Racism towards chinese tourists and biasness.

ultimate weapon

I am just curious why do some of you or maybe most of you are willing to overlook the bad behavior of ppl of other nationalities.

Like take the russians for example. They behave badly and are drunk but you are willing to speak up for them.

The minute you hear chinese tourists oh yes it's instantly assume they are bad and no good no problem there it's ok to stereotype them in a negative way but not so for other nationalities and races.

This is the worst racism and it would be unaccetable if it involved another race but it's fine it chinese are at the receiving end of it.

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You address the forum as if everyone is one person and thinks the same.

Can you post an example of this alleged racism ?

I wish i could have saved the posts down but i suppose you will get my point if you read this forum long enough.

Ok here is an example. Like someone will write oh more chinese tourists will be coming to say chiang mai and he will imply it's a bad thing because of the racist assumption that the tourists he observed means that all chinese tourists will be like that,

You know that this won't apply to russians. Ppl will be willing to overlook the fact that not all russians behave badly but it doesn't apply to the chinese tourists.

Noisy, shouting, queue jumping tourists can come from any country - but huge groups of noisy, shouting queue jumping tourists will be from China.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

add drunk on the end of that, and they'll be The Russians.

• Like 2

Noisy, shouting, queue jumping tourists can come from any country - but huge groups of noisy, shouting queue jumping tourists will be from China.

So it is to be assumed somehow all chinese tourists will behave like that? You see how racist that sounds if we changed it to russian. Now it does sound offensive right?

So it is to be assumed somehow all chinese tourists will behave like that? You see how racist that sounds if we changed it to russian. Now it does sound offensive right?

Sounds the same.

• Like 2

I am just curious why do some of you or maybe most of you are willing to overlook the bad behavior of ppl of other nationalities.

Like take the russians for example. They behave badly and are drunk but you are willing to speak up for them.

The minute you hear chinese tourists oh yes it's instantly assume they are bad and no good no problem there it's ok to stereotype them in a negative way but not so for other nationalities and races.

This is the worst racism and it would be unaccetable if it involved another race but it's fine it chinese are at the receiving end of it.

Is this on the back of the Canadian tourist of Indian decent who felt discriminated against by a number of service staff in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Ponder over the Pattaya forum, Jesus wept, there's countless threads and postings about how the Russians are a pain the arse...

Similar in the Phuket forum...

It's probably the capitalist pig bar stewards from the states and the mother land that are responsible for it, but that's just Cold War banter...

Even the colonies have somewhat of a bad rap, but that's mostly because they fornicate with ovis aries and macropus giganteus, respectively...

Drop the mini mao woe is me act for a wee while...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

We defeated the Russians and saved the world from their nuclear weapons and in doing so brought peace to mankind.

God bless you Ronald Regan.

Ronald Regan's not Chinese, you racist bar steward!

:P

• Like 1

I don't mind the Chinese groups nearly as much as the Russian mobsters.

But I'm sure if I had the ability and opportunity to get to know individuals of either "race" I'd find wonderful people within the crowd.

I'm just too lazy to bother, and to me that's the root of all these "isms", saving our time and mental bandwidth for stuff we care about.

It's only "evil" if I actually affect the life of my "victims", in a position of power over jobs, housing etc.

Otherwise really a non-issue AFAIC.

• Like 1

In Pattaya, I hardly notice the Chinese tourists. Mostly on bus tours. Recently there have been more INDEPENDENT Chinese tourists. I very much welcome them! I'm a Sinophile! Gung Hay Bloody Fat Choy!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Curious. Is the OP trying to create a little mound of moral high ground by championing the rights of that poor oppressed minority who come from such a beacon of equal opportunities and free speech?

In practice the only tourists from China we will meet will be privileged Han Chinese. I might have a wider view of Chinese tourists if Muslim Chinese or Hmong Chinese had more opportunities to travel abroad.

• Like 1

Is this on the back of the Canadian tourist of Indian decent who felt discriminated against by a number of service staff in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Ponder over the Pattaya forum, Jesus wept, there's countless threads and postings about how the Russians are a pain the arse...

Similar in the Phuket forum...

It's probably the capitalist pig bar stewards from the states and the mother land that are responsible for it, but that's just Cold War banter...

Even the colonies have somewhat of a bad rap, but that's mostly because they fornicate with ovis aries and macropus giganteus, respectively...

Drop the mini mao woe is me act for a wee while...

You know something? The 4th sentence onwards you don't make anymore sense.

No it isn't based on some other thread but my personal observation.

You know speaking of fornication well does it run in the family? You know we all have different concepts of it.

• Like 1

In Pattaya, I hardly notice the Chinese tourists. Mostly on bus tours. Recently there have been more INDEPENDENT Chinese tourists. I very much welcome them! I'm a Sinophile! Gung Hay Bloody Fat Choy!

Learn the language, and become more Sinophilic.

Or not.

Because most Chinese you will see these days speak English better and better, and better than many so-called Americans.

Edited by CzarThustraThusSpake

A lot of them are, not all, but a lot.

What's the problem. Many brits, Ozzie's and other are a pain also.

• Like 1

The Chinese do certain things that annoy me and their driving/walking in front of moving vehicles behavior is at the top of the list, but mostly they don't bother me and are probably better than an equal number of some other nationalities would be. At least the girls are small and fairly cute, but, IMHO, Thai girls are much prettier.

The Chinese are not a "race." The root word for racism.

More and more I come to the conclusion that the Politically Correct and Equalists must be their own race. So much lack of common sense can be attributed only to racial differences, there is no other explanation.