Fergie's biography a hit here too

Lite Beer

Fergie's biography a hit here too
The Nation

30227511-01_big.gif

BANGKOK: -- After hitting the shelves for less than a week, the Thai edition of "Alex Ferguson: My Autobiography" has risen to the top of the best-sellers chart.

Shortly after being launched on the shelves, interest in the book hit fever pitch, with many people making reservations in advance.

The book has been released by Nation International Edutainment, a subsidiary of Nation Multimedia Group.

"Alex Ferguson: My Autobiogra-phy", authored by the former Manchester United manager, caused a stir in Britain when it was launched last week, breaking records with sales of 120,000 copies within a week. It has also has been a hit overseas, translated into 27 languages.

As for the Thai-edition, Nation Multimedia Group chairman Suthichai Yoon was the book's consulting editor, while TV host and die-hard Manchester United fan Nantakwang Sirisoontorn was a member of the translation team.

The reaction from Thai football fans has been warm, even if they are not United supporters.

"I'm not a Manchester United fan. However, after reading this book, I want to say that I can't put it down. There are lots of good sayings well combined with ideas on how to run a business effectively. By reading it, I could apply it in my daily life," Torboon Puangmaha commented on the nation.print2life.com.

"This is the book the Red Devils fans should not miss," was another comment from Surasak Pitak on the web-page.

Red Devils fans plus anyone who is interested can meet Nantakwang at the official launch of the book at Terminal 21 shopping mall on March 3. The launch will be hosted by Nation TV hosts Kanok Ratwongsakul and Teera Tanyapaibul.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-23

This is amazing, as a Manchester United fan i bought Sir Alex's autobiograpy 10 years ago. It was a large black hard back book. How many can one person write?? Am i missing something here, as i can't understand how this can be different to the other one...Maybe i'm a little thick.

I had to click on the story to see who he was..... just a soccer team manager, no one of any consequence.

He is the most successful football manager in the world. He has been knighted by the Queen of England for his achievments. He was the best of the best. Manchester United Football club even named a stadium stand and street after him.

I had to click on the story to see who he was..... just a soccer team manager, no one of any consequence.

He is the most successful football manager in the world. He has been knighted by the Queen of England for his achievments. He was the best of the best. Manchester United Football club even named a stadium stand and street after him.

All true, then the old soak goes and writes an autobiography and slags off the players that made him great.

Quality.

• Like 1

That's why I had never heard of him, soccer is a minor sport in Australia so I guess that's why he would only be known to a very small circle of people who follow the game in Australia. I couldn't even name a single soccer team in Aust it is almost unheard of.

• Like 1

That's why I had never heard of him, soccer is a minor sport in Australia so I guess that's why he would only be known to a very small circle of people who follow the game in Australia. I couldn't even name a single soccer team in Aust it is almost unheard of.

Bare in mind football is the global sport. I would also imagine the rest of the world knows little or nothing about your number one sport, aussie rules.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

According to this http://www.topendsports.com/world/lists/popular-sport/countries/australia.htm it's the 5th most attended sport in Aus, so not that rare.

1 Australian Rules Football

2 Horse Racing

3 Rugby League

4 Motor Sports

5 Soccer (outdoor)

6 Cricket (outdoor)

7 Rugby Union

8 Harness Racing

9 Tennis (indoor and outdoor)

10 Dog racing

So why are you posting on a football forum then? 555555. I think I might go to a fishing forum and announce my ignorance about the sport.................:-D

it was actually posted in the Thai news forum and I read it and was wondering who the guy was. My apologies for responding to a news item on a private and personal forum. I don't normally go to the soccer forum. You should take your grievance up with admin who put this story in the news forum for all to see. Again my apologies for the intrusion.

So why are you posting on a football forum then? 555555. I think I might go to a fishing forum and announce my ignorance about the sport.................:-D

it was actually posted in the Thai news forum and I read it and was wondering who the guy was. My apologies for responding to a news item on a private and personal forum. I don't normally go to the soccer forum. You should take your grievance up with admin who put this story in the news forum for all to see. Again my apologies for the intrusion.

Fair Dinkum Plugger!!

awww come on Chooka,... what about the Socceroos?

There was even a song written about them if I recall correctly,... something about "Up there Cazaly"?

• Like 1

Either you live in a cave or you're just talking out of your hat.

