Thai Government to tell super powers and UN of political situation

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why this concern with what the outside world thinks hardly the usual Thai attitude ?

Yes, I would agree. However, in te context of the Thai economy being increasingly reliant on foreign investment , it is imperative that this be done. The international connection is of scant interest to Suthep and the cronies. Ironically, the greatest losers from a loss of confidence in Thailkand as a place to invest will be the very people who seem to be giving him some support. Thailand runs the serious risk of reverting to being a nation of " hewers of wood and carriers of water"..The rest of ASEAN...laughing their <deleted> off

I agree. It adds credibility to the government as well if they are seen with global leaders, especially if they are able to present the situation in an honest light (unlike Suthep's letter to Obama a while back). Perhaps they are also seeking some sort of assistance, financial or otherwise.

mmm... they are going to the permanent members of the UN security council. As noted by others, Japan was not mentioned.

This does not bode well. A worst-case scenario (for the Thai people) is a country in chaos followed by UN (in reality, US-backed) intervention. We've seen this in too many other countries for it not to be an option.

The ultimate plan is for Thailand to be overtly friendly to US and globalist interests. If covert plans fail, watch out for the drones. I'm not sure what China's real role is in the globalist plans.

Look around the world - how many truly independent nations are left? The tug-of-war in the Ukraine is another example of a nation straddling two empires that is not being allowed to think for itself - you're either with us or against us. Shit world.

You make a good point. Your worse case scenario is spot on, but I'm not sure it will be military intervention. The US also tends to put countries in a state of economic dependence through other means. Thailand seems set on putting itself in a vulnerable position while ASEAN begins to open up the SE Asia markets

"The government will soon embark on a globe-trotting tour"

That's the news I was soon expecting, their excuse to leave the country. Surely they are already busy transfering the rest of their money to Dubai or elsewhere.

Unfortuately not all of them will be able to leave, so their heads will still be in Thai politics and their hands in people's pocket.

I think are wrong. You are talking about people who have relished their power ans position and gotten away with so much thru the years that they believe they are untouchable. Just look at the way they handle almost every situation. Devious and underhanded. I dont think they will run until someone shows them the door and threatens to kick them in the arse on the way out. In other words they will have to be forced by people who are more powerful than them. Power is a drug and they are addicts. Going to be hard to make them quit cold turkey.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

the five super powers namely the US, Russia, China, France and England

I'm glad they got England on that list. Nothing worse than being beaten with a rolled up newspaper that smells of fish n' chips.

It should actually say the UK, not England - but what do little Thailanders know about geography... or history...or... ? When was the last time England was called a "superpower"? smile.png

And the article disingenuously left out the wee fact that they are the five permanent members of the UN Security Council.

I'd love to hear what the Chinese really tell them.

Why this concern with what the outside world thinks hardly the usual Thai attitude ?

Yes, I would agree. However, in te context of the Thai economy being increasingly reliant on foreign investment , it is imperative that this be done. The international connection is of scant interest to Suthep and the cronies. Ironically, the greatest losers from a loss of confidence in Thailkand as a place to invest will be the very people who seem to be giving him some support. Thailand runs the serious risk of reverting to being a nation of " hewers of wood and carriers of water"..The rest of ASEAN...laughing their <deleted> off

I agree. It adds credibility to the government as well if they are seen with global leaders, especially if they are able to present the situation in an honest light (unlike Suthep's letter to Obama a while back). Perhaps they are also seeking some sort of assistance, financial or otherwise.

Why would you call Sutheps letter to Obama dishonest

He claimed they were pro-democracy and non-violent, which is clearly not hte case. However, this is a bit off topic, and the debate on this went around and around in other threads

After the last coup, the army weapons they bought in Germany were embargoed.

Most US aid (in all forms) has legal requirement for democracy and will stop instantly there is a coup... as last time.

Add to this, every sane person knows if there is a coup, that it is very poorly supported (we can count the mob) and mostly propaganda organs like nation, bluesky talking it up. So,, we all know if democracy is curtailed, there will be an uprising from the reds and basically everybody who does not like Suthep ie, I much bigger uprising that this tawdry affair now.

Unless the Gov of the world make their foreign policy based on Nation, Bluesky and Thaivisa opinions, a Suthep lead coup would have serikous problems from day one. Not least of them being they have to pay the farmers!!

Give the whole group, free passage on "the good ship Lollipop" asap, with the message, don't let the door hit you in the arse, on the way out.

Just take Chaleum with you, and no worry about visas for entry to any target country, as you can claim political pressure, show your foreign bank books and your good to go.

