PM Yingluck: Govt not involved in Banthad Thong explosion

webfact

Of course the government wasn't involved; it is totally opposite to their already successful tactic of non-violent confrontation. The most likely suspect is the PDRC itself trying to garner more sympathy for their cause. Suthep has proved in the past that he is more than willing to sacrifice human lives to serve his purposes.

Yep. Who gains from this? The government seems to get no advantage and it's contrary to the way they've worked to date. Nor, if you apply common sense, are they likely to be behind such a silly amateurishly pulled off stunt. The obvious perpetrators seem to be either an unknown third party or somebody from the wider protest movement attempting to provoke.

There's such an air of collapsing desperation in the protests that they need to do something. Suthep's rants are increasingly deranged and the numbers are shrinking. At Asoke yesterday there were less than 200 people around 3 and one woman, dressed in a headband, said to me it was almost over. I felt sorry for the band on the stage playing to 4 people and a couple of dogs.

Did Suthep do this himself? I doubt it, but he's surrounded by, and has encouraged and facilitated a large number of irrational nutters and thugs. You simply need to look around him as he walks and listen to some of the words coming from the stage.

your maths way out, my friend, look again!

several thousand there tonight...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see clearly in this video that it was a yellow shirt who did it:

The same guy is the first to rush into the abandoned house to look for the "perpetrator".

Thanks - great video. If it's not "doctored" ....

To my eyes, at the 13 second mark, there is a flash of white (perhaps a hand?) coming out from the driver's side (not sure whether it's the driver, or the passenger behind the driver), then an explosion about 2 metres from the driver's side.

Hence seems like "friendly fire".

Either:

a) driver (or the Guy Sitting Behind Him) was fooling around with a "grenade" in the car, accidentally pulled the pin, and threw it out of the window (i.e. unplanned accident)

or b ) driver (or GSBH) deliberately lobbed the device (i.e. pre-meditated)

Either case, people behind the truck might have seen something - but they were the ones who were injured.

Thank goodness for CCTVs, mobile phones, and a vlogging culture.

Of course the government wasn't involved; it is totally opposite to their already successful tactic of non-violent confrontation. The most likely suspect is the PDRC itself trying to garner more sympathy for their cause. Suthep has proved in the past that he is more than willing to sacrifice human lives to serve his purposes.

Yep. Who gains from this? The government seems to get no advantage and it's contrary to the way they've worked to date. Nor, if you apply common sense, are they likely to be behind such a silly amateurishly pulled off stunt. The obvious perpetrators seem to be either an unknown third party or somebody from the wider protest movement attempting to provoke.

There's such an air of collapsing desperation in the protests that they need to do something. Suthep's rants are increasingly deranged and the numbers are shrinking. At Asoke yesterday there were less than 200 people around 3 and one woman, dressed in a headband, said to me it was almost over. I felt sorry for the band on the stage playing to 4 people and a couple of dogs.

Did Suthep do this himself? I doubt it, but he's surrounded by, and has encouraged and facilitated a large number of irrational nutters and thugs. You simply need to look around him as he walks and listen to some of the words coming from the stage.

Look again there are millions whistling.gif

Before any investigation has taken place she up and says 'we didn't do it'

As if she knows anything about it at all.

How many times has she ordered investigations to be carried out without result ?

Anyway why should she have to order an investigation, isn't it the police job to do that without her orders ?

Usually her party is involved and they'll make some clumsy attempt to sweep it under the carpet - this gives her denial credibility.

Ok you convinced me, just let me get it straight.

Thaksin pays crack police hitmen squad to do what? Kill Suthep surely, why would you kill a supporter and give him what he wants? Anybody other than Suthep who is shot, risks bringing in the army.

Why would a police hit team NOT kill Suthep if they were Thaksins hit team.

OK OK so Thaksin sends a crack team to kill Suthep. A real crack team as he has stolen all of thailands money ever and can pay anybody he wants to do this. He is a Bilionaire. So one of the richest men in the world hires a Thai Police hit team? Not KGB, Mossad, Ex Special Forces. A thai police team.

