Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

It's hard to imagine it not being a Syd/hawks GF methinks.

Syd just don't seem to have any passengers.

Ballantyne had a shocker which means he's been disgraceful

in his last 2 finals.....that's a worry.

I thought chooka's mate Dawson was huge on Tippett and

Silvagni was good on Buddy.

In the end I just think Syd wore Freo down.

Adding the best big man in the comp to a very good side could

be the difference for Syd this year.

After watching the first 2 finals, I thing Geelong are the weakest

side in the top 5.

Looking back, how Freo will rue getting beaten by Saint Kilda by 10

goals in round 18. Probably cost them a top 2 finish.

• Like 1

It's hard to imagine it not being a Syd/hawks GF methinks.

Syd just don't seem to have any passengers.

Ballantyne had a shocker which means he's been disgraceful

in his last 2 finals.....that's a worry.

I thought chooka's mate Dawson was huge on Tippett and

Silvagni was good on Buddy.

In the end I just think Syd wore Freo down.

Adding the best big man in the comp to a very good side could

be the difference for Syd this year.

After watching the first 2 finals, I thing Geelong are the weakest

side in the top 5.

Looking back, how Freo will rue getting beaten by Saint Kilda by 10

goals in round 18. Probably cost them a top 2 finish.

A Hawks Sydney GF does seem most likely

Tippet was closed down completely. Hope he finds his touch before the next game.

Parker was good. Nic Smith did his job well. Reid was a butterfingers anywhere near the forward 50. Rohan had a shocker. Malceski being subbed early was a big loss

• Like 1

Here comes North!

4 goals in 6 minutes in the 3rd quarter!

And another!

North were 30 points behind and now only 3 behind! 8 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter

The last ten minutes we have seen the North that I love to watch..(not the North who let me down so cruelly this year tongue.png )

Farmerjo will be liking this....

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Well what can i say.

Gonna have a w--k over that one.biggrin.png

Awesome comeback for a final.

Been slagging Sam Wright all season,now he's me best mate.laugh.png

That was a terrific final.

North must have sent a different team onto the field in the second hald

I reckon North will roll Geelong next week.

Geelong looked slow to me and rely too much on Selwood.

And with Stevie J in trouble, I reckon North will be to quick for them.

I don't think either North or Geelong will bother Syd though.

Port to beat Richmond tomorrow.

Well what can i say.

Gonna have a w--k over that one.biggrin.png

Awesome comeback for a final.

Been slagging Sam Wright all season,now he's me best mate.laugh.png

That was a terrific final.

North must have sent a different team onto the field in the second hald

I reckon North will roll Geelong next week.

Geelong looked slow to me and rely too much on Selwood.

And with Stevie J in trouble, I reckon North will be to quick for them.

I don't think either North or Geelong will bother Syd though.

Port to beat Richmond tomorrow.

I also like North against Geelong. I don't think Geelong was the #3 team this year...but they did finish there.

Richmond for me tomorrow. They are on a roll, full of confidence.

Pity there is no actual footage of the slap on the back.

Fan's shouldn't touch players and officials but one wonders

if Ross would've reacted like that if Freo were 10 goals up.

Probably not I'd suggest.

If the supporters version is true, seems like a massive over-reaction

by Lyon.

AFL set to investigate clash between Ross Lyon and fan during Sydney-Fremantle final

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/afl-set-to-investigate-clash-between-ross-lyon-and-fan-during-sydneyfremantle-final/story-fniv64vs-1227050169306

• Like 1

by Lyon.

AFL set to investigate clash between Ross Lyon and fan during Sydney-Fremantle final

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/afl-set-to-investigate-clash-between-ross-lyon-and-fan-during-sydneyfremantle-final/story-fniv64vs-1227050169306

Using the 'c' word has also tarnished Ross's nice calm guy public image.

I thought Ross might have been updating his facebook status at the time, so I can understand he was p.issed off.

• Like 1

by Lyon.

Using the 'c' word has also tarnished Ross's nice calm guy public image.

I thought Ross might have been updating his facebook status at the time, so I can understand he was p.issed off.

And grabbing him by the throat is untidy.

I think he was on FB deleting Ballantyne as a friendtongue.png

Chooka, as the President of the Ross Lyon fan club, do you have a comment about yesterday's incident. Was it all a bit of a misunderstanding or is there something sinister afoot

Good on Rossy I reckon, those Dockers fans can be quite a handful.. Oh wait.. Hahaha..

