Rice farmers to march into Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even the poor farmers you claim to be helping and who supposedly love you are now calling for your head. Yingluck, PTP, Shinawatras, it's time to go.

Yes.The farmers are on the march.They were deceived by Thaksin.But now they know the truth and are bent on vengeance.So much for the support Thaksin and this government claim to have in the North.Soon we will see the farmers join up with the heroes on the Bangkok streets for the final countdown.How do I know this? I had it straight from the lips of that great reporter, Michael Yon.

Someone just posted that at least his family in Ubon and an uncle in Buriram got paid just now. Of course the farmers marching are from Lower North and Central districts.

Cash or check? If check, dated when?

That was me, actually, who posted it. My family picked up 140,000 in cash from the office in Ubon today, while the uncle picked up 80,000 in cash in Buriram.

They said that farmers do get paid every day, some were paid yesterday and last week, others will be paid in the next days. Seems like they're getting calls when their coupon can be cashed.

Maybe they won't have to march after all. My family from Ubon just called and said they have received their rice payment this afternoon and their uncle in Buriram had also received it this morning. If you have family members in the North or Northeast, check with them and have them go ask at the office, most probably the payments are now ready to be claimed. Good news indeed.

You are Thaksin and your underpants are brown

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Huh? blink.png

Even the poor farmers you claim to be helping and who supposedly love you are now calling for your head. Yingluck, PTP, Shinawatras, it's time to go.

This further action is just another reminder to the P.M. but I suppose some will again blame Suthep for agrannoying - I love this word.

You from Brighton?

POOF! There goes your support base. Keep it up. Numbskulls w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591 width=18 height=20

With the Democrats out of the elections, the farmer protests will hardly matter. If the Democrats hadn't opted out, focused on getting farmer support by using the failrure of the rice payments and other economic issues, they might, just might have gained enough support to win the majority of the House. Suthep is not the super politician he portrays himself to be.

blink.png You haven't been here long have you?

• Like 1

Maybe they won't have to march after all. My family from Ubon just called and said they have received their rice payment this afternoon and their uncle in Buriram had also received it this morning. If you have family members in the North or Northeast, check with them and have them go ask at the office, most probably the payments are now ready to be claimed. Good news indeed.

Meanwhile not to far from your family whole amphurs are still waiting to be paid.

Many are listed as number 2,000+ in the queue to be paid. The bank is telling them don't call us, we'll call you.

On the up side, the bank is actually taking note of their phone numbers.

The first effects of the policy of the missunderstood fugitive. I doubt the billionaire will use some of his own money to help the people that voted for him. The thieves are being cornered more and more. More victims will follow.

Well....they can just return the money!crazy.gif

The first effects of the policy of the missunderstood fugitive. I doubt the billionaire will use some of his own money to help the people that voted for him. The thieves are being cornered more and more. More victims will follow.

Well....they can just return the money!crazy.gif

Regardless Kittirat and co will continue anyway with the rice pledging SCAM. Too much face at stake.

Some posters speculated that the Govt. held back on the payment to pressure the farmers to vote for them on 2 Feb, the idea being 'no PTP Govt. = no payment'. If that was the case, then I think it has just backfired. Farmers marching into BKK, on top of the 'shutdown BKK' campaign, may just be the last straw to break the camel's back. The farmers have said they will not join the PDRC, and in my opinion, they don't have to. They have a real case on their own. But put them together with what the PDRC is already doing (and with additional reinforcement from BKK's weekend warriors) and it will be, like what ExpatOilWorker said, pouring petrol on the fire.

• Like 1

Some posters speculated that the Govt. held back on the payment to pressure the farmers to vote for them on 2 Feb, the idea being 'no PTP Govt. = no payment'. If that was the case, then I think it has just backfired. Farmers marching into BKK, on top of the 'shutdown BKK' campaign, may just be the last straw to break the camel's back. The farmers have said they will not join the PDRC, and in my opinion, they don't have to. They have a real case on their own. But put them together with what the PDRC is already doing (and with additional reinforcement from BKK's weekend warriors) and it will be, like what ExpatOilWorker said, pouring petrol on the fire.

The fire is out.

The PM's reform commission had its first meeting to give the country its new direction towards democratic and government reform.

And it was so quiet in Bangkok last night I was able to hear Suthep drop his plans.

Suthep should welcome them and coordinate with them to have more blockades. Would be a good test to see if the PDRC can actually get along with the farmers.

Sorry to tell you - many ordinary isaan people already supporting actions to remove this Government you have only to go to the protest site to see this.

Phichit, Nakhon Sawan, Sukhothai, Kamphaengpet, and Phitsanulok - these places are not Isaan - these places have VERY strong Democrat following so the red shirt Govenmnet has not hurt iots own people. These are the other places that mostly voted with Bangkok against the PTP atlast election.

Phichit, Nakhon Sawan, Sukhothai, Kamphaengpet, and Phitsanulok - these places are not Isaan - these places have VERY strong Democrat following so the red shirt Govenmnet has not hurt iots own people. These are the other places that mostly voted with Bangkok against the PTP atlast election.

Yes there are Democrat, Bhumjaithai and Chartthaipattana-Party areas.

It is interesting which areas were paid here first!

And who!

The big landowners, the big mill operators, and the large storehouse owners got their money already.

Strange isn´t it?

Edited by tomacht8

The fact that the payment of the rice is delayed because of the protests is a good thing for the PT. It can blame Suthep and the Dems for not caring for the farmers. Very good for the next election :)Sent from my iPhone...

Payment has not been delayed because of the protests.

The farmer who rents my wifes paddy knew last November that he'd have to wait for his money as the bank were saying they didn't have the money even then. Every single farmer locally knew that are are thoroughly pissed off with the wait.

If they do indeed kick this government out then they will most likely never get paid because no government no payments, plus if a new group get in perhaps sometime this year, like the Dems for instance, the farmers will lose as the Dems will simply say the rice game was nothing to do with them so they won't give the farmers anything. Punishment for being red.

The farmers need to keep this government alive and well to ensure payment.

They don't have the money to pay the farmers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Time for Thailand to make lemonade from lemons: Offer low cost permanent residency passes for us falang. Maybe something along the lines of 5000 baht a year. biggrin.png

They will quickly make up the difference they need to fulfill the rice-pledging scheme. I think a lot of use would pay for this.

Edited by JeffreyWitty

Being upset that they haven't been paid doesn't mean that they have been enlightened about this whole populist policy charade and corruption on a grand scale. They don't really care as long as they can continue their livelihood. Thais have always accepted the "middle road". It's okay to skim off public coffers as long as its done in moderation. It's okay to take 30% commission on all government initiated mega projects as long as the things are built. It's okay to pardon yourself for convicted crimes via an amnesty bill as long as you make good on your promises.

Everything is really okay if you do it in moderation.

Now pay us and we'll go home.

Edited by smileydude

It will be interesting to see if any rice farmers actually show up to protest.

What leads you to believe that there aren't rice farmers protesting already? Or are you being selective, and only want to consider Isaan red shirt rice farmers?