This crack hit squad that one of the worlds richest men has hired, then hang out near the PDRC area. But they are a crack hit team and don't want to draw the attention of the yellows. So they carry police ID. in case they are stopped by Sutheps thugs and have their bright red police training hats with them. Except not the normal khaki colour, they get bright red ones made up just so they can blend in better with the yellows.

As nobody knows where the march is routed, they consult a Soothe Sayer who tells them to wait in this deserted house. Deserted house, so they move in with a fridge and a ton of rifles, none of which work as they are toys, BB guns or dummys. And they then lay in wait for Suthep. Again, money no object. These guys really are kitted out are they not?

We have to be firm on this. Suthep has to be the target if it is Thaksin. As if it is supporters who are hurt, Suthep gets his coup. Please somebody say straight if they think this hitman is after a supporter... please

So. The march happens to come via our crack hitman, paid by one of the world richest men.

Suthep is leading and collecting money.. Difficult to spot? Well financed hitman is going to have an idea what he looks like isn't he? Our hitman sees him (he has been laying in wait for days remember) coming and waits until Suthep has walked past him by about 100 meters then acts.???? thats about 30 seconds in time he has missed him by.

With all his guns, training and murderous intent, he decides rather than wait for a another chance later or another day do act. So with his years of training as a professional hitman he throws one of the worlds cappiest grenades at the front wheel of a pick up truck.

Summary:

Richest man in the world - money no object - hires dumb and dumber, sends them into PDRC area dressed as Police with bright red hats, name cards and a fridge.

They have a room full of equipment that does not work and they miss the target by over 100 meters.

Hmmmmm... and you wonder why most people with a brain smell a rat here.

Edited by pipkins

The same guy is the first to rush into the abandoned house to look for the "perpetrator".

Or you can clearly see it was a red shirt that was in the crowd trying to ensure a yellow shirt was blamed.

Terrorist in Iraq mix with a crowd before blowing themselves up. What makes the terrorists in Thailand any different?

Wonderful investiaging work. Where you on the Akeyuth case as well?

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

How many times has she ordered investigations to be carried out without result ?

Anyway why should she have to order an investigation, isn't it the police job to do that without her orders ?

Usually her party is involved and they'll make some clumsy attempt to sweep it under the carpet - this gives her denial credibility.

Thaksin pays crack police hitmen squad to do what? Kill Suthep surely, why would you kill a supporter and give him what he wants? Anybody other than Suthep who is shot, risks bringing in the army.

OK OK so Thaksin sends a crack team to kill Suthep. A real crack team as he has stolen all of thailands money ever and can pay anybody he wants to do this. He is a Bilionaire. So one of the richest men in the world hires a Thai Police hit team? Not KGB, Mossad, Ex Special Forces. A thai police team.

This crack hit squad that one of the worlds richest men has hired, then hang out near the PDRC area. But they are a crack hit team and don't want to draw the attention of the yellows. So they carry police ID. in case they are stopped by Sutheps thugs and have their bright red police training hats with them. Except not the normal khaki colour, they get bright red ones made up just so they can blend in better with the yellows.

As nobody knows where the march is routed, they consult a Soothe Sayer who tells them to wait in this deserted house. Deserted house, so they move in with a fridge and a ton of rifles, none of which work as they are toys, BB guns or dummys. And they then lay in wait for Suthep. Again, money no object. These guys really are kitted out are they not?

We have to be firm on this. Suthep has to be the target if it is Thaksin. As if it is supporters who are hurt, Suthep gets his coup. Please somebody say straight if they think this hitman is after a supporter... please

So. The march happens to come via our crack hitman, paid by one of the world richest men.

Suthep is leading and collecting money.. Difficult to spot? Well financed hitman is going to have an idea what he looks like isn't he? Our hitman sees him (he has been laying in wait for days remember) coming and waits until Suthep has walked past him by about 100 meters then acts.???? thats about 30 seconds in time he has missed him by.

With all his guns, training and murderous intent, he decides rather than wait for a another chance later or another day do act. So with his years of training as a professional hitman he throws one of the worlds cappiest grenades at the front wheel of a pick up truck.

Summary:

Richest man in the world - money no object - hires dumb and dumber, sends them into PDRC area dressed as Police with bright red hats, name cards and a fridge.

