Shots, blasts as protest rivals clash on Thai election eve

Lite Beer

He is not a democrat and it really is sad to see so many try to use his lunacy to discredit the Dems.

You may think what you want, to me they're differently branded branches of the same old elites network of interests. Another way to look at it is "follow the money". If Suthep were to win, who would the spoils go to? Whose interests would be served? Except for some crumbs for PR purposes, it would be the Democrat backers and base.

As for us trying to discredit the Democrats, they hardly need our help. In 30 years of following politics in many countries, I don't recall a more stomach-turning, despicable, shameless bunch.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not a democrat and it really is sad to see so many try to use his lunacy to discredit the Dems.

You may think what you want, to me they're differently branded branches of the same old elites network of interests. Another way to look at it is "follow the money". If Suthep were to win, who would the spoils go to? Whose interests would be served? Except for some crumbs for PR purposes, it would be the Democrat backers and base.

As for us trying to discredit the Democrats, they hardly need our help. In 30 years of following politics in many countries, I don't recall a more stomach-turning, despicable, shameless bunch.

Clearly you haven't followed the last three years of govt.

As for the rest of your post, already answered it. Moving on.

Fascism is what Mussolini called:

Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power ... Benito Mussolini

It means using government force to sell privileges to friends. I bet both sides are guilty of that. The only reason to seek power over other people is to sell them afterwards.

All power comes from the barrel of a gun.

some come from the power of vote, that's why guns were used at laksi on the eve of election.

that's how mussolini, hitler, franco come to power, by intimidation of the majority with guns and money from the political establishment, heavy industry and send them to war. That's why some 7mln germans had to die and why further 40mln died during ww2

No that was stupidity and I said so at the time. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend' idiotic thinking on their part.

Does not change the fact that suthep and his fascist megalomania is not Dem policy. It does not change the fact he is not a Dem.

It seems that you have been fooled into believing such an obvious untruth.

Abhisit at the rallies should be enough alone to convince you - But there's plenty of other over-obvious links.

However, I won't go into any greater detail as I can tell your mind is already made up on this - as is mine, so it's counterproductive for both of us to debate it.

I'm not fooled. I just see reality and not the faux reality I desire.

So what do you think about Abhisit not voting but much more importantly what do you think about Abhisit having attended a PCAD rally, hugging Suthep with whistle in mouth... you see that as no link to the democrats? can you really say with a straight face that there is no link?

sounds like a faux reality that you desire to me.

Edited by HD 205

a video shot and a report from kocha olarn cnn http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/03/world/asia/thai-protests-gunfight-kocha/index.html?fb_action_ids=10151999130844217&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

the mob started shooting, hitting a man in the chest. They were fireing for 1h at the voters crowd

Edited by londonthai

• 2 weeks later...

Would you Thais please quit trying to hijack Thai Visa because you do not have any websites or newspapers of your own that you can rant in. This is not a site made for you to present your opposing political views.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app