Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Thought the Eagles were in with a chance in the 3rd, had the margin pegged back to 12 points and looked solid.

Then bang bang bang, it was game over.

I didn't see the game but listened to most of it.

I think Simpsons got them playing pretty well but

we just lack class and polish in the midfield.

I think Syd and Freo look the best 2 sides at the

minute but there's still a couple of months to go.

This weeks winner is Farmerjo with 8/9. This 2 weeks in a row. Congratulations. Will27 is still leading but only by 3 now.

attachicon.gifAAA AFL Tipping Competition Thailand Mob Rd 16.jpeg

Only 3 now you say? w00t.gif \

Chooka is where?

I'm the guy tapping on your window asking if you can give me those 2 cheezels I dropped down the back of your couch.

• Like 2

I think the Swans can finish in the top 2. Hawthorn may end up 4th or 5th. Their injuries (as chooka stated) will cause problems. Port have lost three of their last 4 games.

My roughie to make the 8 and to cause problems for higher ranked teams on the ladder is Adelaide.

• Like 1

I worry about GC now with Ablett, McKenzie and Dixon all going

down on the weekend.

Look at these fitty fitty games this weekend: Ade/Hawks, WB/GC,

Brissie/WCE. Rich/Port and Ess/Collw00t.gif

BTW, I could've taken the easy way out and stuck with the Swans,

but no, I wanted to give you guys behind me a glimmer of hope.

It's just what I do. I'm a man of the peoplebiggrin.png

So, you will be taking three underdogs this week?

I worry about GC now with Ablett, McKenzie and Dixon all going

down on the weekend.

Look at these fitty fitty games this weekend: Ade/Hawks, WB/GC,

Brissie/WCE. Rich/Port and Ess/Collw00t.gif

BTW, I could've taken the easy way out and stuck with the Swans,

but no, I wanted to give you guys behind me a glimmer of hope.

It's just what I do. I'm a man of the peoplebiggrin.png

So, you will be taking three underdogs this week?

Not sure BookMan. Like Mr Smith, I tend to like Ade this week so I guess

that's one. The others I mentioned are just about a toss of the coin methinks.

• Like 1

Former Brisbane champion Jonathan Brown says AFL must act on Hawk Brian Lake’s meltdown against North Melbourne

Brown thinks Lake should get a month.......hard to argue I think.

Could be his last year as well.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/former-brisbane-champion-jonathan-brown-says-afl-must-act-on-hawk-brian-lakes-meltdown-against-north-melbourne/story-fniv69od-1226978828247

Edited by Will27

Former Brisbane champion Jonathan Brown says AFL must act on Hawk Brian Lake’s meltdown against North Melbourne

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/former-brisbane-champion-jonathan-brown-says-afl-must-act-on-hawk-brian-lakes-meltdown-against-north-melbourne/story-fniv69od-1226978828247

Lake's been referred straight to the tribunal - so their holiday is officially over :P

Kennedy will get a week with an early guilty plea? 3 if he didn't have such a clean record, I thought he was suspended earlier this year? Must be thinking of someone else. I would've thought that would've gone straight to the Tribunal.

Oh well, it wouldn't be the MRP if there weren't the odd surprise every now and then :P

• Like 1

Lake's been referred straight to the tribunal - so their holiday is officially over tongue.png

Kennedy will get a week with an early guilty plea? 3 if he didn't have such a clean record, I thought he was suspended earlier this year? Must be thinking of someone else. I would've thought that would've gone straight to the Tribunal.

Oh well, it wouldn't be the MRP if there weren't the odd surprise every now and then tongue.png

NORTH Melbourne will challenge Drew Petrie's misconduct charge for making unreasonable and unnecessary contact to Hawthorn defender Brian Lake's face, Roos coach Brad Scott has confirmed"

What the H.e.ll??

Why was Petrie cited? Has the MRP totally lost the plot??

To be fair BM, Petrie's fingers are all over Lake's face (so to speak), also alleged 'facial lacerations' were visible on Lake's face.

Now there's apparently some 'players code' that North like to hide behind, along the lines of 'what happens on the field, stays on the field'. Last weeks Rockcliff incident case in point.

Nothing wrong with that, but when you can't hide behind it, you suffer the consequences, Petrie's citation comes from the same incident involving Lake.

Not sure how North can argue their way out of this one without breaking the code. Petrie not in control of his actions at the time? Possible, but that implies Lake, thus breaking the code.

Tough call to make as far as North are concerned.

Suspend both of them for a spell, doesn't bother me :P

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To be fair BM, Petrie's fingers are all over Lake's face (so to speak), also alleged 'facial lacerations' were visible on Lake's face.

Now there's apparently some 'players code' that North like to hide behind, along the lines of 'what happens on the field, stays on the field'. Last weeks Rockcliff incident case in point.

Nothing wrong with that, but when you can't hide behind it, you suffer the consequences, Petrie's citation comes from the same incident involving Lake.

Not sure how North can argue their way out of this one without breaking the code. Petrie not in control of his actions at the time? Possible, but that implies Lake, thus breaking the code.

Tough call to make as far as North are concerned.

Suspend both of them for a spell, doesn't bother me :P

Further reading sees that Petrie can accept a reprimand for this, WHY THE <deleted> is Scott challenging this?

All of the stuff on last nights footy shows

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/recap-what-you-missed-on-the-monday-night-footy-tv-smorgasbord-gary-ablett-and-brian-lake-main-topics/story-e6frg1xu-1226981077467

Interestingly, Carey and Derm reckon Lake will get a finew00t.gif

Lingy thinks a week and then others between 4 to 6, so it's

really divided.

IMO, I think he will get between 3 to 5 and I reckon he deserves 4.

“He (Petrie) couldn’t see, he couldn’t breathe and he couldn’t talk, so I’m not sure what else he was meant to do.”

I think the call's been madebiggrin.png

Personally, I think if you're being choked to that extent, you should

be able to do anything to get him off you.

I agree. You are a sage man KhunWill

That was my point before, at the ridiculousness of the AFL charging Petrie. They should have left that one alone

• Like 2

Cindarella having a bit of a rest while the going's good..

http://afl.com.au/news/2014-07-08/tippetts-knee-woes-continue

This knee seems to be causing all sorts of issues!

We have had the Billion dollar forward line together for 3 games? 4 games?

Tippet is a key for flag aspirations this year..and next,..and maybe the one after that , if he hangs around tongue.png

Edited by BookMan

Cindarella having a bit of a rest while the going's good..

http://afl.com.au/news/2014-07-08/tippetts-knee-woes-continue

This knee seems to be causing all sorts of issues!

We have had the Billion dollar forward line together for 3 games? 4 games?

Tippet is a key for flag aspirations this year..and next,..and maybe the one after that , if he hangs around tongue.png

I reckon the Moore Park brains trust is taking precautions, no use in blowing his knee out against Carlton. Personally I'd much rather see Cinderella playing finals and 'fully fit' as opposed to being sidelined because he bunged his knee in a marking contest against a team that's not going to figure in September.

Free footy on your phone - with a 'greedy' catch.

The AFL has been accused of trashing its own brand by striking a deal with gaming giant Tabcorp that involves live-streaming of games in return for betting.

Anti-gambling campaigner Tim Costello says he's disturbed by the reported deal, which he fears will lure children into gambling.

Under the new arrangement, footy fans can watch live games on their mobile phones for free - but only if they place at least $100 worth of bets over 30 days.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-breakfast-blog/free-footy-on-your-phone--with-a-greedy-catch/20140709-3bm42.html

• Like 1