PDRC harbours armed militants at rallies: Tarit

webfact

PDRC harbours armed militants at rallies: Tarit
The Nation

30227236-01_big.jpg
A police officer unsuccessfully tries to kick away grenade during the clash on Tuesday.

BANGKOK: -- The Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) Wednesday accused the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) of allowing armed militants to mingle among protesters during Tuesday's police operation to disperse an anti-government rally.

CMPO director Tarit Pengdith said Wednesday that the centre offered its condolences to the families of the five police officers and protesters who were killed, and expressed concern for the 68 people who were injured during the operation. He said the CMPO condemned the armed militants for using heavy weapons such as M-67 grenades, M-79 bombs, high-speed guns, pistols and tear gas, resulting in heavy casualties.

Tarit insisted that the police who carried out the operation were not armed. Although pictures disseminated via social media showed the police carrying guns, the officials used only rubber bullets. However, it was necessary that police were protected by support units carrying arms for use in self-defence, not to shoot at protesters, he said.

He said PDRC leader Akanat Promphan had apologised for writing a statement for PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban that distorted the truth, after acclaimed foreign media outlets like CNN and the BBC reported that the police had been attacked with M67s and M79s, causing them to retreat.

Tarit also alleged that the PDRC blocked the military's efforts to transport injured people to hospital.

The CMPO also reported that so far there had been 162 cases involving election disruptions, 170 cases against election officials accused of neglecting their duty, 110 arrest warrants issued and 35 people charged.

The CMPO has been able to achieve the resumption of services of 53 state agencies such as the Consular Affairs Office, Thailand Post, and the Land Transport Department, which had earlier been blocked by the protesters, Tarit said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-19

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Tarit can get that wording corrected for a start.

CMPO director Tarit Pengdith said families of the five police officers and protesters who were killed."

He means quite the opposite in numbers, but well written by his lawyer. Five police officers my arse!

He's only saying something cos he's sobered up too. These writers do not understand implications of words. I would tear him apart in court for that statement, IMPLYING five officers were killed plus a few additional protestors........ misrepresentation eat your heart out!

Awww, been out of the news for a week, have you? sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.pngcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

• Like 1

"The Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) Wednesday accused the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) of allowing armed militants to mingle among protesters during Tuesday's police operation to disperse an anti-government rally"

But nothing wrong with the TRT/PTP Redshirts to going armed...

• Like 2

That Other Paper We Do Not Name has some excellent photos of police aiming down sights of M16s or M4 carbines at protesters. It's in the "PM charged over rice graft" story, which is currently the spotlighted article if you're quick. In another article, the police have issued a statement demanding to be armed with rifles, shotguns and (!) M79 grenade launchers in order to defend themselves (and who can blame them). If they get those, the stage will be set for a carbon copy replica of 2010. This is exactly how it started last time and we have seen how it can end.

Red apologists, this may well be your last chance to get in those rants about Abhisit and Suthep being murderers because your puppet PM may well be sitting in the dock alongside them shortly.

Funny that they make a request to be armed with those ... they were armed with those!

The pictures are all over the net! The lies they tell!

M79 launchers are used for teargas delivery.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That Other Paper We Do Not Name has some excellent photos of police aiming down sights of M16s or M4 carbines at protesters. It's in the "PM charged over rice graft" story, which is currently the spotlighted article if you're quick. In another article, the police have issued a statement demanding to be armed with rifles, shotguns and (!) M79 grenade launchers in order to defend themselves (and who can blame them). If they get those, the stage will be set for a carbon copy replica of 2010. This is exactly how it started last time and we have seen how it can end.

Red apologists, this may well be your last chance to get in those rants about Abhisit and Suthep being murderers because your puppet PM may well be sitting in the dock alongside them shortly.

Funny that they make a request to be armed with those ... they were armed with those!

The pictures are all over the net! The lies they tell!

M79 launchers are used for teargas delivery.

Thanks I was wondering about the M79s. Seemed a bit harsh.

