Thai PM calls for peaceful end to political crisis

Lite Beer

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think She is playing exactly the hand shes advised to, I also think that whatever people like to think about the Shins they are not stupid and are very well educated compared to a lot of the handmedown ammarts the contrast is striking. This is how politics is really done.

Say what you like but Suthep has been both frustrated and out manoeuvred at every turn and continues to be. This lot are rank amateurs, when it comes to politics, having an eye and brain for business is a distinct advantage, only one group has that and international advise and experience. Even though the funding for the mob is massive in both backup and cash smart is the balancer,

Another call for peace and continued restraint on the PMs side very smart wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

She is garnering more and more respect internationally than i think some here realise, you can spit all you like but this is not a stupid led or advised party. Interesting and more turbulent times ahead

Hard to believe that just two days ago, on another thread, you claimed that you supported neither the reds or the yellows, that you supported democracy. (don't fret, I knew it was bs)

What the hell happened to you since then ?

Watch out, your red petticoat is showing ! clap2.gif

Edited by mikemac

Flogging a dead horse. Suthep is all in on his plan. With no Democrats registered in the elections they

cannot win seats. There only way forward is to get Yingluck to resign and have himself anointed Supreme Leader.

Things can only get more violent as Suthep seeks that goal. coffee1.gif

I cringe when this idiot of a puppet uses the word "reconciliation". It's just another word for bringing big brother back. Doesn't matter how many votes you win, you're not there working for the people, you're just there to enrich your family and whitewash your brother's crimes. bah.gif

Thailand is a democracy if you do not like it try not to slam the door

Thailand is most certainly not a democracy. Plutocracy, autocracy, kleptocracy, yes. Get your dictionary out coffee1.gif

The 2 faced lieing crab woman is the reason for the political turmoil, her and her dictatorial puppet master. If you really want a peaceful end then Shin's leave politics - simple ! You, the fugitive, your sister, your cousin, your nephew - all of you take your parasitic claws out of the country and give it a chance to recover from your reign of plunder.

• Like 1

Flogging a dead horse. Suthep is all in on his plan. With no Democrats registered in the elections they

cannot win seats. There only way forward is to get Yingluck to resign and have himself anointed Supreme Leader.

t Things can only get more violenas Suthep seeks that goal. coffee1.gif

................................................."and have himself anointed Supreme Leader.".................................................."Things can only get more violent"................................................................

I"m sorry, are you talking about Thaksin ?

Have you noticed how much trouble Yingluck & Co. have gone to in order to wash all Thaksin's sins away and return him to power ?

Remember how violent things got in 2010 when he orchestrated those disastrous events in Bangkok ?

Your writing style, or lack of it, is remarkably similar to a lot of the other mindless red flag wavers that infest this forum...........Coincidence ? whistling.gif

• Like 1

The 2 faced lieing crab woman is the reason for the political turmoil, her and her dictatorial puppet master. If you really want a peaceful end then Shin's leave politics - simple ! You, the fugitive, your sister, your cousin, your nephew - all of you take your parasitic claws out of the country and give it a chance to recover from your reign of plunder.

cheesy.gif I thought this was generally an over 18 forum.

''The government rejected the plea, saying a delay would only bring more violence.''

That sounds like a threat to me. Because the government will keep trying to kill protestors with their 'mysterious third hand' militia. If the Shin's leave and there is a promise of serious reform before elections then the protestors will go home, but they will come back if people try to pull the same crap that PT did before.

cheesy.gif I thought this was generally an over 18 forum.

Uh, if that is physical age then you are welcome, if it is mental age then you smutcakes are obviously way under qualified...cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I think She is playing exactly the hand shes advised to, I also think that whatever people like to think about the Shins they are not stupid and are very well educated compared to a lot of the handmedown ammarts the contrast is striking.

Do you have an example of these less educated handmedown ammart to compare the Shins with?

Very well educated doesn't mean that they are honest, sincere, capable or pleasant. Not at all.

• Like 2

Supposing TS and his clan did retire, and lets just say 'Suthep' although it could be any of the old guard's parties are voted into power and a particular group, much like the current anti Government protesters take a dislike to this person for whatever reason and come out to 'claim' Bangkok like currently, what happens then?

