Where to purchase a Burka in Chonburi?

cloghead

Does anyone know where/if these are sold in the Pattaya/Chonburi area? My wife has dragged me into hosting a costume party next week and one of her friends insists on wearing an outfit like this:

post-74977-0-85202300-1390824804_thumb.j

Thanks to anyone with a suggestion--it will get my wife's friend off my back

• Like 1

There are lots of Muslim women wearing them along sois Nern Plub Wan and SSCC...must be shops in that area. Maybe have a wander around those sois.

Maybe best to send the gf/wifey as they would probably recoil at selling one to a man...and presumedly a non-muslim one at that.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 2

Never seen anyone wearing the meshed version in NPW but loads of thai muslims over on the darkside.I believe NPW was often refered to as soi muslim in the old days.Plenty of shops and everything else run by muslims over here and I find them a friendly bunch when you deal with them.

Never seen anyone wearing the meshed version in NPW but loads of thai muslims over on the darkside.I believe NPW was often refered to as soi muslim in the old days.Plenty of shops and everything else run by muslims over here and I find them a friendly bunch when you deal with them.

OP opposite the first mosque travelling down Soi NPW from Suk Road is a shop that I believe sells the burka. From the poster who mentioned drinking, plenty of the local Thai Muslims drink alcohol.

I believe I saw the style of burka in the OP in a photo from rural Afghanistan. A burka available from a shop in Thailand may be a little more fashionably tailored but perhaps still serve for a costume party, for example something like this, still in the Afghan style.

burqa1.jpg

You'll need to cut a hole for a straw….or a larger one if going right off the bottle.

My plan for Haloween last year was a burkha with a plastic AK47 and cardboard tubes wrapped in foil with wire and an alarm clock. Problem was I didn't know if the Arabs would laugh when they saw me…:) They tried to kill that Danish guy over a cartoon so maybe they lack a sense of humour.

• Like 1

You'll need to cut a hole for a straw….or a larger one if going right off the bottle.

My plan for Haloween last year was a burkha with a plastic AK47 and cardboard tubes wrapped in foil with wire and an alarm clock. Problem was I didn't know if the Arabs would laugh when they saw me…smile.png They tried to kill that Danish guy over a cartoon so maybe they lack a sense of humour.

who care what they think ? Incredible that this is one of the topics that scare people around the Internet...