And your 'unarmed' policemen shot dead a few protestors while you guys are blaming 'third parties' for killing the protestors. Very convenient isn't it? The protestors are armed and kill the police. While the saintly police didn't kill any protestors but a 'third party' did. Both sides have blood on their hands so don't try to lie your way out by pretending only the protestors were violent in this clash.

IMHO, which you have the right to disagree, I think 3rd party kill police, and Police kill unarmed protesters.

The secretary general of the "People" Council, Suthep will agree with me 100%.

• Like 1

And your 'unarmed' policemen shot dead a few protestors while you guys are blaming 'third parties' for killing the protestors. Very convenient isn't it? The protestors are armed and kill the police. While the saintly police didn't kill any protestors but a 'third party' did. Both sides have blood on their hands so don't try to lie your way out by pretending only the protestors were violent in this clash.

Who are we to comment when none of us were their. We are simply being fed fodder from agencies with each their own agenda are we not? Let's apportion blame regardlessly shall we? I guess so as we are all experts on these matters. I suggest that if your on the ground and running then a poster has credibility, otherwise ALL of us are simply speculating..... Very Very Sad.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

IMHO, which you have the right to disagree, I think 3rd party kill police, and Police kill unarmed protesters.

The secretary general of the "People" Council, Suthep will agree with me 100%.

We don't know who the Third Hand (damn them!) are working for.

The government wants to make the protesters look bad, "armed protesters" will allow them to issue weapons to the police and further "attacks against authorities" will eventually give them an excuse to use force to crack heads and chase them off. Suthep's mob also wants the government to look bad, provoking a bloody crackdown against peaceful protesters (the majority are) is the one thing that is sure to trigger a coup.

Then there's the horrible possibility that both camps might be playing the same game. If you read some of Sonthi's (the media one) post-2007 interviews (yes I know blah blah) he claims that he was asked to provoke violent confrontations that would have resulted in casualties amongst his own yellow shirt supporters to "speed things up". If you think the red side of politics is above that sort of thing you only need to look at what happened in 2010.

ok; look at this photo,

whose side do u think the sniper is on??

BgzByoUCMAAlkXu.jpg

makes one really wonder doesn't it.... PRDC supporters with any comments? Possibly not very intelligent posts will be forthcoming...

ok; look at this photo,

BgzByoUCMAAlkXu.jpg

Is this photo real?

The people behind are all wearing police uniform.

And as you can see armed with batons only, food for thought people.

If that was a real grenade in the OP picture, then several policemen at that location would be dead or severe wounded, not ?

Most probably it was a firecracker that turned grenade in Tarrit's imagination.

ok; what was it? thai-grenade-lead.jpg

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=654_1392735073

Edited by phuketrichard

If that was a real grenade in the OP picture, then several policemen at that location would be dead or severe wounded, not ?

Jesse it was definitely a real grenade. There is no doubt the video was clear enough!

The problem is who threw it and where did it come from?

ok; look at this photo,

BgzByoUCMAAlkXu.jpg

Is this photo real?

Except for the blaringly obvious heavy weapon strapped to the guys back...

Armed with Batons my arse... when presented with photographic evidence you still bleat on about Police armed with only batons... my god, there is no hope for you!

• Like 1

ok; look at this photo,

BgzByoUCMAAlkXu.jpg

Is this photo real?

And having snipers to back them up. Great. Unarmed police. Get some perspective. It is clear that completely unarmed protesters were shot at from the police side. Follow the trajectory. They made a conscious decision to kill completely unarmed person who was not threat to anyone. As a matter of a fact they appear to be running away from the trouble. Food for thought.

• Like 1

Protestors need to protect themselves so it doesn't surprise me that they have some protection. Thailand is not the country where you can trust the police or government. I believe the good will prevail, most Thais are honest people and these are the people backing the protestors

• Like 1

ok; look at this photo,

BgzByoUCMAAlkXu.jpg

makes one really wonder doesn't it.... PRDC supporters with any comments? Possibly not very intelligent posts will be forthcoming...

referring to some of your previous posts on here sirwhistling.gif

Jesse it was definitely a real grenade. There is no doubt the video was clear enough!

The problem is who threw it and where did it come from?

It definitely looked like a grenade, but how could he survive at that range?