Do you not think large scale protests (lets say 200K) resulting in the PM stepping down is a rather dangerous precedent to set? New party comes in, lets say Red Shirts dont like, then we have 500K protesters on the street? what then?The precedent has been set that this is what you need to do, how many people need to show up etc. Much the same way as the mass and prolonged demonstrations by the PAD set the guideline for the Red shirts to follow a few years later. It works for one party, so why not everyone else do the same thing.

Not really apples for apples is it? The PAD/Yellow shirts (whatever) came out to protest against the abuse of power of Taksin and his ensuing family proxies. On the other hand, the Taksin constructed Red shirts were nowhere to be seen, either when Taksin was booted out in 2006 or rallying in Bangkok about the injustice of their having been ignored for decades. If their sugar daddy and his family were to disappear, taking their sweeties with them, the Red shirts would be no more.

All of them, from either side, need to actually sit down and formulate intelligent, non knee jerk plans to form new agendas and subsequent parties, before this country has a cat's chance in hell of becoming anything like a democracy.

• Like 1

I think She is playing exactly the hand shes advised to, I also think that whatever people like to think about the Shins they are not stupid and are very well educated compared to a lot of the handmedown ammarts the contrast is striking.

Do you have an example of these less educated handmedown ammart to compare the Shins with?

My opinion based on the feudal system in Thailand the impact made and the rapid change in power demographics that the Shin business model had on Thailand. Love it or hate it it changed the country in a few years and took the ammart by surprise. International business use of outside policy and knowledge completely rewrote the way popularity and politics could be done.

In contrast with the ammart an education in the US or UK with a piece of paper impressed, after Thaksin you had to deliver as well. Education isnt just about a degree it is knowledge and business acumen. Thaksin treated Thailand like a business. and for some time and not in a minor way put Thailand back on the map. Right or wrong it worked.... for a time

Actually, I was seeking specific examples of specific amart members' educational backgrounds versus specific Shin members, but a straight answer to that is just wishful thinking apparently.

The same guy runs a company producing scented candles for export to foreign countries, including Australia, USA, Canada, EU, UK ( as well as selling them and related products in Hi-So malls in bangkok. IE, the same guy who uses the pronoun for animals to refer to foreigners. He has closed his facebook page now and possibly regrets his comments, maybe not. In any event, I would like to see him insert one of his candles, preferably sideways, where the sun don't shine

he obviously isn't educated enough to know that what is/was on the internets, stays on the internets... forever and ever! ;)

Civilized countries don't have a legal system doing the bidding of the military or anti-Shin elites for bribes.

Civilied countries don't remove democraticly elected governments (TS's in 2006).

The military should apologize to TS & arrange for him to return to his rightful position of being PM in LOS.

Thaksin has not been PM of Thailand since he handed his resignation (accepted) to the King in 2006, before the coup. That is not an opinion, it is a historical fact.

April 5 (Bloomberg) -- Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said he will step down as premier after his declared victory in a weekend election failed to resolve a political standoff that crippled his government.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=atKOkbTLyoeo

• Like 1

"You want to return and convicted criminal, presumably whitewashing his conviction and nullifying outstanding charges, into a position that he resigned from, took back illegally, and had to be removed from?"

"Why do you think the Yingluck government's attempted whitewash amnesty bill caused so much conflict? (Clue, it has to do with the person you think is the rightful PM)."

TS is the Robin Hood of Siam.

Robin Hood was a righteous so-called "criminal".

The corrupt wicked legal systems of their times found them guilty of criminal wrong doing.

So what? This is something they both wear as a badge of honor!

TS has been leading Thailand the last few years through his sister YLS. Righteously so.

But carry on with the shallow remarks, calling Robin Hood a "criminal".

I will henceforth refer to him by his real name! Robin Hood.

I am assuming that post was supposed to be sarcastic ?

Except Robin Hood robbed from the rich to give to the poor, he didn't rob from the rich to keep a large chunk of it for himself and give a little bit to his cheerleaders to try and keep them onside...

Robin Hood did what he thought was moral and fought immorality. He was also dirt poor. Thaksin is filthy stinking rich and doesn't know the meaning of the word morality.

Edited by tingtongteesood

Taksin was booted out in 2006 or rallying in Bangkok about the injustice of their having been ignored for decades. If their sugar daddy and his family were to disappear, taking their sweeties with them, the Red shirts would be no more.

Have you been drinking Suthep's cool aid?

