Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Richardson's job is on the line, Saints are now looking at other coaches.

That come from the great man himself chooka? You know....your spy down there....the nephew?

Heard on the grape vine some lowly club was talking to Needle.....ummmmm very intresting.

That come from the great man himself chooka? You know....your spy down there....the nephew?

Heard on the grape vine some lowly club was talking to Needle.....ummmmm very intresting.

haven't every grapevine story I have given on here in regards to the saints come true. Everyone turned out 100%

The thing is, if the saints Administration are treating coaches like excrement who will put their hand up for the job?

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

And you had the cheek to rubbish Ross the boss Lyon when he took flight to the west..............couple of names roll of my tounge dear boy, Terry "cry baby" Wallace is still looking for a job, Sheeds could be coxed out of retirement, The Blues might give you sour puss Malthouse and beg for Ratterns return, dont worry coaches are a glutton for punishment only 18 jobs at least 16 are safe and that leaves 200 odd applicants trying to get the 2 positions....now dont ask me who the other club is...it aint mine.

Well its unfair to butcher the Saints and Bulldogs coaches since both coaches came in with the job of rebuilding, the Saints were in free fall anway but bottom maybe not, look the Dees didnt end up doing much either so Richardson should be safe and the other guy well i think hes done enough for one more round.

Chooka your man has a contract so hes not going anywhere hes just gonna have to put up with that happles lot of a borad that you have, may i suggest a purge led by the massures down there.

haven't every grapevine story I have given on here in regards to the saints come true. Everyone turned out 100%

The thing is, if the saints Administration are treating coaches like excrement who will put their hand up for the job?

Any truth to the rumour the AFL is trying to merge St Kilda and the Bulldogs?

• Like 1

Dane Swan apologises for going outside

Dear AFL fans,

It may have come to your attention that I was pictured outside my house on Tuesday.

Somehow I had found my way to an Italian restaurant and had lunch with friends.

Apparently, someone had left the gate unlocked at my house.

I now realise there is no excuse for this and I have let everyone down.

Immediately upon realising I was outside my house, I rang the Collingwood Football Club and informed them of what had happened.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/dane-swan-apologises-for-going-outside/story-fni0ffsx-1227038688516

Paul Roos to cull top picks in bid to regenerate Melbourne’s list

MELBOURNE will continue its clean-out of top draft picks at season’s end with another three players taken in the top-20 in the club’s firing line.

The club is set to make decisions on the uncertain futures of out-of-contract trio Sam Blease (pick 17), Luke Tapscott (18) and James Strauss (19) when player reviews begin next Monday.

The three players, who were once considered cornerstones of the club’s failed rebuild, have managed only five senior games between them this season.

If big man James Frawley (12) finds a new home under free agency rules as expected, the club could have either lost or cut a total of eight players chosen in the top-20 of the 2006-10 national drafts.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-to-cull-top-picks-in-bid-to-regenerate-melbournes-list/story-fni5f91a-1227037950219

Edited by BookMan

Dear AFL fans,

It may have come to your attention that I was pictured outside my house on Tuesday.

Immediately upon realising I was outside my house, I rang the Collingwood Football Club and informed them of what had happened.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/dane-swan-apologises-for-going-outside/story-fni0ffsx-1227038688516

I hate Collingwood as much as the next bloke, but Swanny's got some wicked sense of humour! :D

Dear AFL fans,

I hate Collingwood as much as the next bloke, but Swanny's got some wicked sense of humour! biggrin.png

Not Swanny mate, satire from Titus O Reily website. Some very funny stuff on there. Bit like Not The Nation

http://titusoreily.com/

post-140056-0-08228100-1409124940_thumb.

I find this hard to believe, I wonder if his pussy was a blonde or a redhead. rolleyes.gif

A sick cat has saved Adelaide Crows defender Daniel Talia from losing his licence.

Talia, 22, told Adelaide Magistrates Court he was speeding 36km/hr over the limit because his cat was vomiting violently in the back seat, The Advertiser reports.

The 2012 AFL Rising Star winner pleaded guilty and was fined $824 after he was clocked driving 96km/hr in a 60km/hr zone on the Southern Expressway in February.

The court heard a distracted Talia had failed that notice a change in the speed limit along the expressway due to road works, which had finished for the day.

Talia was to be stripped of seven demerit points but Magistrate Bob Harrap agreed to reduce that number to four to allow the footballer to keep his licence and maintain his training commitments.

Speaking outside the court, Talia said he was keen to put the incident behind him.

"Speeding should not be condoned on our roads," he said.

Edited by Ron19

For any of you Ron Barassi fans out there, I've just finished a good

biography on the great man that I borrowed from the internet.

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/books/barassi-peter-lalor/p/9781742379098

If anyone would like a copy of the ebook, let me know and I'll send you

a copy.

Does he mention his Sydney years?

Yep, right from the start at Melbourne when his dad died in the war.

Then his time as a player for Melbourne, then as coach of Carlton,

North and then Sydney.

Many many years ago I read The Coach by John Powers who spent

a year with Barass in 1977 when he was at North. That was a great read also.

The book I've just finished talk about Barass wanting to recruit Lockett after

he smashed Syd.

Paul Kelly reckons Syd got to the GF under Rocket Eade due to Barassi's work.

