Red-shirts force anti-govt singer to ditch Chiang Mai concert

webfact

Reds Force Anti-Govt Singer To Ditch Chiang Mai Concert
By Khaosod English

13933235161393323744l.jpg
Mr. Pongsak "Off" Rattanapong with anti-government protesters, February 2014

BANGKOK: -- A pop singer allied to the anti-government protest movements was forced to cancel his show in Chiang Mai province after Redshirts gathered at the concert venue.

Pongsak "Off" Rattanapong was due to give his performance at Paak Pong bar-and-restaurant in Mueang district last night, but a group of Redshirts led by a local activist arrived at the restaurant shortly before the show and voice their disagreement with Mr. Pongsak′s scheduled appearance.

The activist, Ms. Kanyapak Maneechak, said the Redshirts find it unacceptable that Mr. Pongsak has sided with the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) by helping PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban solicit for donations on 10 February.

Mr. Pongsak also appeared with PCAD leaders during their campaign to find donations for rice farmers affected by the rice-pledging scheme.

"Many of the Redshirts who used to support Off are very angry," Ms. Kanyapak said.

As they waited for Mr. Pongsak′s showtime, the Redshirts occupied a number of tables in the restaurant ordered food. At around 00.10, a restaurant manager announced that Mr. Pongsak has cancelled the show. The staff also placed a sign in front of the venue announcing the concert′s cancellation.

However, the Redshirts continued to eat and talk at the restaurant for a while to see whether Mr. Pongsak would show up. He did not. The Redshirts eventually paid their bills and peacefully dispersed from the restaurant.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU16TXlNelV4Tmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-25

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Red democracy again!

Side against my deity and we'll run you out! bah.gif

Absolutely. This is how the red gangs work. Those on this forum who continue to support the reds must be blind, demented or have no humanity whatsoever. To me it beggars belief that any right thinking person can support these thugs.

It doesn't have anything to do with democracy or not, it has to do with Suthep and his co-leaders calling the people of the north stupid and buffaloes. Then you expect these people to welcome your people with open arms and greet the with flowers? You guys are really living in a pink dream world.

This singer should have thought about the consequences before siding with Suthep. Remember the video the "celebrities" released telling the poor Thais to come join the street picnic and come shopping at Paragon?

Well, this is their answer.

It's amusing that red apologists go around calling Suthep and the PRDC 'thugs' and 'fascists' when their beloved and downtrodden red shirts are exhibiting even worse behavior, while still having the cheek to defend them.rolleyes.gif

Well no one can accuse these particular rouged northerns of not acting stupidly in this case.

Red democracy again!

Absolutely. This is how the red gangs work. Those on this forum who continue to support the reds must be blind, demented or have no humanity whatsoever. To me it beggars belief that any right thinking person can support these thugs.

It doesn't have anything to do with democracy or not, it has to do with Suthep and his co-leaders calling the people of the north stupid and buffaloes. Then you expect these people to welcome your people with open arms and greet the with flowers? You guys are really living in a pink dream world.

This singer should have thought about the consequences before siding with Suthep. Remember the video the "celebrities" released telling the poor Thais to come join the street picnic and come shopping at Paragon?

It's amusing that red apologists go around calling Suthep and the PRDC 'thugs' and 'fascists' when their beloved and downtrodden red shirts are exhibiting even worse behavior, while still having the cheek to defend them.rolleyes.gif

Where did I write fascist or thugs in my post?

I was talking about red apologists. You're not a red apologist are you? whistling.gif

• Like 2

" Mr. Pongsak also appeared with PCAD leaders during their campaign to find donations for rice farmers affected by the rice-pledging scheme. "

" Many of the Redshirts who used to support Off are very angry," Ms. Kanyapak said. "

Well, I suppose if donations for the farmers is not the " UDD way ", that might explain why the UDD prefers the method of simply blocking the farmers from traveling to Bangkok.

It's really too bad the farmers didn't know about the concert. They would have enthusiastically occupied every seat in the house, and probably really enjoyed the concert. The UDD would have done their sulking miles away, closer to their Protecting Democracy from Free Expression highway outlook posts.

• Like 2

I was talking about red apologists. You're not a red apologist are you? whistling.gif

Maybe you should stop trolling. This thread is about the concert, not about red, blue, pink or yellow apologists.

My post was on-topic but none of yours are. Stop it.

