State officials to get 3.7 billion baht bonus

webfact

for not doing their jobs....

why do we even bother to pay 1900 baht for a visa scam ?

Most likely, if "we" don't pay, "we"don't stay.

I'm not a Thai citizen.

I'm not a Thai government official.

I don't determine or presume what is a scam or not.

I don't presume to know who does what job or how well they do it

I'm not in the lane that receives "free" government money

I'm not in the lane that pays out "free" government money

I'm not anchored to Thailand

I have the freedom to make choices as to which country I pay, to stay and play

In all probability, some life forms will pass away . Some will pass at peace with themselves and some not.

In all probability, the sun will come up tomorrow. Some life forms will see the light and some will not.

I'm not in charge and i know there is a supreme power and it's not me!

Easy Does It

Bonusses corrupt people to look at short time results only. This very often is in conflict with longterm success. The recent international crises was for a large part created by grabbing bankers and company managers, making decisions to get shortterm success and bonusses.

I don't know of any country where civil servants get bonusses.

According to Mr. Manas, the bonus from 2012 fiscal year in total of 3.7 billion baht from the ministries′ budget and the CGD will be paid to governmental officials in 287 organisations.

That would be the bonus for the fiscal year ending on 30 September 2012, I presume. Or is it for the fiscal year ending on 30 September 2013? Does anybody know?

I would have thought this illegal. How can Kittirat authorize this expenditure now as nobody is allowed to do so without parliamentary approval and also whilst acting as a caretaker Government. They are now in a position where theycannot take action loke this as they are simply holding the position for the next incumbant.

Bonus payments are an annual event. The police bonus is due this month. It may be selective editing that is leading readers to believe this is an incentive payment for future services, I have tried without success to find a reference to previous bonuses. I wanted to ascertain if this was a 'one off' and if not, is it an increase on previous bonuses. It is always worth while trying to get perspective before making assumptions in an environment of political uncertainty, especially with a media that is often the conduit for bias in one form or other.

Edited by chrisrazz

Aint it wonderful.

They haven't got enough money to pay the farmers for their rice but the have enough to pay "State officials" to try and keep them onside.

And they claim that the Dems ignore the poor in favor of the elite.

But they were elected democratically so they have the mandate to do anything they want whether the law allows it or whether it is moral or ethical!!

This story really pisses me off. If these politicians need money, they need to earn it the good old fashioned

Thai way, by corruption. It seems a bit silly for them to have their standard corruption money, and then be

awarded money from the government of top of that. That would be double dipping........ :-)

Any this makes no sense anyway. These bonuses cannot be performance based, given the mind boggling

poor performance of the current government. Maybe there could be a clawback from last year's bonuses ??

From what I understand the bonuses are not for the polititans - so your rant is off line and it appears your name does not fit your posts. A suggestion would be TunnelVision rather than Eyes Wide Open giggle.gif