Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

I would expect that Freo will throw the kitchen sink at Mitch Clarke.

The big Pavlova badly need some help.

Clark open to AFL return, but may not be with Demons

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-07/clark-may-return-to-footy

I can understand why he was depressed, playing for Melbourne and all that.

This news though will be more depressing for Melbourne supporters.

Ex West Coast Player, Ex Sydney player, Matt Spangher, has had a break out season at Hawthorn this year

I guess it's a horses for courses type of thing.

I doubt he would still get a game for WC but the hawks

haven't got a of big defenders and it's looks like he's now

preferred to Shoenmaker.

Good on the wild man.

• Like 1

I can understand why he was depressed, playing for Melbourne and all that.

This news though will be more depressing for Melbourne supporters.

Clarkes stocks have fallen no doubt.

I wonder what Melbourne would take for him now.

Does Freo's first round draft pick sound fair?

Veterans allowance is not as much as you might think GS. Only $120k extra on top of the salary cap,per player. So Goodes would still have about 600k coming from the salary cap then + $120k extra from veterans allowance. ROK wouldhave been similar. LRT was ten years?

Agreed but the way contracts are generally front loaded and Goodesy's probably not physically on $600k per year, ROK would have been grandfathered under the old rules and LRT qualified via the new rules. It's how we landed Buddy and Cindarella, whilst still being able to retain the midfield brigade of Kennedy, McGlynn, Jack, McVeigh, Hanners and Spiderman..

Just checking the tips ladder...

How does it work? Why is Ron on top even though say Ripstanley has a better margin score?

Beechbum. Xang, no score at all mate!

If the result was Sydney won by 20 and you Tipped Sydney to win by 13, your margin score is 7. That is, you are 7 points from tipping the correct margin.

The margin tipping accumulates every round. The lowest cumulative margin score is best .

Beechbum and xang must have elected not to be in the Finals tipping

Just checking the tips ladder...

How does it work? Why is Ron on top even though say Ripstanley has a better margin score?

Beechbum. Xang, no score at all mate!

Firstly,congratulations are due to will27 and ripstanley for picking the card

along with myself.

Secondly,the round margin is decided by the difference between the match

margin and what you nominated the margin would be so that means that I

was closest to the match margin.For instance if you had picked the 4 winners

then you would have been the weekly winner with a margin of 4 points.

• Like 1

Im cool with this....Freo have a few players we could use, Clarke wasnt excatly a house hold name in Deeland after 15 games, could have been anything but not anymore, lets just say people with his type of illness often struggle with stress....

• Like 1

Im cool with this....Freo have a few players we could use, Clarke wasnt excatly a house hold name in Deeland after 15 games, could have been anything but not anymore, lets just say people with his type of illness often struggle with stress....

Freo can swap sylvia for clarke.laugh.png

Be interesting as 7 trades seems to be the number at most clubs.

• Like 1

I liked Silvia but he could be a lazy boy, in fact we could have relied on at least 4 or 5 games from him this season breaking open a game and kicking a few down the throat of Daws...might have got a couple of extra wins......always dangerous moving from a weak club to a top, you just have to work that bit harder.

• Like 1

I liked Silvia but he could be a lazy boy, in fact we could have relied on at least 4 or 5 games from him this season breaking open a game and kicking a few down the throat of Daws...might have got a couple of extra wins......always dangerous moving from a weak club to a top, you just have to work that bit harder.

Ahhh...not so fast you guys, looks like Clarke is eying off a return to the Dees, reported in this mornings Age, speculation of going to the Dockers was labeled a joke by his manger..."I think some people are jumping the gun and blowing this story out of proportion," he said. "I've always had the view that I need to get away to get back, and that's what I've done. I'm keen to get back."

"I would love to stay at Melbourne, but I haven't even spoken to Roosy yet," Clark told reporters after a personal training session on Monday.

Father son Billy Streach will be taken by the Dees, hope the kid is as good as his pop.

Now a raid on a few Swans.....smile.png

• Like 1

The half-time spray that saved the Roos' season

A HALF-TIME spray from North Melbourne leader Nick Dal Santo was one of the reasons behind the club’s dominant third-quarter comeback against the Bombers, according to defender Sam Wright.