Government to tell super powers and UN of political situation

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Pheu Thai: "It was the nasty nasty Anti government movement and the nasty nasty civil court!!!"

UN: "Grow the hell up, alien face!!!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

555, when I opened the thread, I thought to myself "this guy really does look like an alien"

the five super powers namely the US, Russia, China, France and England

I'm glad they got England on that list. Nothing worse than being beaten with a rolled up newspaper that smells of fish n' chips.

Having England on the list just proves how deluded this government is. Actually, despite all troubles Thai economy is still functioning better than English economy. England has gone to the dogs years ago. Germany is European superpower. Moreover beats England at football regularly.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In my opinion, this is not merrily a globe-trotting exercise, because one can be sure that the UN as well as the super powers knows exactly what is going on from the foreign embassies in Thailand. The reason may be much deeper than that, it may be a plea for help perhaps financially, perhaps by armed forces, one can only speculate at this stage. However, whatever the goal of this globe-trotting exercise may be, the government must also realise their sins of the past, concerning slavery, extortion, corruption, and many other bad things that has not been curbed by the excising government has also been documented by the super powers.

Furthermore to report that the caretaker prime minister is being continually harassed by the opposition (which is known internationally,) is rather childish, somewhat like a child reporting that his lollypop has been taken away from him, don’t you think?

I think it's much simpler than anyone is suggesting.

The writing is on the wall for these people, and they want to ensure that they are not in Thailand when the house of cards collapses.

After all, if someone was outside of Thailand, let's say, visiting the Olympic Games, or something similar, then no-one could ever accuse them of running away, could they?!

@GeorgeO ...

I think your dead right !!! thumbsup.gif ...... Watch who is on the "TOUR" List ...... And who is left as the Fall Guys ..... whistling.gif

Get real. Look at the civil unrest in Ukraine, Syria and Venezuela. Do you think the world community is going to pay attention to a regime that has become unsustainable due to its own incompetence? PTP could have worked around the Yingluck problem by having her resign from politics. They should have had her take the fall for the rice pledge scheme and amnesty bill scandal. By sticking with her in the last election, they sealed their fate. The world community can see the writing on the wall and will wait for Thailand to sort out its next government.

No. What the rest of the world thinks of Thai politics is of little consequence. What the investment community thinks is of critical significance. Woulkd you contemplate a major investment in a country run by Suthep or those who are paying him to engage in what is effectively guerilla tactics? I don't think so. Thailand's reputation as an investor-friendly environment is under serious threat. Others are laughing all the way to the bank

And I haven't seen any real issues with the investment climate. Everything so far has been scare tactics. In Chonburi, they just opened up two huge new industrial estates. That's the backbone of the Thai economy now anyway. Not agribusiness or tourism, the international financial community doesn't care about that. They want to see manufacturing, and there's been no slowdown in that regard.

so why does he need tarit , charlerm, Kittirat, yingluc, adul and the other top tier of government going with him at this crucial time

really weird they are all heading for the airport at the same time - National Lampoons Thai government long vacation - hurry back

Thai Government to tell super powers and UN of political situation

Perhaps looking for exodus of some clans on military naval ships from a Superpower? Recalling Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines...

Edited by trogers

One of the problems I see here is that in the west when an official messes up they resign or stand down but in Thailand they carry on and try to blame someone or something else, it really is a serious problem when a government tries to lie it's way out of trouble

• Like 1

Get real. Look at the civil unrest in Ukraine, Syria and Venezuela. Do you think the world community is going to pay attention to a regime that has become unsustainable due to its own incompetence? PTP could have worked around the Yingluck problem by having her resign from politics. They should have had her take the fall for the rice pledge scheme and amnesty bill scandal. By sticking with her in the last election, they sealed their fate. The world community can see the writing on the wall and will wait for Thailand to sort out its next government.

No. What the rest of the world thinks of Thai politics is of little consequence. What the investment community thinks is of critical significance. Woulkd you contemplate a major investment in a country run by Suthep or those who are paying him to engage in what is effectively guerilla tactics? I don't think so. Thailand's reputation as an investor-friendly environment is under serious threat. Others are laughing all the way to the bank

Well, the Japanese have said they will give it six months, if things aren't back to normal the will re-think their investment strategy. Obviously everyone else has already taken their money out of Thailand. Judging by the success of the rice scam I would think no one is interested in investing with PTP at the helm!

Others are laughing all the way to the bank cheesy.gif

happy in the knowledge they have gotten their money out of GSB.

Edited by ggold
  • Like 1