Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

The winner this round with 6 correct was myself.

attachicon.gifAFL tipping round 5.jpeg

Seajae making a slight break, but a fairly tight tipping comp so far this year

holy sh*t, I am on top, hahahahahahaha, dennis the menace is doing something right, be buggered.

Come on guys, I know I am not this good at picking winners, you lot must have drank too much over Songkran.......

I am away for a week, We are having a holiday in Cha Am. If I cannot find internet then will not post results until I return home. Good tipping to all.

Enjoy, we were there a few weeks back. Hire yourselves one of these and ride along the beachfront...

attachicon.gifCHa am bicycle.jpg

Was that you who tried to run me down? We were there b/w 5-8 April.thumbsup.gif

Bookman said he was going to knock you off the top of the tipping ladder. We did not know he meant it litterally

If only i had known!

I was March 25ish...

• Like 1

Darren Glass's impact ion Wingard classed as low impact - 1 week.

Again, the MRP doesn't disappoint.

I'd hate to see high impact if that was low!

Wingard was taken to hospital after the game.

Someone gets a week for a love tap (basically for being dumb)

and someone with an ordinary record like Glassy gets the same penalty.

And Fyfe get's 2 weeksblink.png

Having said that, we'll take it every day of the weekbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Evan's needs to pull his finger out and step in on this. Low impact? Jesus wept!

Evan's needs to pull his finger out and step in on this. Low impact? Jesus wept!

Who is on the MRP, Barry Hall, John Worsfold and Dermot Breretonbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Brent Staker's certainly not tongue.png

The MRP's rationale is available on the AFL's website under 'The Verdict'

Thanks for that Mr Smith.

How anyone can watch it and come to the conclusion that Schneider

and Glass both deserve the same penalty week astounds me.

Schneider was dumb, as was Ballantyne but Glass tried to kill Wingard.

I lover our captain but crikey moses.

Also, if Glassy didn't have a bad record, he would've gotten off with a

reprimand. I loved it when the guy from the MRP said about Wingard going

to hospital "the scans showed he only had bruising".

That's ok thenrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Seems that it's the medical report that determines the "impact" grading. Irrespective of Wingard going to hospital, the rationale being that it was done as a precaution due to Port having to "fly" back to Adelaide, pressurisation of the cabin in the aircraft etc etc.

If that's the case, then Bowden et al need to be justifying themselves each week like this to ensure clarity and transparency in the MRP's decision and if Paul Evans isn't happy with their justification he needs to be stepping in and using his discretionary "powers" (like he's some kind of MRP Superhero?) and veto the MRP.

• Like 2

Only 4 from me this week, on a slide at the moment 6, 5, 4 hope next week isn't 3.
Well i'm on the board in the DT.

Dont think the league commissioner will be to happy,but his saints won.

Sorry no smileys,not working for me for ages.

So smiley,smiley,smiley

Only 4 from me this week, on a slide at the moment 6, 5, 4 hope next week isn't 3.
Well i'm on the board in the DT.

Dont think the league commissioner will be to happy,but his saints won.

Sorry no smileys,not working for me for ages.

So smiley,smiley,smiley

yea you beat me by 20 points. Roughhead and Bruest let me down.

ASADA seem to be dragging their feet on the Essendon Saga but are quick to jump on a lone guy who consumed a sports drink.

Former St Kilda forward Ahmed Saad’s footy future in balance with AFL appeals board hearing

AHMED Saad’s AFL future will today be determined with the former St Kilda forward set to face an AFL appeals board.

The Herald Sun can reveal today (Wednesday) is D-Day for Saad, who has been ordered to front the hearing with ASADA wanting his 18-month doping ban boosted to a maximum two-year penalty.

If ASADA succeeds, Saad would be ruled out of the 2015 season and likely be forced into the VFL in 2016, effectively killing his hopes of a second AFL lifeline.