The Kangaroos kicked just two opening-half goals to trail by 27 points at half-time in Saturday night’s elimination final, before booting seven goals in the third quarter to turn the match on its head.
Wright said the leadership of Dal Santo on the ground after the half-time siren was pivotal in their comeback.
"Well Nick Dal Santo brought us in on the ground together and pretty much just drew a line in the sand," Wright told Crocmedia’s Sportsday program.
"He pretty much just said, ‘this is enough, boys, this is a final … we’re not going to get another chance, it’s now or never’.
"(He then) followed with a couple of instructions of how we play our best footy, and I really found that helped because it put forward in our heads before we even got into the rooms.
  • Like 1

Ahhh...not so fast you guys, looks like Clarke is eying off a return to the Dees, reported in this mornings Age, speculation of going to the Dockers was labeled a joke by his manger..."I think some people are jumping the gun and blowing this story out of proportion," he said. "I've always had the view that I need to get away to get back, and that's what I've done. I'm keen to get back."

"I would love to stay at Melbourne, but I haven't even spoken to Roosy yet," Clark told reporters after a personal training session on Monday.

Father son Billy Streach will be taken by the Dees, hope the kid is as good as his pop.

We have Reid for trade. Apparently Malceski is borderline. He has been offered a 2 + 1, final year triggered by KPIs. Money is close.

What can Melbourne offer?

We have Reid for trade. Apparently Malceski is borderline. He has been offered a 2 + 1, final year triggered by KPIs. Money is close.

Come on BookMan, like Sydney need another tall forward!

I reckon an obvious trade would be Reid for Wattsbiggrin.png

Eddie Betts worth the money? Highs and lows of the Adelaide season

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-09/was-eddie-worth-the-coin

I agree with Gary Lyon the Betts is probably worth $400 - $450 000

but I always think you have to pay over the odds for ruckmen and forwards.

Ended up being a good deal methinks.

Kicked 51 for the year and gave a few off.

A tick from me.

A HALF-TIME spray from North Melbourne leader Nick Dal Santo was one of the reasons behind the club’s dominant third-quarter comeback against the Bombers, according to defender Sam Wright.

The Kangaroos kicked just two opening-half goals to trail by 27 points at half-time in Saturday night’s elimination final, before booting seven goals in the third quarter to turn the match on its head.
Wright said the leadership of Dal Santo on the ground after the half-time siren was pivotal in their comeback.
"Well Nick Dal Santo brought us in on the ground together and pretty much just drew a line in the sand," Wright told Crocmedia’s Sportsday program.
"He pretty much just said, ‘this is enough, boys, this is a final … we’re not going to get another chance, it’s now or never’.
"(He then) followed with a couple of instructions of how we play our best footy, and I really found that helped because it put forward in our heads before we even got into the rooms.

You've got to worry about North if that what it takes I reckon.

They were playing Essendon without Carisle and were still 5

plus goals down.

I worry about Scott as coach. Doesn't seem to have a plan B

as far as I'm concerned.

If I was a North supporter, I would be asking why Majik Daw

continued to get a game instead of Ben Brown.

having said that, I reckon they're a huge chance this week.

That'd be a Like-For-Like swap.

Both players have promised a lot but not delivered.

Reid is almost falling out of the best 22

That'd be a Like-For-Like swap.

Both players have promised a lot but not delivered.

Reid is almost falling out of the best 22

I agree with our Mr Smith, I would train him up as a defender.

• Like 2

Is Caroline Wilson on drugs?

Richmond finished 5th last year, won 15 games

and were knocked out by the side that finished 9th.

This year they won 12, finished 8th and got beaten by

10 goals.

And she reckons that's a pass!

They're gone backwards.

FOOTY CLASSIFIED (CHANNEL 9)

THE show kicked off with a scathing assessment of Richmond’s loss to Port Adelaide in Sunday’s elimination final.

“They failed a big exam yesterday,” Essendon legend Matthew Lloyd said. “They were exposed against a brutal Port Adelaide that wanted it more.”

