Tata Motors MD Slym Dies After Fall From Hotel in Bangkok

Crossy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about Thailand and the gutter press here that makes reporting suicides so interesting and seemingly compulsory?

Probably the same thing that makes all the keyboard warriors want to jump to conclusions b4 after considering the facts.

Yes, amazing how many idiot farangs hangout on these Thailand News threads to proclaim "conspiracy" every time a foreigner commits suicide.

• Like 1

What is it about Thailand and the gutter press here that makes reporting suicides so interesting and seemingly compulsory?

Probably the same thing that makes all the keyboard warriors want to jump to conclusions b4 after considering the facts.

Yes, amazing how many idiot farangs hangout on these Thailand News threads to proclaim "conspiracy" every time a foreigner commits suicide.

I lived in Pattaya for a couple of years (which will not go down so well with the holier than thou on these forums) - I was under the impression that there were death squads wandering around just waiting for falang to wander onto their balconies so the death squads could throw them off.

Sadly a lot of older retired people go to Pattaya - become disillusioned or broke or both and see suicide as their only option.

The "newspapers" that sensationalize these events do little credit to themselves.

Why is there so many falls from balcony's in Thailand? Time for TV detectives to come up with some good conspiracy theories coffee1.gif

For the umpteen time, Mr Slym did not fall from a balcony. Sorry for the TV detectives.

Why is there so many falls from balcony's in Thailand? Time for TV detectives to come up with some good conspiracy theories coffee1.gif

For the umpteen time, Mr Slym did not fall from a balcony. Sorry for the TV detectives.

You can believe what the police say.

Or you can wonder how the guy ended up in a room with no balcony in a 5 star hotel overlooking the river, and there was only a tiny window to take in one of the best views in Bangkok.

Frankly, I wasn't suspicious of foul play until they mentioned the suicide note, which it now appears may be a diatribe written by his wife...

I don't know how it happened. None of us do. I think the reason for so much conjecture is that we'll never know. And if the truth actually does come out, it will be disputed (and the reporter will be sued) by everyone who stands to lose a buck when the truth is known.

To this day, can anyone tell me what REALLY happened to the 2 Canadian sisters? And that's been years.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

You can believe what the police say.

Then say, why and how the police can deny the existence of a balcony in a given room ?

Or you can wonder how the guy ended up in a room with no balcony in a 5 star hotel overlooking the river, and there was only a tiny window to take in one of the best views in Bangkok.

The hotel has rooms with no balcony, example below. There could be a small portion can be opened. The bathroom can also have window, typically a small one.

SLBK-Horizon-Club-Room.jpg?width=720&hei

Frankly, I wasn't suspicious of foul play until they mentioned the suicide note, which it now appears may be a diatribe written by his wife...

Where the diatribe is reported ?

Edited by paz

Where the diatribe is reported ?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Note-found-in-Tata-Motors-MD-Karl-Slyms-room-written-by-wife-mentions-domestic-problems-Thai-police/articleshow/29497854.cms

Good answer on the balcony, and thanks for that... In the picture you posted, still looks like windows big enough to accidentally fall if one leaned out for a better view and lost footing.

Your turn- what really happened to the 2 Canadian sisters?

Edited by impulse

So hmmm, Thai police lied again eh? Shocking. They must be pissed people are still talking about it.

Of course no Thai press could ask the question "what did the note say?"

Of course not, the note was 'sent off for forensic testing to see if KARL Slym was really the one who read it".

Absolute jokers, the whole lot of them.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Note-found-in-Tata-Motors-MD-Karl-Slyms-room-written-by-wife-mentions-domestic-problems-Thai-police/articleshow/29497854.cms

Good answer on the balcony, and thanks for that... In the picture you posted, still looks like windows big enough to accidentally fall if one leaned out for a better view and lost footing.

I don't think that is what happened. The article you linked reports: The room has a big sealed window overlooking the Chao Praya River and a smaller window which could be opened nearby.

If that is the windows that can be seen in the picture above, then is plausible that while the central pane is fixed, one or two of the side ones can be opened, and is hinged on the outer side, for the purpose of cleaning the outside of glass. Then, possibly after removing the safety retention bracket, one can cross, but only on purpose.

I don't know but certainly they didn't die from a fall.

I don't think that is what happened. The article you linked reports: The room has a big sealed window overlooking the Chao Praya River and a smaller window which could be opened nearby.

If that is the windows that can be seen in the picture above, then is plausible that while the central pane is fixed, one or two of the side ones can be opened, and is hinged on the outer side, for the purpose of cleaning the outside of glass. Then, possibly after removing the safety retention bracket, one can cross, but only on purpose.

I don't know but certainly they didn't die from a fall.

Yes, in many other hotels, the main window / central pane is sealed / fixed. However, trying to squeeze out of one of the side windows is generally impossible unless you have some tools to "unlock" the limiting mechanisms / safety retention brackets.

And while they're at it, they can come up with more conspiracy theories on why it also happens elsewhere:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/28/jp-morgan-executive-falls-to-death-at-bank-london-headquarters/?intcmp=obnetwork

This is what balconies look like at Shangri la BKK.

Hmm

cn_image_0.size.shangri-la-hotel-bangkok

This balc. does not comply to australian building regs as both the bottom rail and the top of the rendered concrete upstand are climbable. Prolly one of the many small reasons why y'all r living in LOS and not this nanny state where you cant wipe ur butt with loo paper unless its been signed off by the surgeon general in triplicate. Jumper must 've been threatened with one of those blue drinks, and took the easy way out.

• 1 month later...

And while they're at it, they can come up with more conspiracy theories on why it also happens elsewhere:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/28/jp-morgan-executive-falls-to-death-at-bank-london-headquarters/?intcmp=obnetwork

Does it? I can't see anything in your link that shows other countries have such a high rate of expat suicides from high buildings.

Still can't bear any criticism of Thailand, can you?

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Hmm

This balc. does not comply to australian building regs as both the bottom rail and the top of the rendered concrete upstand are climbable. Prolly one of the many small reasons why y'all r living in LOS and not this nanny state where you cant wipe ur butt with loo paper unless its been signed off by the surgeon general in triplicate. Jumper must 've been threatened with one of those blue drinks, and took the easy way out.

The height is all right. Rather safe. I rule out the possibility of him falling over this particular balcony. However I don't rule out the possibility of him being helped out falling over. Suicide? Maybe. But he was doing great job.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm

The height is all right. Rather safe. I rule out the possibility of him falling over this particular balcony. However I don't rule out the possibility of him being helped out falling over. Suicide? Maybe. But he was doing great job.

Just read the thread if not too much effort?

He did not fell from the balcony.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk