Fantastic Opportunity In Confectionery Startup (7/11, Makro No Problem)

Nibbles48

This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a cast iron business to walk into.

The product will be created ready to sell and packaged with our own brand. It is a very popular worldwide confectionery that I cannot give details of prior to a meeting with prospective partner/s. Our product is as close to the real thing as you can get. But will sell alongside the brand name product at a fraction of its cost.

The product itself will be supplied to us at a price of only 1.5 baht per unit and will sell at a rapid pace at 8 baht. After expenses, VAT and retailer's cut, the margin will fall in at 4 baht per unit.

We have a good contact in Makro and that will pretty much guarantee us our shelf space there, and we have also approached 7/11 who are very interested in stocking the product as it meets with all their criteria and they are waiting for samples from us before deciding on doing a deal with us.

The same goes with Tesco Lotus, Big C and Family Mart.

To give you an example of the kind of returns we are looking at....

7/11 alone have around 8000 stores nationwide. Being very conservative, if we only sold a single unit per day - per store, then we are looking at a net daily profit of 32,000 baht (or 960,000 Baht per month).

That does not include all the other stores. Nor does it include multiple daily sales of which it is almost certainly assured to achieve.

Secondly, we have lined up an equally popular second product of the same category, which stands to earn us up to 9 Baht net per unit. This product will be introduced around 3 months after we launch the first product.

Our goal is to use the revenue from the first product to maintain orders and to cover costs of introducing the second product, and then we will expand on our product portfolio to include more products until hopefully in around 18 months we will have 5 or 6 individual products in all the mainstream stores.

We already have the Company registered under the name of National Foods Co, Ltd. We also have very secured warehousing available at very cheap rates. We have already worked through and researched the entire project from end to end. From suppliers to shelf.

My wife is my partner and holds the mandatory 51% stake in the Company. I myself have worked for Kraft Foods for 8 years and know food production inside out which we will certainly be involved in at a later date. I also have a very good business sense and have been involved with running my own companies back in the UK involving import and retail end to end supply chain enterprises.

We will be prepared to negotiate with any partner/s what their involvement would be (if any) and what their returns would be. But this would all be discussed at a per-arranged meeting where we will be willing to go through the entire processes in detail.

We do have money to invest in this, in fact we have the liquidity to pretty much cover the start up without a second party involvement, however, this would not leave us with a lot of extra cash to live comfortably for the 2 months approximately that we would have to wait before the big retailers honour their invoices. Which also slows us down a little with our expansion plans, as we will possibly need to cover the costs of a second order before being paid for the first, a rut that we don't feel very happy to be stuck in.... Basically we favour cash-flow.

The minimum investment we need is only 500,000 Baht, which we will match ourselves just to get out of the starting traps. We can discuss any extra that may be needed depending on input from any potential partner/s regarding how fast we all want to see ourselves in profit.

Any business arrangement entered into will see all party's interests protected by legal contracts, and a directorship in the company will be available. We do not desire anyone to enter into something that is less than legally airtight. We do understand that their can be many dubious offers out there in Thailand. Not a single Baht will be requested until everything is binding and all are protected by the commercial laws of the Kingdom.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me a PM

Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded.

I have met with a few people, and we are now on course for a successful partnering in this project.

Sorry to those we did not choose. But we needed to pick the right partner for the project.

• 2 weeks later...