Caretaker premier Yingluck says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

webfact

POLITICS
Caretaker premier says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker premier Yingluck Shinawatra on Friday insisted that as defence minister, she was ready to die on the democratic battlefield.

Yingluck stressed that as caretaker prime minister, she is the country's rule keeper of both country and its democratic principles and therefore any talks with rally leader Suthep Thaugsuban must be in line with democracy.

She was responding to an offer by Suthep to have a oneonone meeting with her in an attempt to end the deadlock of the ongoing political chaos. Suthep said the meeting would be broadcast live.

However Yingluck responded yesterday that Suthep must first end the protests and said more participants should be invited to the meeting.

"I'm also the defence minister meaning I'm like a soldier who has to do his duty until the last minute. A soldier has to keep the last stronghold and die on the battlefield. I will die in the democratic battlefield," she said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-28

• Like 2

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo Yingluck!

Thai PBS has made it a policy of making news out of FB posts...( Yawn) Guess there wasn't enough real news out there...

I'd be interested to know who really funds these "journalists". All their articles seem to be slanted. Oh, thats right - they are connected to the nation newspaper. now, who funds the nation newspaper? whistling.gif

• Like 2

I do believe her statement will inflame the red mob even more and increase their boldness if that is possible.

I agree. It's inflammatory. Fanning the flames of civil war. Some leader!

It is inflammatory designed by her script writers who are also the pay masters of the red shirt terror mob to incite more violence and outrage to improve their hand at the bargaining table. This is out of the IRA copy book. You must ramp out the atrocities so that people are sickened by seeing dead kids and women with both legs blown off before you go into negotiations. It always worked for them.

Poo is like a wind up toy. She has no ideas of her own. But spouting this dangerous nonsense might make her an assassination target as much as it ramps up violence in her family's favour. If she does end up like Seh Daeng, the journalists will have a field day regurgitating this and saying she got what she asked for.

Funny how we don't see articles about her using her feminine charm to disarm the opposition and how they were at a loss about to criticise a woman PM. Seems like 100 years ago now but it was only in 2011.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2