Paul Roos cannot speak highly enough of him as well.

I knew he was successful but by the time he was 41, he had been involved in over

17 grand finals as a player/coach.

• Like 1

Maybe we need like the epl.

Bottom 3 teams drop a division.

Where would promotion come from?

There was some talk a while ago about having 2 leagues

and having the top 4 of each play each other or 2 divisions

where you can get promoted from 2nd div to first.

I can't see it happening though.

For any of you Ron Barassi fans out there, I've just finished a good

biography on the great man that I borrowed from the internet.

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/books/barassi-peter-lalor/p/9781742379098

If anyone would like a copy of the ebook, let me know and I'll send you

a copy.

Yes will...of course i would like a copy, you will send by email?

Any truth to the rumour the AFL is trying to merge St Kilda and the Bulldogs?

Shhhhhh you will upset chooka hes already down in the dumps.....cant be true anyway he claims to know all the gossip before it hits print on the Saints.

Paul Roos to cull top picks in bid to regenerate Melbourne’s list

MELBOURNE will continue its clean-out of top draft picks at season’s end with another three players taken in the top-20 in the club’s firing line.

The club is set to make decisions on the uncertain futures of out-of-contract trio Sam Blease (pick 17), Luke Tapscott (18) and James Strauss (19) when player reviews begin next Monday.

The three players, who were once considered cornerstones of the club’s failed rebuild, have managed only five senior games between them this season.

If big man James Frawley (12) finds a new home under free agency rules as expected, the club could have either lost or cut a total of eight players chosen in the top-20 of the 2006-10 national drafts.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-to-cull-top-picks-in-bid-to-regenerate-melbournes-list/story-fni5f91a-1227037950219

Roos signed new contracts with Bail, Riley and Terlich, Retirements to Shannon Byrnes and Mitch Clark plus the expected loss of Frawley to free agency the clean out begins....hope Jamar is in that group of no return, plus they will trade a few contracted players, dont ask me who its a raffel to who should go, its more about putting the fear of god into a few.

• Like 1

You wicked man....you wont make friends in here, the members are against anything put pure AFL...no changes in 150 years ....even to the jumper.rolleyes.gif

Speaking for yourself again, old bean? Wouldn't mind the AFL going the way of the EPL if it could be sustainable. Would take a lot of work to get it going...

You wicked man....you wont make friends in here, the members are against anything put pure AFL...no changes in 150 years ....even to the jumper.rolleyes.gif

Speaking for yourself again, old bean? Wouldn't mind the AFL going the way of the EPL if it could be sustainable. Would take a lot of work to get it going...

I'm all for progressive change. New Zealand could use 5 or 6 games a year from Melburne maybe?

I'm all for progressive change. New Zealand could use 5 or 6 games a year from Melburne maybe?

Its hardly progressive change is it? and you know what will happen dont you?

The top 4 or 5 clubs as in the EPL will be raffling off for the top spot, once clubs drop to the second div they loose so much money it would be hard for them to ever be able to match the $ of the big 5 again.

I said it last year a better system is to create many winners the NFL and NBL system of confrences, divisonial champion, wild card play off, confrence champion and finaly 2 confrence champons play for the premieship.

Business will invest in sports clubs if there on TV and winning, the American system creates many winners, also its time that all games are live to free TV, we of the lower clubs dont get to see our tream play more than half a dozen games a year on TV, time the AFL sold the rights to packages to several free to air networks rather than have just C7 doing it all the time, C9 &10 were a breath of fresh air in there coverage when they had it, i turn the sound down with i watch a game on 7...they truly are still in the 60's, all hype not much content, cant stand them...oh and that sth aussie whats is name? the darling of 7 sports and race caller...he was ok when he started but im sooooooooooo tired of the trowled on sugar coated crappola he spits out of his mouth.

Its hardly progressive change is it? and you know what will happen dont you?

The top 4 or 5 clubs as in the EPL will be raffling off for the top spot, once clubs drop to the second div they loose so much money it would be hard for them to ever be able to match the $ of the big 5 again.

I said it last year a better system is to create many winners the NFL and NBL system of confrences, divisonial champion, wild card play off, confrence champion and finaly 2 confrence champons play for the premieship.

Business will invest in sports clubs if there on TV and winning, the American system creates many winners, also its time that all games are live to free TV, we of the lower clubs dont get to see our tream play more than half a dozen games a year on TV, time the AFL sold the rights to packages to several free to air networks rather than have just C7 doing it all the time, C9 &10 were a breath of fresh air in there coverage when they had it, i turn the sound down with i watch a game on 7...they truly are still in the 60's, all hype not much content, cant stand them...oh and that sth aussie whats is name? the darling of 7 sports and race caller...he was ok when he started but im sooooooooooo tired of the trowled on sugar coated crappola he spits out of his mouth.

And by NBL you mean NBA, the NBL is smaller than the AFL and certainly doesn't have the coin to splash around.

I could see the NFL conference thing getting legs, it's been adopted by the Super Rugby competition and they've got 3 less teams than the AFL.

But the EPL model would work best, IMO. The lower divisions are already there (SANFL, WAFL, VFL and the lower tier NEAFL) would certainly make the 'reserves' a much stronger competition.

Can't see Eddie going for it though and we know he secretly controls the world :P

• Like 1