Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

As a Sydney supporter I'm feeling pretty confident right about now..

Jesus Christ Geelong! You lot are pathetic!

tipped the roos by 10, 6 not to bad

I was surprised. 8 of us tipped Nth Melbourne. I thought Geelong were favourites. Well done Chooka you have the best margin.

I'm ok with losing a tip for that result :)

• Like 1

Is Boomer gorn?

Let's see, off the ball, high contact, has loading points.

Nah, he'll be finebiggrin.png

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-13/nervous-wait-for-boomer

In the post match conference, Wayne Carey looked pissed off/upset with fellow commentator Tom Harley. Tom suggested harvey should get at least one week.

Leigh Mathews thought it was the same as Fyfe earlier in the year.

• Like 1

Is Boomer gorn?

Let's see, off the ball, high contact, has loading points.

Nah, he'll be finebiggrin.png

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-13/nervous-wait-for-boomer

In the post match conference, Wayne Carey looked pissed off/upset with fellow commentator Tom Harley. Tom suggested harvey should get at least one week.

Leigh Mathews thought it was the same as Fyfe earlier in the year.

Didn't see anything post match.

At least in Fyfe's case you could see the ball.

The only way I can see him getting off would be the old "insufficient force" line.

Swannies reserves lose NEAFL GF after the siren. Bit of talk going round that last quarter was some dodgy umpiring decisions

+++++++++++++++++

Grand final heartbreak for reserves

It was a heartbreaking loss for the Sydney Swans reserves on Saturday afternoon, who suffered a two-point loss to Aspley in this year’s NEAFL grand final.

Despite leading by as many as 32 points late in the third term, a six goal to one final term from the home side, including the match-winning goal on the siren saw the Hornets claim victory at Graham Road Reserve in front of a vocal Aspley home crowd.

While the Swans reserves fell painfully short in Saturday’s decider, midfielder Tom Mitchell was awarded the Andrew Ireland Medal for best afield, following his impressive 30 touches, ten tackles, 11 clearances and one goal in the loss.

The match, which was played at the same venue which saw the Swans reserves fall short to the Brisbane Lions reserves in last year’s grand final, was a game of momentum swings, with both sides getting the edge at different times throughout the contest.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-13/grand-final-heartbreak-for-reserves

Swannies reserves lose NEAFL GF after the siren. Bit of talk going round that last quarter was some dodgy umpiring decisions

+++++++++++++++++

It was a heartbreaking loss for the Sydney Swans reserves on Saturday afternoon, who suffered a two-point loss to Aspley in this year’s NEAFL grand final.

Despite leading by as many as 32 points late in the third term, a six goal to one final term from the home side, including the match-winning goal on the siren saw the Hornets claim victory at Graham Road Reserve in front of a vocal Aspley home crowd.

While the Swans reserves fell painfully short in Saturday’s decider, midfielder Tom Mitchell was awarded the Andrew Ireland Medal for best afield, following his impressive 30 touches, ten tackles, 11 clearances and one goal in the loss.

The match, which was played at the same venue which saw the Swans reserves fall short to the Brisbane Lions reserves in last year’s grand final, was a game of momentum swings, with both sides getting the edge at different times throughout the contest.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-09-13/grand-final-heartbreak-for-reserves

Gee, our boy keeps putting his asking price upbiggrin.png

+++++++++++++++++

Gee, our boy keeps putting his asking price upbiggrin.png

Mitchell with 10 tackles.

That Swans reserves team is a talent packed side. There could be a case to pay malceski his big $$ and simply recruit from within.

• Like 1

Silvagni a late withdrawal for Freo.

Add that to Ballantyne, Johnson and McPharlin and

I'm starting to wonder if Freo can win this one nowfacepalm.gif

I'm still backing them to shut Port down. Freo home ground advantage also.

hawks and Sydney now equal premiership favorites with betting agencies.

Port up by 2 points at the end of the 3rd quarter!

Freo should have put the game away in the first half but just couldn't kick straight.

Last quarter should be a beauty

I don't follow Port Adelaide very often but when I do, it's against Freo :P

Good to see Freo go out in straight sets - sorry Ron19 ;)

Pretty sure I heard chooka screaming expletives which politely translated was "karma, Ross" being a family network that's all that can be translated :P

• Like 2

Port up by 2 points at the end of the 3rd quarter!

Freo should have put the game away in the first half but just couldn't kick straight.