The Red shirt party would simply get another "sugar daddy" leader who may or may not be as good a "Robin Hood" as the Shins.

It would appear to me that education is utterly wasted without the ability to see both sides of an argument and then employ analytical skills to form an opinion. Education does not imply intelligence or ability when it viewed purely as education. It only proves the ability to learn, anyone with an education that thinks by dint of the piece of paper they know better than another with experience is proof that education is wasted on them. The day I stop learning is the day I die.

• Like 2

Havent heard a word from her for about a week now and suddenly we have a headline that she has quotes some useless dribble on Facebook. Who gives a toss ! She is the Prime Minister and should make comments on television and radio with the press present. That way everybody can hear what she has to say. At this present time her words must be heard by the whole nation.

• Like 1

Except Robin Hood robbed from the rich to give to the poor, he didn't rob from the rich to keep a large chunk of it for himself and give a little bit to his cheerleaders to try and keep them onside...

Robin Hood did what he thought was moral and fought immorality. He was also dirt poor. Thaksin is filthy stinking rich and doesn't know the meaning of the word morality.

TS - RH has been taking from the wealthy middle class BKKians to give to the pitifully poor.

Now the middle class BKKians who don't like this are trying to stop it by shutting down their own city and busineses, i.e. shooting themselves in the feet! Bright move.

I guess im saying the ammart have to modernise and step up their game, which includes far more than they have been willing to give to before. In that it is good for many reasons.

Abject nonsense. As expected from you. One sided argument.

How about red shirt villages and considerable amount of brainwashed population who is stuck in the Khmer Rouge frame of mind? Those guys see everything black and white. From political point of view, those guys are still in 70's. Don't you think they should be educated first?

What has this got to do with the price of fish ?

well just go away along with rest of your evil clan hardly wanting peace when they put up all clan members as MP's in party list and stuff every important post with their own family members and cronies

I just hope whole rotten evil lot would sink into slime they came from

Wow, that was a really constructive and useful comment.

Let's see, Puea Thai won the last elections, meaning that most Thais still wanted this government.

Just because a minority who has lost elections for the past 23 years, well before Thaksin ever came to power, wants to overthrow an elected government, doesn't mean that the whole country has to follow it.

My suggestion, go to the polls if you want to change something. It's what grown ups in civilized countries do.

you still don't get it do you? They paid out millions to people who will hardly see the lights of such high daily income and or threatened the villagers!!

well just go away along with rest of your evil clan hardly wanting peace when they put up all clan members as MP's in party list and stuff every important post with their own family members and cronies

I just hope whole rotten evil lot would sink into slime they came from

Wow, that was a really constructive and useful comment.

Let's see, Puea Thai won the last elections, meaning that most Thais still wanted this government.

Just because a minority who has lost elections for the past 23 years, well before Thaksin ever came to power, wants to overthrow an elected government, doesn't mean that the whole country has to follow it.

My suggestion, go to the polls if you want to change something. It's what grown ups in civilized countries do.

In grown up civilized countries, political parties are not openly controlled by a convicted criminal fugitive and his close family,

Really? The American Bushes come to mind, having been in control of arguably the most powerful country in the world....so 100,000 dead Iraqi civilians do not count as evidence, and Bush was found guilty of war crimes by more than one country. Wow, you have a rusted scale that can't measure anymore!

whistling.gif alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609>

And you fail to mention is that many many folks ultimately see the bush clan very negatively, which big picture kills your argument in it's tracks.

TS - RH has been taking from the wealthy middle class BKKians to give to the pitifully poor.

Now the middle class BKKians who don't like this are trying to stop it by shutting down their own city and busineses, i.e. shooting themselves in the feet! Bright move.

Oh my God! who the hell has been telling these utter lies ? well google the truth, all proof documents on the net!

Yeah Bangkok is hurting from the protests but it will survive. After all, if it survived the reds trying to burn it down, it can survive anything. The sacrifice made will be worth it once the Shinawatras are thrown out with the rest of the garbage.

Another drunk on Suthep cool aid.

Throw out the Shins & there are 1000 clones waiting to replace them, while the TS clan continues to run the country from LOS & offshore.

Have another coup & millions of reds come & burn down the capital. Suthep should go back to grade school & learn what real "people's power" is.

You've already lost & you don't know it. The Shins win.