Malaysia ramps up effort to draw in Thai tourists fed up with politics at home

webfact

Who knows how stable Malaysia will be in the not too distant future.

One Malaysian State has already decided to have the Weekend on Friday and Saturday for Religious reasons.

A bunch of Muslims also want to ban anyone who is NOT Muslim form speaking the name, Allah. They confiscated a batch of Bibles a couple of weeks ago because they apparently mention Allah. I'm not a devout Christian but this all seems like the start of something in Malaysia that could turn very nasty.

• Like 1

I doubt it will make much of a difference, but every little kick up the a$$ for Thailand to sort out longstanding tourist related scams and safety issues etc. can't be a bad thing. The TAT need to realise that if their product isn't right, people will take their business elsewhere.

Agree, will not make much difference. I would say a good 50% of people if not more come here for whats not on offer elsewhere...I wonder what that might be thumbsup.gif?

What LOS lacks are the gorgeous Vietnam, PRC, PI, Indo, etc, ladies available in SG & KL.

Malaysia/Singapore the hub of good times. I don,t think so ,having been there many times, I,m always glad to come back to Thailand.

You said it how it is. Malaysia and Singapore have not got the girls and cheap living that's what we all here for...Don't let anyone tell you there here for the weather and food etc rubbish

Geylang in Singapore can be quite cheap for everything.

KL is about on par with BKK. KL hotels often come with special service MP's.

Both have types of girls LOS doesn't have.

Malaysia/Singapore the hub of good times. I don,t think so ,having been there many times, I,m always glad to come back to Thailand.

You said it how it is. Malaysia and Singapore have not got the girls and cheap living that's what we all here for...Don't let anyone tell you there here for the weather and food etc rubbish

Hate to burst your bubble but many of us are not here for those things, cheaper living costs help but the climate is an absolute must, as is tax freedom! It also helps that I live in an area that supplies garden produce to many parts of the Western world, most of the food I eat is is truly fresh rather than being transshipped, warehoused, trucked, frozen, trucked, thawed and so on. So, trade those things for girls, naw, not a chance.

Both HKG & SG have more income tax freedom for foreign income than LOS.

If i stayed in Siam 12 months a year i'd have a substantial increase in payments owed.

Malaysia? I don't know about taxes, but it seems about as cheap as Thailand.

Edited by oldthaihand99

Geylang is the only "official" red~light district in Singapore and things there there can be quite cheap for somethings but not everything.

Sent from my i-mobile IQX Bliz using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Malaysia are very dangerous country to visit daily crimes from tourist scam, bad taxi driver, snatch bag, robbery which need volunteer to control as police cannot control crimes . Read some news in google to get more infromation

Sounds exactly like LOS! Though i would edit out "very dangerous" & replace it with occasionally dangerous re petty crimes. Stuff happens in the USA too. If you want to go somewhere that is extremely safe, try Singapore.

• Like 2

Geylang is the only "official" red~light district in Singapore and things there there can be quite cheap for somethings but not everything.

Geylang has cheap hotels, girls, food. Bacardi breezer around a dollar or two more than in BKK 7-11's. Fruit cheaper than Foodland on soi 5, BKK.

Geylang has cheap hotels, girls, food. Bacardi breezer around a dollar or two more than in BKK 7-11's. Fruit cheaper than Foodland on soi 5, BKK.

Cheap Hotels~Checked.

Girls~Checked(Mostly foreigners from PRCs,Viets,Indons and Thais)

Food~Not necessarily depending on which place u go to.

Bacardi Breezer~Will be cheaper in BKK.

Fruits~Price vary from stalls to stalls.

Plus point is u can walk day all night feeling safe and secure...

Malaysia is very nice. Much more organized, but also a bit more expensive than Thailand. Malaysia seems to have a grwing professional middle class, too. I like the way they follow traffic rules.

Have been to malaysia many times. Cant think of a single time anybody was rude, aggressive, hostile, contemptuous and can think only once or twice when i was slightly over charged in a tourist area.

Thailand stands out within the region for its frequently unpleasant behaviour and attitude. I visit thailand despite the people, as i still like the feel of the country in general a d i have many foreign friends. I dont know how thais became the ugly culture of asia but they need to do something about it because the world a getting rapidly sick of their shit.

Oh my Buddha !!!! may I ask where in Thailand you visit , ill be sure to cross it off my places to visit list, where I live I have never experienced any behavior even close to what you have mentioned..

I can't remember when I was last time with an Asian, I don't like Asians that way at all.

Many people are not here for that at all, but because the lack of snow, and it is very cheap place to stay for several months out of the year. I have few friends foreigners, all 30s 40s, only one guy I know is here mainly cos of easy lay.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I also have a few friends who are foreigners, and all of them like to get laid and Party . In 23 years I,ve never been hassled violence wise by Thais, stooged yes by girls,, but you live and learn and its exciting being here, not like Malaysia and boring Singapore. I also cant remember when I was with a fat,lazy,smoking ,beer drinking,loud mouthed western woman, a gracious female asian,who doesn,t drink or smoke for me. many people are here for the cheap sex and freedom or have you not gone to Patpong,Cowboy,Samui,Phuket,Thermae,German beer bar soi 7,really anywhere there are westerners and bars,even on the red bus, remember this, my favorite saying. no farang no satang .

• Like 1

Nope geylang isn't the only official red light district. Do you know many illegals operate in geylang too

Nope geylang isn't the only official red light district. Do you know many illegals operate in geylang too

What i mean by 'official' is that it's the only 'recognized' area by SG Govt for red light district,legal or illegal.

Of course there are many illegals operating by the back streets as well.:)