They have a room full of equipment that does not work and they miss the target by over 100 meters.

I think you missed my point, I was saying that based on Yingluck's uncharacteristic reaction, she probably wasn't involved in this.

• Like 1

Or you can clearly see it was a red shirt that was in the crowd trying to ensure a yellow shirt was blamed.

Terrorist in Iraq mix with a crowd before blowing themselves up. What makes the terrorists in Thailand any different?

Small hole in your fantasy is that the PDRC guards on the scene said it came from the empty house. Remember, Bluesky showed lots of earnest young thugs with metal bars, clubs and knives hunting for him. If it was from in the crowd... it was them and they were close enough to know where it came from.....

Are they PDRC now saying it did not come from the empty housing estate?

Summary:

I think you missed my point, I was saying that based on Yingluck's uncharacteristic reaction, she probably wasn't involved in this.

You'd probably have to think that she's not party to many decisions within PTP

But she is responsible

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are alot of people on here lying through their teeth about protest numbers. What else are they lying about? Edited by longway

Small hole in your fantasy is that the PDRC guards on the scene said it came from the empty house. Remember, Bluesky showed lots of earnest young thugs with metal bars, clubs and knives hunting for him. If it was from in the crowd... it was them and they were close enough to know where it came from.....

Great,. So the failure of the rice scheme is the DEMS fault. The World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, the DEMS, the Environmentalists, the corn farmer, academics, global economists and IMF are all picking on the PTP as well. And now we are to believe the PDRC will all blow themselves up. YET the PTP were adamant the police were not involved in destroying cars or being disguised as MIB on roof tops…Well adamant until the evidence was overwellming anyway. Also the DMES set fire to CW in Bangkok in 2010.

This sounds like a spoilt second born son that is innocent of everything even when proven guilty. Why? Cause apparently even when police are proven guilt of destroying a car it is passed off as a misunderstanding.

One question? Do support elections or do you support elections and the other 14 principles of democracy?

Great,. So the failure of the rice scheme is the DEMS fault. The World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, the DEMS, the Environmentalists, the corn farmer, academics, global economists and IMF are all picking on the PTP as well. And now we are to believe the PDRC will all blow themselves up. YET the PTP were adamant the police were not involved in destroying cars or being disguised as MIB on roof tops…Well adamant until the evidence was overwellming anyway. Also the DMES set fire to CW in Bangkok in 2010.

This sounds like a spoilt second born son that is innocent of everything even when proven guilty. Why? Cause apparently even when police are proven guilt of destroying a car it is passed off as a misunderstanding.

One question? Do support elections or do you support elections and the other 14 principles of democracy?

I have 20 /20 vision and unless I looked through red colored glasses, for the life of me, I see no person throwing anything. I see a lot falling down from shrapnel.

You guys should have been around in 1940's. You would have blamed the jews for their own extermination.

Sad. So, so sad.

What we are saying is that this is a set up.

Lot of OT posturing about rice schemes and even one about Jews!!!

It most likely an inside job. If it was a red in the crowd the PDRC guards would not have run into the housing estate screaming that is where it came from.

If you people are saying one of the richest men in the world could have organised such an inept scenario as this then you have to accept that he (Thaksin) cannot be much of a danger to you and you should all go home. No, they would have got real hitmen (wasn't he accused of procuring them during the 2010 seige?

He has money and knowledge and contacts and he hires cheech and chong to walk round bangkok in red hats with a fridge and they live in a house which they have no idea will be on the marching route?

Last word from me on it. think what you like, this stinks, and it stinks of PDRC desperation. Watch the sickening spectacle tonight of Suthep collecting donations that they are now saying are not going to the family, unless it was specifically asked for by the dontator. So the cash is his.

He is broke, and the coup is failing. lets hope if fails fast. He has already got a bit more mileage and money out of it from this tradgedy. and it is a tragedy. no laughing matter when a father ends up dead.

Old hands know this... Thaksin is not going to organise supporters to be targeted at this stage. Not saying he won't later or hasn't before, I'll say he is one of the villains in thai politics (most politicians are) I'm saying clearly that he is far to clever to have been behind this. and far too rich to have had it botched this badly with such a collection of idiots kitted out with what was in the pics.

