Red shirts confront PDRC protesters at Chaeng Wattana rally site

Lite Beer

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pity we didn't hear the same complaints a few years ago last time Bangkok was under siege . . .

It's totally different. In a democracy you vote for change. But the only thing you can do in a military dictatorship is to protest. To topple a dictatorship with violence is justified. To try to do so in a democracy is not.

This is a simple concept that all western governments understand.

Now you're saying the red shirts WEREN'T justified in their protests?

Like pawns in a chess game, the poor fall victim to violence, while the rich fight for the spoils. Very sad, indeed!

One word, from one man and both sides would go home, without questioning, but there is only silence. xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.pngwai2.gif

It is not going to happen or indeed possible due to their condition. Why do you think the country is acting like a child that has no parent the last few years ?

Pity we didn't hear the same complaints a few years ago last time Bangkok was under siege . . .

It's totally different. In a democracy you vote for change. But the only thing you can do in a military dictatorship is to protest. To topple a dictatorship with violence is justified. To try to do so in a democracy is not.

What about a dictatorship masquerading as a democracy is it justified then?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What about a dictatorship masquerading as a democracy is it justified then?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yur not supposed to talk about the USA here. It's a Thai forum.

• Like 1

Slowly but surely the grand master plan of Thaksin is faling into place, violence civil unrest all as a result of one creatures manic desire for ultimate power and revenge at any price.

The violence is a last resort and no doubt the bully boys are being rewarded or are being promised rewards for their efforts.

However they would do well to remember the situation concerning earlier pawns in the Thaksin bids for power.

Those pawns still languish in prison and lets remember that all the populist vote policies (read bribes) for a votes for Thaksin and his puppet P.T.P. have indeed and are currently being proved to be yet another example of Thaksins proven deceit and contempt for others.

This is not a political issue, it is an issue where one creature and its family and their ilk wish to subject a country to a dictatorship nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1

I guess Thaksin needs that coup so bad

Why the help would Thaksin want his own government overthrown? !!!!!!

coup
ko͞o/
noun
noun: coup; plural noun: coups; noun: coup d'état; plural noun: coups d'état; plural noun: coup d'états
  1. 1.
    a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.
    "he was overthrown in an army coup"
    Do you have any idea of what you are on about really?

This was bound to happen at some point, you mess with normal peoples jobs and ability to earn they wont put up with it for long.

Normal people??? Normal people do not kill, shot, bomb, and burn. sad.png

Yep. Thaksin ordered them to confront the PDRC because he wants a coup which will re-install him as PM. We all know the Thai military are with him, so this makes perfect sense.

What? The Armed Forces are behind Thaksin? Where do you get this gem of information from?

That was me being sarcastic in response to the ludicrous theory that Thaksin is trying to engineer a coup. I do believe militant reds could be behind some or all of the attacks, but see no reason why it'd have to be ordered by Thaksin (see the BKK Post article yesterday that suggests hardcore reds are outside of his control), especially not in the service of a coup. That's just flat out ridiculous.

Phew..for a moment there I thought you were being serious....but being TVF...sometimes hard to know!

• Like 1

Slowly but surely the grand master plan of Thaksin is faling into place, violence civil unrest all as a result of one creatures manic desire for ultimate power and revenge at any price.

The violence is a last resort and no doubt the bully boys are being rewarded or are being promised rewards for their efforts.

However they would do well to remember the situation concerning earlier pawns in the Thaksin bids for power.

Those pawns still languish in prison and lets remember that all the populist vote policies (read bribes) for a votes for Thaksin and his puppet P.T.P. have indeed and are currently being proved to be yet another example of Thaksins proven deceit and contempt for others.

This is not a political issue, it is an issue where one creature and its family and their ilk wish to subject a country to a dictatorship nothing more nothing less.

I agree it's not a political issue as much as it is an ilk issue. You got two ilks. One ilk has a bit of cash and a lot of people. The other ilk has a bunch of cash but few people. Don't worry your ilk will eventually win. They always do. What are we at now 18 coups? They could really use some better PR people.

I get you get the prize for buzz words though. Maniac desire, bully boys, pawns (2 times)Puppet and of course ilk.

I would question using the term Bully Boys as it is a White power band that plays antisemitic songs. Might not play well (that's a pun, I think) with the international media.

It does go to show you folk really need some PR help. I'll do it but I'm not cheap you can PM me for my rates. I can do it in Thai or English no problem.

I think the last thing Thaksin will want is a coup, as that would effectively kill his amnesty and 2.2 trillion Baht loan bills.

Those bills are dead.

The legal implications of cheating in the house and corruption in the rice scheme has now meant jail terms hang over the heads of his fawnicators.

A coup would mean the ability to claim that sentences were politically motivated. His usual excuse

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yep. Thaksin ordered them to confront the PDRC because he wants a coup which will re-install him as PM. We all know the Thai military are with him, so this makes perfect sense.

You must be the only person in LOS with that opinion.

ANY trouble .Yingluck and the government must be held personally responsible'..... unquote.

This was bound to happen at some point, you mess with normal peoples jobs and ability to earn they wont put up with it for long.

The perception of normality changes when you live amongst the red shirts.

The perception of normality changes when you live amongst the red shirts.

the perception of normality changes the moment you set foot in Thailand

• Like 1

To all the shin haters please tell me why the poor people of this country should not be given the same rights as those with wealth why should they not be allowed to vote the man in Dubai gave these people that vote and now we have the opposition trying to take it away from them and installing an unelected peoples council which will be run by the elite of Thailand every person deserves the chance to better themselves kun Suthep wants to change that if he has his way Thailand will become the new North Korea and if that ever happens we Falangs will be heading for the airports and borders in double time, the time has come for all parties to make dialogue and bring this craziness to a halt before others are killed and injured due to. Someone's self gratification . It is clear to me that by the amount who have been demonstrating that the majority of Thais are not prepared to go on the streets and want to choose by the ballot box on 2 February .