• Like 1

They were protesting against someone who was helping to gather donations to help the farmers.

They have really turned on their so called base support, farmers the backbone of PT.

Yes he was right to cancel.

The donations, on PRDC's own admission, were not to help the farmers. They were to pay PRDC lawyers to sue the government, there is a huge difference. Not that the people who gave the money were told what the real purpose was. Yes he was right to cancel and incredibly stupid to haved booked the gig in the first place. If he was trying make political capital out of it, he was incredibly naive.

• Like 1

Red democracy again!

Sounds like you are opposed to free speech. Why is the goon squad mentality so popular amongst red fanatics?

• Like 1

They were protesting against someone who was helping to gather donations to help the farmers.

They have really turned on their so called base support, farmers the backbone of PT.

The donations, on PRDC's own admission, were not to help the farmers. They were to pay PRDC lawyers to sue the government, there is a huge difference. Not that the people who gave the money were told what the real purpose was. Yes he was right to cancel and incredibly stupid to haved booked the gig in the first place. If he was trying make political capital out of it, he was incredibly naive.

Didn't you read the OP red ?

How was he trying to make political capital out of holding a concert for those who wanted to hear him.

It is the reds who have turned this into a political thing by forcing the cancellation of his show.

Reds who you still support regardless of their bloodthirsty cheering of the killing of children.

• Like 1

Red democracy again!

TVG, do you understand any of the hate speech coming of Suthep's stages ?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Red democracy again!

Side against my deity and we'll run you out! bah.gif alt=bah.gif>

I don't support the Redshirts and like the Shinawatra dynasty even less. But:

- I don't think people who support the Redshirst must be blind

- I don' think people who support the Redshirts must be demented and have no humanity

- I do think a "right thinking" person (I suppose meaning a "rational" person) could support them.

I do think that the polarizing language that you use above - as used by Redshirts and PDRC supporters also - is far more a cause of the problems than a solution to any of them.

• Like 1

Red democracy again!

Huh???????????

Was it not the PDRC who forced organisators to cancel a concert of Loso in Phuket a few weeks ago???????

Oh wait, I get your reasoning.

If the PDRC does it, it is OK.

If he RED shirts do it, it is RED democracy and it is not OK.

Very well said. Completely forgot about that.

I guess we won't see any more of their posts in this thread now that they're busted.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Phuket-loses-Seks-appeal-30223567.html

Phuket : Hundreds of angry anti-government protesters last night forced the organizers of the annual Phuket Red Cross Fair to cancel a live concert by Thai rock star Sek Loso, who was to perform the closing show at the fair, Phuket Gazette reported Monday.

Sek "Seksan Sukpimai" Loso was one of many Thai celebrities and singers who joined a publicity campaign calling on voters to cast their ballots at the upcoming February 2 election.

Edited by ShannonT
  • Like 1

How was he trying to make political capital out of holding a concert for those who wanted to hear him.

It is the reds who have turned this into a political thing by forcing the cancellation of his show.

So the singer wanted to make political capital by holding a concert ...but the red shirts turned it into a political thing?

So, in your opinion, the singer making political capital was not a political thing in the first place?

• Like 2

So the singer wanted to make political capital by holding a concert ...but the red shirts turned it into a political thing?

So, in your opinion, the singer making political capital was not a political thing in the first place?

Utter red stupidity again, twist and turn everything.

His concert in CM had nothing to do with politics....until the reds chose to politicize it.

The singer was stupid to support Suthep in the first place. I said weeks ago that all of these celebrities will end up ruining their careers by joining the "picnic" and the PDRC stages. Well, here is the first one. He ruined his entire career because he joined a politician fight. There are plenty of other Thai singers not stupid enough to join either side.

So because this singer has a belief that is different than yours his career should end? He is stupid for supporting something that he believes in, but you don't? Is that really fair? Should everyone have the same belief as you for them to be accepted.

I think the singer is courageous. I think everyone should have their own free will to support and chose who ever they want. That is called democracy. Freedom of expression, freedom of religion. Simply freedom.

I hope the red shirts see the error of their ways and understand that if they feel that it is because of Suthep they are doing this then they are just as bad as they purport Suthep to be.

I hope Thailand doesn't get to a point where before a concert security ask which political group you belong to. Is that democracy? Is that what we are trying to achieve in Thailand?

If you don't believe the same beliefs as me you can't sign here tonight.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1