Bluesky..... say what they do only as a desperate measure to keep supporters on side and to get money from them. They are in real trouble now and are starting to smell prison food!!! IMHO they are more than capable of sacrificing a few pawns.

I was there tonight, of course there was a bigger crowd but it's going to take way more than "several thousand" for this movement not to splutter and die. That the crowd was this small on a Saturday night was a bad omen for Suthep. There were even less at Ratchaprasong.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

When humans are unable to understand events, they often come up with simplistic explanations, usually expressed in the allegation of a "conspiracy".

It must come as a profound disappointment to some that neither "Suthep", nor "Thaksin" ordered the attacks. It wasn't the government, the UDD, the yellowshirts nor Democrats. Protests in Thailand attract some of society's misfits. Some people seek to cause a commotion to further their own personal agenda. It could just as easily be the work of a misguided person who thinks he/she is helping on of the opposing factions, or it could be a settling of an accounts, or it could just as easily be a mentally ill person. Yes, Suthep has lost his momentum, but it is unlikely he would start killing his own supporters. Yes, the protests are causing the government a problem, but its restrained policy has worked to date, so there is no need to attack anyone. Are there some selfish buggers intent on provoking a clash? Yes. Are they doing it because it is in the interest of either Suthep or the government? No. They are doing this for their own agenda. Who has the most to gain, the longer Suthep and the government are at loggerheads? I don't know, but I'm fairly certain that the convenient groups upon whom to "blame" this are not involved. It is most likely a group or people who we most not suspect and who are sitting on the sidelines clucking about ethereal subjects and pretending to help, all the while stirring up sh*t behind the scenes.

I agree with the small minority here who think it's unlikely that either side is responsible. I just don't see how any possible benefits would outweigh the risks. It's ridiculous to suggest that the government was behind this or that Suthep ordered it to gain sympathy. These people are not completely irrational. What you have to remember is that passions are running extremely high on both sides, and given the numbers of people involved, there are bound to be irrational people who want to vent their anger and frustration through violence. They don't need orders from one side or the other (or from a 'third hand') to do so. Conspiracies make for good movie plots, but they are rare in reality because they are too easily exposed.

Thai Police can be very efficient!

Robbery cases solved in a few days, sex cases, murder cases... same!

BUT!

From the beginning of this protest (more than 80 days ago), more than 30 events happened (some peoples died, many where injured, a lot of ping pong bombs...) BUT the Police did NOT SOLVE ANY of those cases!!! => WHY!!!

When humans are unable to understand events, they often come up with simplistic explanations, usually expressed in the allegation of a "conspiracy".

It must come as a profound disappointment to some that neither "Suthep", nor "Thaksin" ordered the attacks. It wasn't the government, the UDD, the yellowshirts nor Democrats. Protests in Thailand attract some of society's misfits. Some people seek to cause a commotion to further their own personal agenda. It could just as easily be the work of a misguided person who thinks he/she is helping on of the opposing factions, or it could be a settling of an accounts, or it could just as easily be a mentally ill person. Yes, Suthep has lost his momentum, but it is unlikely he would start killing his own supporters. Yes, the protests are causing the government a problem, but its restrained policy has worked to date, so there is no need to attack anyone. Are there some selfish buggers intent on provoking a clash? Yes. Are they doing it because it is in the interest of either Suthep or the government? No. They are doing this for their own agenda. Who has the most to gain, the longer Suthep and the government are at loggerheads? I don't know, but I'm fairly certain that the convenient groups upon whom to "blame" this are not involved. It is most likely a group or people who we most not suspect and who are sitting on the sidelines clucking about ethereal subjects and pretending to help, all the while stirring up sh*t behind the scenes.

That's easy for you to say.

Uhum... Yes, and we did NOT buy votes last time around and the reason my brothers wife bought all the land was NOT because the Government later announced they would build a big road there and we did NOT change the constituencies to help us win the election. No ! Really! I mean, I am serious! Gosh she looks good in that outfit, she must be very capable... wai.gifwai2.gifwai.gifwai2.gif