:P

Chooka, as the President of the Ross Lyon fan club, do you have a comment about yesterday's incident. Was it all a bit of a misunderstanding or is there something sinister afoot

Good on Rossy I reckon, those Dockers fans can be quite a handful.. Oh wait.. Hahaha..

:P

Port certainly turned it on today!

That 1st quarter was looking like a cricket score.

They're in with a big chance against Freo next week if they play like that. That's my roughy for next week..

Cats should dispense with North..

The first quarter was embarrassing for Richmond. Port players breaking through 1, 2, 3, tackles.

Can't see Freo allowing them that run. Freo for me.

When does the finals tipping comp get updated?

Port certainly turned it on today!

That 1st quarter was looking like a cricket score.

They're in with a big chance against Freo next week if they play like that. That's my roughy for next week..

Cats should dispense with North..

The first quarter was embarrassing for Richmond. Port players breaking through 1, 2, 3, tackles.

Can't see Freo allowing them that run. Freo for me.

When does the finals tipping comp get updated?

I think they are having problems with the program.Yesterday it was showing my wins losses and now it doesn't.

• Like 1

Well done Ron,coming good at the business end of year.

Also to Will 27 and rip,for a clean sweep as well.

Thanks mate.

Well done fella's.

All of the results went according to ladder position.

I think it's a lot harder this week.

IMO, both games are genuine fitty fitty ones.

Goodes gets a bollocking in the reader's comments section.

I'd like to see Goodes retire this year, if he can't make the decision the club needs to make it for him. He has been a champion player but his time has come.

Sam Reid. Trade him to whoever we can get the best deal. Free up the money we pay him. He could do well in a different environment and team play structure.

Tom Mitchell. Either play him or trade him. Can't have a player running round in the NEAFL on $Big $Bucks. This year we had Mitchell, ROK, and LRT.

Sydney has an embarrassment of riches at the moment.

I'd like to see Goodes retire this year, if he can't make the decision the club needs to make it for him. He has been a champion player but his time has come.

Sam Reid. Trade him to whoever we can get the best deal. Free up the money we pay him. He could do well in a different environment and team play structure.

Tom Mitchell. Either play him or trade him. Can't have a player running round in the NEAFL on $Big $Bucks. This year we had Mitchell, ROK, and LRT.

Gotta bite the bullet sometime, that being said, word on the streets of Paddington are that if the boys win the premiership he'll retire. If they don't his decision will then be one of can he go around again and play in the super sub role that Gia did pretty well in down at the Western Bulldogs.

O'Keefe's done, though most of his salary, like Goodesy's comes out of the Old Fart Fund, which is why he can keep running around without having too much of a strain on the purse strings. Mitchell will probably have a break out season next year if he's not traded for some draft picks. As for Butters, keep him down back that's his new found niche, a tall athletic jumper, both Richards and Shaw are probably coming to the end of their careers too. I'd much rather keep him there, though that being said, Jesse White had a breakout seasons last year and then got traded to Collingwood. Didn't get much of a look in this season.

Khun Will27, I'm accepting offers on behalf of the Swans so please feel free to have your people contact my people.

In very good news...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-08/no-tear-for-malceski

This is good news and pleases me immensely!

• Like 1

Gotta bite the bullet sometime, that being said, word on the streets of Paddington are that if the boys win the premiership he'll retire. If they don't his decision will then be one of can he go around again and play in the super sub role that Gia did pretty well in down at the Western Bulldogs.

O'Keefe's done, though most of his salary, like Goodesy's comes out of the Old Fart Fund, which is why he can keep running around without having too much of a strain on the purse strings. Mitchell will probably have a break out season next year if he's not traded for some draft picks. As for Butters, keep him down back that's his new found niche, a tall athletic jumper, both Richards and Shaw are probably coming to the end of their careers too. I'd much rather keep him there, though that being said, Jesse White had a breakout seasons last year and then got traded to Collingwood. Didn't get much of a look in this season.

Khun Will27, I'm accepting offers on behalf of the Swans so please feel free to have your people contact my people.

In very good news...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-08/no-tear-for-malceski

This is good news and pleases me immensely!

Veterans allowance is not as much as you might think GS. Only $120k extra on top of the salary cap,per player. So Goodes would still have about 600k coming from the salary cap then + $120k extra from veterans allowance. ROK wouldhave been similar. LRT was ten years?