Gunman spray bullets into protesters near Thai Democrat office

webfact

How incredibly lucky... almost unbelievably lucky

Your incessant and blinkered cynicism does you little no credit. coffee1.gif

No one can know for sure who was behind this violence, and whoever it was deserves outright condemnation

All he said was people were lucky no one got hurt, what exactly were you hoping for, deaths?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this Setsiri Road?

Not far from Phaythai bTS

Address: Prachatipat (Democratic Party), 67 Thanon Setsiri, Samsen Nai, Phyathai. 10400, Bangkok 10300, Thailand (Office). Telephone: (2) 278-4042 (Office).

Thanks, finally found it on my map. The Samsen Nai was the key. Its closest to Ari BTS I think. Also looks closer to Dusit district than Phayathai and Phayathai road is called PHaholyothin up there, but who knows. I live along Phayathai Road in front of Phayathai BTS, but they call us Ratchatewi instead. I like how that address has two postal codes, 55.

Edited by taony

Having read the exiteable description from The Nation of gunmen spraying anti government protesters with bullets, a read of the other paper reveal a more prosaic account, as does a dems member, Tankhun Jitt-issara who told a local radio station that it was politically motivated but was more scare tactics than life threatening.

And unless the protesters allegedly camping on the sidewalk in front of the coffee bar that was hit (if there were any, no mention of camping out protesters in the Post) were extraordinarily tall and jumping up and down at the time there wasn't much chance of being hit. They have photos on the other site of the eight 9mm bullet holes in the window.

• Like 1

Police said it might be the work of ill-intention people wanting to incite violence.

If someone sprays a coffee-shop with bullets...is that not violence, yet?!

Sounds to me that someone is trying to force a coup.

The only ones benefiting from a coup is PT because it will end something they have started. If there is a coup, PT and Thaksin can blame the bad army again. This time around there will be no coup and all eyes are on the caretaker PM.

Edited by Nickymaster

I don't believe it was anti-protesters if nobody was hit. Just another scam to make the "other" side look bad.

Either iether glad noone was hurt.

I've been watching the Thai PBS HD station for a couple of hours now and never saw this incident.

/Sarcasm on/

Like this one?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696254-thai-army-slams-red-shirt-activists-abduction-threat/

/Sarcasm off/

Edited by FritsSikkink

Having read the exiteable description from The Nation of gunmen spraying anti government protesters with bullets, a read of the other paper reveal a more prosaic account, as does a dems member, Tankhun Jitt-issara who told a local radio station that it was politically motivated but was more scare tactics than life threatening.

And unless the protesters allegedly camping on the sidewalk in front of the coffee bar that was hit (if there were any, no mention of camping out protesters in the Post) were extraordinarily tall and jumping up and down at the time there wasn't much chance of being hit. They have photos on the other site of the eight 9mm bullet holes in the window.

The depths that you will resort to in order to seek excuses for violence against people are really quite sick

• Like 2

The depths that you will resort to in order to seek excuses for violence against people are really quite sick

Not seeking excuses, just willing to access more than one source of information. You should try it.

• Like 1

"Police said it might be the work of ill-intention people wanting to incite violence." Top notch detective work, as usual.

Even the guards are better: "which protester guards said was politically motivated"...that is one step ahead

Shots fired but no one hit? It doesn't take a genius to work out who was behind this. Expect to see more of these stunts as the week goes on.

Sometimes people just want to intimidate, not actually kill those they have a conflict with, but since it is so obvious to you who was behind, perhaps you can provide your info/evidence to the police/DSI Sherlock? biggrin.png

Edited by monkeycountry

Sounds like something Suthep would do to incite fear in the citizens in an attempt to win them over to his side. As an outsider I have no allegiance to either side but the longer Suthep is leading the charge, the worse its going to get. The guy is time bomb just waiting to go off.

• Like 1

Cowards. Shoot into a crowd of peaceful protesters. Pure cowardice.

To 'spray' bullets into a crowd and not hit anyone I reckon they were blanks.

DOH! Blanks don't have projectiles, so what caused the holes? Glass termites perhaps?

• Like 1

DOH! Blanks don't have projectiles, so what caused the holes? Glass termites perhaps?

Terrible those glass termites. Spread in no timebiggrin.png

Didn't see the bit about holes and glass. Just saw the bit about shooting into a crowd.

Sounds like something Suthep would do to incite fear in the citizens in an attempt to win them over to his side. As an outsider I have no allegiance to either side but the longer Suthep is leading the charge, the worse its going to get. The guy is time bomb just waiting to go off.

Yes, of course!; because nothing encourages people more to leave their homes and join a protest than knowing that they may be shot at for doing so. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I must admit the way we seem to react in Thaivisa about the things that are going on in our "guest" country, most of us are, as they called it long time ago, gone native,

We choose sides, red or yellow, and throw things around to each other that seem to me nearly like the people of Thailand are now doing.

I always presumed, being inhabitants of countries with a longer history of democracy, we grew above the use of incitements and throwing abuse at each other.

I was mistaken.

• Like 1

People bitch and moan about Suthep and the SHUTDOWN! But very little is said about these idiots stirring up the violence. I also notice that the PTP is not saying anything either. He (the shooter) must be getting his orders and payment from the desert far far away. Unbelievable how this level of terrorist behavior is tolerated but if the "yellows" ever did this, authorities would be out in mass hunting them down. IMHO!

I must admit the way we seem to react in Thaivisa about the things that are going on in our "guest" country, most of us are, as they called it long time ago, gone native,

We choose sides, red or yellow, and throw things around to each other that seem to me nearly like the people of Thailand are now doing.

I always presumed, being inhabitants of countries with a longer history of democracy, we grew above the use of incitements and throwing abuse at each other.

I was mistaken.

Kudos for you.

Too few respect for the others opinion, too much bullying and insulting.

I would like to give more contributes and opinions but I refrain myself to do it to avoid being attacked and bullied from the guys who knows it all.

Sad to note that hundred years of democracy and of civics development then are thrown away this way.

Shots fired but no one hit? It doesn't take a genius to work out who was behind this. Expect to see more of these stunts as the week goes on.

I agree, is there no end to how low suthep will stoop? I mean having someone firing into a crowd of his own protestors just to try and incite violence, this scumbag must be stopped at all costs thumbsup.gif

Sit back and relax, let the Thai's sort it out in their own inimitable way...after all, it is THEIR country.

Why are you here for????? Please return to your home country! WE DON'T NEED YOU HERE. YOU ARE USELESS!

Thanks for all those who are concerned with the situation. You are all most welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1

The newspaper doesn't explain if it was an automatic weapon "spraying" bullets in to a cluster of human beings. Hard to understand how a "spray" of bullets in to a cluster of people can not cause injuring and/or killing. How does the newspaper define "spraying bullets?"

it would be fairly easy to shoot out a few windows without killing anyone if it was a publicity stunt to provoke

a reaction

just aim higher than 6 foot and your probably not going to hit any thais even if theyre standing up :D

From the usual poorly documented and even poorer scripted report it is made to appear that a fully automatic weapon was used as semi autos can not "spray bullets". A fully auto weapon can discharge " a dozen of bullets" in a 3 or 4 second burst.

The beaten zone fir such a short burst would not be extensive so it is entirely possible to have no injuries.

However, with the vehicle identified then where were the infamous Thai police . Surely as it was a protest site ther should have been ample police in support.