Melbourne champion Garry Lyon added: “People say they played nine elimination finals. That’s not right. They played nine home and away games. If they don’t address the loss, they’ll sit on a nine-game winning streak and go into the pre-season contented.”

Journalist Caroline Wilson took a more sympathetic view on the Tigers.

“They’ll get a pass mark for 2014. While they capitulated at the Adelaide Oval, where they were two months ago, you have to give them a pass mark,” she said.

“There’s 18 teams in the competition, so at least they can take some solace they were able to fight back from a wooden spoon situation.

• Like 1

plus goals down.

as far as I'm concerned.

Dal santo for coach,sounds like they listen to him.tongue.png

How long will they put up with Scott for?

I guess as long as Brayshaw is president.

The thing that is good is he didnt get to negative with the game plan.

Laidely made a terrible mess of that come finals with north.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

Is Caroline Wilson on drugs?

Richmond finished 5th last year, won 15 games

and were knocked out by the side that finished 9th.

This year they won 12, finished 8th and got beaten by

10 goals.

And she reckons that's a pass!

They're gone backwards.

FOOTY CLASSIFIED (CHANNEL 9)

THE show kicked off with a scathing assessment of Richmond’s loss to Port Adelaide in Sunday’s elimination final.

“They failed a big exam yesterday,” Essendon legend Matthew Lloyd said. “They were exposed against a brutal Port Adelaide that wanted it more.”

Melbourne champion Garry Lyon added: “People say they played nine elimination finals. That’s not right. They played nine home and away games. If they don’t address the loss, they’ll sit on a nine-game winning streak and go into the pre-season contented.”

Journalist Caroline Wilson took a more sympathetic view on the Tigers.

“They’ll get a pass mark for 2014. While they capitulated at the Adelaide Oval, where they were two months ago, you have to give them a pass mark,” she said.

“There’s 18 teams in the competition, so at least they can take some solace they were able to fight back from a wooden spoon situation.

Richmond's poor form can be traced back to missing key players this year.

What it did show is they don't have the depth to cover a couple of missing key players.

plus goals down.

as far as I'm concerned.

Dal santo for coach,sounds like they listen to him.tongue.png

How long will they put up with Scott for?

I guess as long as Brayshaw is president.

The thing that is good is he didnt get to negative with the game plan.

Laidely made a terrible mess of that come finals with north.

The Brothers Scott both like their teams to take the game on and keep taking the game on no matter what. Look at North last year, when they lost a couple of key games because instead of shutting down the game in defense they kept attacking.

Makes for an exciting style of play to watch when it comes together for both Geelong and North.

Hawthorn and Sydney are both capable of that style of play with their personnel, but they strike a balance, and will play a lock down defensive game if needed.

• Like 2

I agree with our Mr Smith, I would train him up as a defender.

I've been saying for a long time he is much better in defence than he is in the forward line. He is much more confident in marking in defence, but I question his speed and ability to get down low. When he misses a tackle he can be slow to respond. Like a big gangly lumbering giraffe caught in the headlights and momentarily dazed.

He is also much more confident with his kicking coming out of defence.

His advantage of course is his height. At 195cm and 90 kilos he is a big unit

• Like 1

More money than the swans have and they will and im more than sure a new challange, just the guy to drop it on the chest of the few runners we have, Malceski sets up plays from the half back line even at his age hes worth his weight in gold.

In case you missed it will, Watts has said hes not going anywhere, even blind freddie can see the guy is a future big player there, much maligned because he was seen as the big white hope, Roo's has played him like he should be played at his age, roaming wing/midfield type dropping into the backline.

The Hawks started players like Langford on the wing in the 80s even dipper started life on a wing as did Roos, then went on to hold down key positions.

One day i will watch you eat your words on Watts.

Ps, since Roos knows so well Sydneys playing list dont be suprised if he does the double.

Norths road will come to an end this week, Cats good enough to make an other perlim as is Port.

Ms Wilson seeks controversy i hardly ever read her dribble and when i do i cant get past a few paragraphs

her take on the Essendon Drug saga made my roll my eyes.

And where is chooka? the man from CM has been quite as a mouse in a wheat silo.