Good tv series

beechbum

On 01/03/2017 at 6:32 PM, SooKee said:

Just finished Sneaky Pete, excellent!!!  An Amazon Original, not checked to see if it's available outside of Prime Video:  "A con man on the run from a vicious gangster takes cover by assuming the identity of his prison cellmate, Pete, reuniting with his estranged family, that threatens to drag him into a world just as dangerous as the one he's escaping."

I watched it as well. 

It went from funny to dull and way too complex to enjoy while doing something else.

After all it was a nice, cute and well expected stroy at the way before the end.

Quite enjoying SS-GB.  Baffles me though why the scriptwriters assign the ranks they do to military and, especially, police personnel characters.  It's almost like, ah, this guy is good so he must have the highest rank.  Problem is, what they don't seem to understand is what actual role people of those ranks would perform on a day-to-day basis in their respective organisations in reality, instead having characters performing duties that would normally be performed by personnel 3-4 ranks below them.  General's and Field Marshals trotting round doing the work of captains and majors, chief superintendents doing the job of sergeants.  I find it happens more with US TV series especially when portraying British organisations.  They need some better advisors on the accuracy front at times.

What I find gets more annoying at times is the lack of consistency.  The lead character in SS-GB went from being a chief superintendent, to inspector and then to superintendent all within the first 20 minutes.  Just seems like needlessly sloppy scriptwriting.  Sorry, what rank is he again??

Started to watch Patriot but not really managed to get into it yet, maybe I'll try again sometime.  The lead and main supporting characters seem intent on bursting into song every 20 minutes, it's like a bleedin' musical!

Also enjoying Billions at the moment and plan to give Goliath a look too.

On 10/03/2017 at 4:08 PM, steve2112 said:

imposters is quite entertaining, and all the chicago shows are ok, fire, pd and justice

Imposters is good. 

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

What is ABP?

should be APB, stars JUstin KIrk the BIL of nancy Botwin ( Mary -Louise Parker) from ''Weeds" now that was a good show.

at the moment I'm watching The Bureau, the team, outcasts, time after time, six, bellevue, ( not sure about this one), the replacement, 24 Legacy and of course billions and homeland

Edited by steve187

On 11/01/2017 at 2:01 PM, steve2112 said:

30 degrees in febuary is a swedish tv show about a bunch of swedish people who have found their way to our little part of paradise. just watched ep1 and it was ok, i loved the swedish guy meets a bangla bar girl on the internet, gets off the plane, goes straight to the bar and, well you have to watch

Just heard about this series today and I just watched the first episode. I like it, though some of the plot situations seem a bit clichéd it's nice to hear Thai being spoken and see some bits I recognise i.e. BKK airport (though as the show progresses no doubt I won't recognise anywhere as I've yet to visit Phuket and the south of Thailand). Nice programme for me as I'm having withdrawal symptoms having returned from my last LOS holiday 5 weeks ago.

I'll be binge watching both seasons of this show this week now. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, penco said:

Just heard about this series today and I just watched the first episode. I like it, though some of the plot situations seem a bit clichéd it's nice to hear Thai being spoken and see some bits I recognise i.e. BKK airport (though as the show progresses no doubt I won't recognise anywhere as I've yet to visit Phuket and the south of Thailand). Nice programme for me as I'm having withdrawal symptoms having returned from my last LOS holiday 5 weeks ago.

I'll be binge watching both seasons of this show this week now. :)

Even for many of us living on Phuket it's a bit hard to follow locations. One minute they're on an island accessible only by boat, the next they walk over a hill and end up in Patong. You have to remind yourself that it's only a TV show using the best locations for each scene, not actually following reality.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nearly finished Billions s2- its excellent and shows that politics is just as corrupt as the world of finance. Line of Duty and Prime Suspect 1973 are worth a watch as well.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

nearly finished Billions s2- its excellent and shows that politics is just as corrupt as the world of finance. Line of Duty and Prime Suspect 1973 are worth a watch as well.

finished it and wondering if they'll be an S3, maybe maybe not type ending, great show.

4 hours ago, beechbum said:

finished it and wondering if they'll be an S3, maybe maybe not type ending, great show.

According to Wiki-  on March 8, 2017, Showtime renewed the series for a third season.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-18 at 6:22 PM, GiantFan said:

Watching Brockmire, with Hank Azaria.  Baseball announcer that goes off the rails.  Also, shots fired.

Brockmire has impressive start :) 

10 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

AND his mate 'Gypsy Dave' lives in Roi Et!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he really?

A brilliant comment from Gypsy in an interview:

“I wrote memories of what I could remember of stories we lived through together to remind him of some of them”

http://donovan-catch-the-wind.blogspot.com/2010/03/gypsy-dave-interview.html

• Like 1