Last quarter should be a beauty

I don't follow Port Adelaide very often but when I do, it's against Freo tongue.png

Good to see Freo go out in straight sets - sorry Ron19 wink.png

Pretty sure I heard chooka screaming expletives which politely translated was "karma, Ross" being a family network that's all that can be translated tongue.png

damn I think I was typing the same time as your thinking but the wife called me for something before I hit the post button

• Like 1

Next week I have to make my selections on Monday. I fly to Australia on Tuesday for a week. I thought Swans and Hawthorn but after tonight maybe Swans and Port???????

I'll still be backing Hawthorn for that one

Me as well.

Freo should've been at least 8 goals up at half time I think.

The hawks won't give them the same opportunity.

A bitter pill for Freo to swallow but to be fair, they had their leading

goal kicker out injured as well as 3 of their key backmen.

• Like 1

suck that up Ross you Toss. I guess you will be looking at another team now to coach. you are wahed up Ross and the Dockers window is almost closed

At least they've got a window chookawhistling.gif

BTW, your boy Zac Dawson had another great game after toweling up Tippett.

he would probably be captain at your club nowlaugh.png

suck that up Ross you Toss. I guess you will be looking at another team now to coach. you are wahed up Ross and the Dockers window is almost closed

They'll still be okay for a crack at it next year

Don't know much about their up and comers and young players being developed. Maybe Ron can enlighten us.

• Like 1

Don't know much about their up and comers and young players being developed. Maybe Ron can enlighten us.

It looks as if Freo won't be going after Mitch Clark now. If that's the case, they

will need to offer the world to Jarrad Waite I think.

Lyon has the ability to turn average footballers into good ones but the desperately

need a big forward. With Pav kept quiet, they just didn't have another avenue for goal.

having said that, 6.11 to halftime didn't help.

Will the tribunal make the correct call or continue to be a laughing stock I wonder.

Tribunal expert Bruce Matthews says Brent Harvey should miss the preliminary final

AS much as it’s unpalatable and seemingly unfair, it is difficult to see how North Melbourne’s Brent Harvey can avoid being suspended for this week’s preliminary final.

Everyone by now should understand the stricter bump rule — if you choose to bump and make forceful head contact, even accidentally, then you’re responsible for the consequences.

Yes, you could argue the head clash wasn’t forceful, but a key opposition leader and playmaker was forced off the ground with blood streaming from an eyebrow cut. Not a good look.

Geelong’s compulsory medical report to the AFL match review panel will state how Selwood had to be stitched up during the half-time break. Not a good read.

Even with the lowest rough conduct gradings of negligent conduct with low impact, Harvey attracts 125 demerit points. With a clean record, he pleads guilty and escapes with a reprimand.

Alas, he’s lumbered with 41 carry-over points and a 10 per cent bad record loading from the three-game suspension from his Round 21 misconduct offence.

The 25 per cent discount for an early guilty plead would still leave him with 137 points and an automatic one-match ban. Only a successful tribunal challenge to, perhaps, question Selwood’s eyebrow scar tissue would allow him to play against the Swans.

You have to feel for the popular Kangaroo, but he had been warned.

• Like 1

Ross is not known for developing young players, he never gave the kids a chance at the saints and that is why they have been left stranded and trying to develop them now.

Ross is not known for developing young players, he never gave the kids a chance at the saints and that is why they have been left stranded and trying to develop them now.

Ahhhh thats not fair chooka...how can you say that? when Lyon took over half the team where early draft picks and been playing some finals, they were ready for the big time, and they were big time for a while, think you underestimate and i think your still bitter but why you got to hate his guts tells me you have the mentality of the St Kilda board, he jumped ship casue the Saints year in year out are perennial LOOSERS, starts at the top, the Saints play in the big league with the mentality of a suburban football club.

How stupid is it that you trade your up and coming ruck man who is still young for early draft picks and to the champion team then tell the world your rebuilding?

Lyon jumped ship casue your got a bunch of morons running the club, he is a professional coach, even your new coach HIGHLY regarded couldn't get you guys moving, the previous coach sack not sack then sack saga says it all, not to mention the way they shafted Thomas.

Looking from the outside its no wonder you only got 1 premiership and that was by a dam fluke, if youd been playing anyone else but the colliwobbles you would have got done like a dinner in 66 my man ( or when ever it was) annnnnnnnnnnnd didnt Jeans go on and become a star for the Hawks? no dam idea, and while were at it moving your training base back to the Junction oval...what a waste of tax payers money, The saints should stay in Seaford there close to the feral Frankston lot where they belong.