If Saad’s original 18-month suspension stands he will be eligible to be selected in this year’s draft and can play as soon as Round 1 next season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-st-kilda-forward-ahmed-saads-footy-future-in-balance-with-afl-appeals-board-hearing/story-fni5f9q3-1226892692022

Edited by chooka

Don't forget to get the tips in early this week fella's.

A few day games this Friday for ANZAC day.

Good luck to everyone this week. I hope you all pick a 7 this week!

For myself, I am hoping for a 9. tongue.png

So you are tipping the saints then?

Yes of course, I am hoping for 9/9, and I have to pick a top eight team. 9th being close enough.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Yes of course, I am hoping for 9/9, and I have to pick a top eight team. 9th being close enough.

Have I told you I love youlaugh.png

oh BLUDDY ell!!

Buddy Franklin interviewed by police after Rose Bay car crash

Star AFL player Lance "Buddy" Franklin has been interviewed by police after a car crash at Rose Bay on Wednesday night.

Franklin was driving a Jeep belonging to his girlfriend, television presenter and model Jesinta Campbell, when it was involved in a crash on New South Head Road.

Witness Craig McDonald, who lives above the street where the collision occurred, said he called police after hearing a "heavy duty" crash through his window.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/buddy-franklin-interviewed-by-police-after-rose-bay-car-crash-20140423-374o5.html

Edited by BookMan

IN addition....

Kurt Tippet to miss a further week due to a broken rib in his reserves game last week.

Butterfingers Reid back from injury this week? No goals expected from him so a seamless return to his normal form.

Goodes...might return this week against Melbourne....or more disinformation from Sydney.

oh BLUDDY ell!!

Star AFL player Lance "Buddy" Franklin has been interviewed by police after a car crash at Rose Bay on Wednesday night.

Franklin was driving a Jeep belonging to his girlfriend, television presenter and model Jesinta Campbell, when it was involved in a crash on New South Head Road.

Witness Craig McDonald, who lives above the street where the collision occurred, said he called police after hearing a "heavy duty" crash through his window.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/buddy-franklin-interviewed-by-police-after-rose-bay-car-crash-20140423-374o5.html

Cashed up Bogan

• Like 1

oh BLUDDY ell!!

He blew zero on his BAL test. No issues. Social media running with the story before mainstream media, going to be a total blowout.

Sorry gents, but if Buddy so much as does a fart that clears the room, it will be ASIO knocking on his door looking for WMD's...

I looked in my tea leaves just before and they indicated a storm brewing...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

IN addition....

Kurt Tippet to miss a further week due to a broken rib in his reserves game last week.

Butterfingers Reid back from injury this week? No goals expected from him so a seamless return to his normal form.

Goodes...might return this week against Melbourne....or more disinformation from Sydney.

<deleted> Tippett, like a glass slipper at a <deleted> Ball.. Must have been some knee he copped to crack his rib, but then again, given an extra week to come back seems to be more of a precaution then anything else. I mean, why risk it when playing Melbourne.

Makes sense, but still...

Goodes to return this week? Hmm... Buddy's got a better chance of beating his alleged neg driving charge :P

• Like 1

oh BLUDDY ell!!

He blew zero on his BAL test. No issues. Social media running with the story before mainstream media, going to be a total blowout.

Sorry gents, but if Buddy so much as does a fart that clears the room, it will be ASIO knocking on his door looking for WMD's...

He is believed to have been texting, the police have requested his phone records

oh BLUDDY ell!!

He is believed to have been texting, the police have requested his phone records

The guy has a lot of Twitter followers I am sure so he needs to keep the masses up to date.

oh BLUDDY ell!!

Is buddy eating too much meat GS?

Now, do your tea leaves predict a Swans resurgence this season?

We have two easy games then a nasty run of top teams:

Melbourne

Brisbane

Hawthorn

Essendon

Geelong

Gold Coast

Port

Richmond

My tips for this week-

bombers

saints

freo

gc

wce

swans

dogs

hawks

cats

Think the roo's will beat freo but dont want to put added pressure on themsmile.png

I believe I am the same as you Farmerjo.... I hope the Bulldogs dont let me down.... Not sure about Essendon either so that could change