the foreign ministry.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seems a plausible theory - your own? What happened to the claims that it was issued while the office was closed due to flooding, or some such? and why has Surapong never denied visiting Thaksin at that time (AFAIK)? Why was this not supplied to the ombudsman the first time he asked?

Edited by JRSoul