When I was in Sydney last (December) there was plenty of coverage of the (proper) Footy on the back pages.

From November last year?

The gemba Active Sports Participation study (gASP), which surveys the Australian population between the age of 5 and 75, reveals that 960,000 people participate in organised football competitions, while another 1 million play in social, recreational and semi-organised ways.

“The survey result confirms that football retains its status as the no. 1 team participation sport in Australia,” said Gallop.

“Football has always had a huge playing base, but now the popularity is spilling over to the attendances, TV ratings and digital audiences for the Hyundai A-League and the Socceroos.

“Today, the powerful idea that football could become Australia's biggest and most popular sport overall is no longer just a dream. It’s starting to happen in significant steps forward.”

I can understand why certain people prefer to deny it exists though.

Football’s Stellar Achievements November 2012 – November 2013

• New $160 million, four-year broadcast deal

• Free-to-air TV coverage of A-League for the first time

• Record crowds, TV ratings and digital audiences for the Hyundai A-League

• The phenomenon of the Western Sydney Wanderers

• Qualification for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

• Sold out Manchester United and Liverpool tours

• The inauguration of the Foxtel All Stars

• Establishment of new Community Football department within FFA

• Second edition of the National Curriculum

• Launch of the National Premier Leagues

• Confirmation of FFA Cup for 2014

• Retention of status as the no. 1 team sport played by Australians

• Renewal of free to air coverage of the W-League

Edited by Chicog

According to this http://www.topendsports.com/world/lists/popular-sport/countries/australia.htm it's the 5th most attended sport in Aus, so not that rare.

1 Australian Rules Football

2 Horse Racing

3 Rugby League

4 Motor Sports

5 Soccer (outdoor)

6 Cricket (outdoor)

7 Rugby Union

8 Harness Racing

9 Tennis (indoor and outdoor)

10 Dog racing

I thought number one was "beer shooting"

• Like 1

All true, then the old soak goes and writes an autobiography and slags off the players that made him great.

Quality.

His "slagging off" is a typical response of the jealous ABU,s out there-without any doubt he has been the greatest English football club manager ever,his crime was that the club is one of the greatest in the world also-not yours unfortunately as the bitterness is obvious-grow up.

awww come on Chooka,... what about the Socceroos?

There was even a song written about them if I recall correctly,... something about "Up there Cazaly"?

Yea you are right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxM8XB61ZvU&feature=player_detailpage

physically or athletically soccer with it's tippy tappy my little feet and oh don't touch me, as I will cry is a harder sport. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

post-122647-0-99532600-1393156793_thumb.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Quality.

His "slagging off" is a typical response of the jealous ABU,s out there-without any doubt he has been the greatest English football club manager ever,his crime was that the club is one of the greatest in the world also-not yours unfortunately as the bitterness is obvious-grow up.

Your opinion, but i doubt one held by a fair few of his players commented on in his book. Honestly, you lot barking on about jealous ABU's sounds so pathetic. All that silly acronym tells us all is how full of your own importance United fans are. Its so jumped up and self indulgent. Please go stick that silly childish acronym where the sun doesn't shinesmile.png

I'll add that, much to United fans' disappointment it seems everyone has always acknowledged the achievements of Ferguson. It does surprise me though why you feel we should also admire his foul mouthed bullying nature.

BTW, do you still believe Moysie's going to be a big success or are you beginning to understand what a monumental error of judgement it was appointing him? Take it from me, life in the Europa's no laughing matter!

Edited by carmine

Quality.

are you saying he didn't slag off some of the key players who helped bring in all those trophies?

how big is the chapter in his (latest) book about him selling manchester united's future down the river because of an argument about a few buckets of horse spunk?

How can you say appointing Moyes was an error of judgement? I think it was genius. ;-)

genius, like love or hero, much misused words. I don't think the word genius can be used for anyone in the world of sport,skilled certainly but other words also come to mind, brain dead,greedy, arrogant, alcoholic, drug abuse,inflated sense of importance etc.

How can you say appointing Moyes was an error of judgement? I think it was genius. ;-)

genius, like love or hero, much misused words. I don't think the word genius can be used for anyone in the world of sport,skilled certainly but other words also come to mind, brain dead,greedy, arrogant, alcoholic, drug abuse,inflated sense of importance etc.

Yes, the true definition of some words has been corrupted over time................a bit like correct punctuation and use of uppercase letters............. ;-)