Court faults Abhisit over sacking of police chief

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is the time to go after Abhisit for his past crimes and poor decisions!

Justice delayed, is justice denied, but it is still justifiable for the people of Thailand to know the truth about this man!

Cheers

Or maybe they wand to be seens as no double standards

make a conviction again one side before they throw the book at Yingluck

you are so biased you can not see the ovbvious

• Like 1

The other paper has more detail than this.

Abhisit dismissed Patcharawat in 2009 after the NACC found him guilty of mishandling the 2008 protests. The Police Commission then decided that he wasn't guilty and that he should be reinstated.

I saw the same, so the writer seems to have deliberately left this out. ie Abhist sacked Patcharawat after he was found guilty by NACC and the his own Police Commission decided he was not guilty, and then he ( not the Police Commission ) requested that he be re-instated. I would think that following a NACC verdict would be the legal thing to do rather than the Police Commission. Maybe now NACC should lay charges against the Police Commission.

Sounds like Abhisit was following the orders of the NACC. I think the CAC should have filed charges against the NACC, not Abhisit. Crazy.

I hope there's never a Thai version of Cluedo because the answer every time will be Abhisit did it. rolleyes.gif

'The court ordered the former prime minister to have Patcharawat reinstated within 60 days after the final verdict is made.' And just how is he going to do that?

Isn't this is the most bizarre, surreal and unbelievable place you ever heard of. Hollywood couldn't come up with this stuff. How the f*** can he possible do what the courts ask of him. Things like this are the exact reason why I love this place so much.

• Like 1

'The court ordered the former prime minister to have Patcharawat reinstated within 60 days after the final verdict is made.' And just how is he going to do that?

He can ask Suthep to lend him his time machine, you know, the one he used to time travel to October 2013 (two months before the start of the protests) to stop the payments to rice farmers.

Justice delayed, is justice denied, but it is still justifiable for the people of Thailand to know the truth about this man!

Cheers

Here is another truth................

Santa Claus is not real.

Where is Abhisit these days? Like Santa he seems to have disappeared from the scene

Well he's a politician so normally one could expect to find him in parliament but since there isn't one right now he's not there. I' sure he's around somewhere just not in the news. Don't worry I'm sure he's OK.

As for Santa, up until recently he was still around up here in Isaan. Maybe they don't know it's bad luck to leave Christmas decorations up after Epiphany. Perhaps that's the cause of all the current problems.

kimamey, on 28 Feb 2014 - 17:12, said:

Does seem to have taken a long time.

Is this another of those courts we keep hearing about who are biased and corrupt in favour of the Democrats?

I see the NACC was involved as well. Maybe the red shirts attacking the NACC could add this to their list of biased decisions they're complaining about.

This one decision by the Central Administrative Court does not render the increasingly surreal judgements of the Constitution Court any more sensible nor any other individual court judgements less biased.

AleG, on 01 Mar 2014 - 03:22, said:
Jonmarleesco, on 01 Mar 2014 - 01:22, said:

He can ask Suthep to lend him his time machine, you know, the one he used to time travel to October 2013 (two months before the start of the protests) to stop the payments to rice farmers.

If you read sources other than the badly written OP you would have found out that the Police Commission had forwarded the resolution to abhisit (as he was chairman of the Police Commission), that the Police Chief be reinstated within 60 days, at that time i.e in 2008.

Abhisit didn't do this, so Patcharwarat filed admistrative charges against him in 2010.

The ever "speedy" (when it comes to decisions made against the favoured ones) Administrative Court then took around 4 years to find abhisit guilty of dereliction of duty.

kimamey, on 28 Feb 2014 - 17:12, said:

Is this another of those courts we keep hearing about who are biased and corrupt in favour of the Democrats?

I see the NACC was involved as well. Maybe the red shirts attacking the NACC could add this to their list of biased decisions they're complaining about.

This one decision by the Central Administrative Court does not render the increasingly surreal judgements of the Constitution Court any more sensible nor any other individual court judgements less biased.

Maybe not but it does show they aren't totally biased. Also it's one decision by the Central Administrative Court but not the only decision. The Dems attempt to get the election annulled was thrown out as well.

I seem to remember someone, possibly you saying that the court had decided the charges against Abhisit and Suthep could be taken to court although I did question if that was the Attorney General rather than the court. If it was the court then that's another one. If that's the case then based on what I've read then that would seem surreal as well since no mention is made of the army who fired the shots.

I'm pretty certain the Attorney General has been accused of bias towards the government and Tarit of the DSI has admitted to his lack of independence.

There may have been strange results before but it has to be said that there are many on this forum, although not usually you that seem to base their views on the independence of the courts and other bodies entirely on whether the decision meets their requirements. No reason for their view, just the courts are biased.

As I've said before if there is bias then it needs to be corrected but it can't be done by the PTP or the courts will end up like family reunions. Maybe I'm wrong about this but I haven't heard about any plans by the PTP to tackle this. It's only now that the redshirts outside the NCCA have said it needs reform although I doubt the intention is to make it anything other than favourable to them. I've not heard the caretaker government who would seem to be the main victims say these courts and bodies need reform. Why not? Maybe they think that if everything was balanced including those bodies on their side they would lose out.

It's not clear that the NACC were supporting Patcharawat in this case. Though it's widely believed the NACC and Constitutional Court are biased, I'd prefer to look at their decisions on a case by case basis and decide for myself based on whatever evidence is available as to whether the decision makes sense on its own merits. And it's clear that some of their decisions have been strange or seemingly without legal basis, so you can see why people would assume these agencies and courts are working in concert against their side... of course, that means when they make a fair decision against PT, people can claim it's just the biased courts again, when really they should be castigating their own leadership for being so corrupt/stupid (i.e. in the NACC cases against the govt, not sure about the one against YL, but other ministers have profited from corruption).

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isn't that what you complain about with the way Thaksin's crimes were investigated?

They normally don't like to talk about that, as all the charges against Thaksin are in the eyes of The Thai Rouge, politically motivated.

Still waiting for a proper investigation on Tak Bae and the War on Drugs, that would be a good start. Then they can get cracking on all the other abuses of power under the TRT Regime.

How many times do we have to rehash the government intervention against the narco terrorists? There have been multiple investigations of the period, including an in depth review by the Abhisit government, which would have nailed Thaksin if it could have. Whole regions of Thailand had come under the control of the drug cartels. Yes, there were innocent people killed. Yes, there were some dead people. That's what happens when the drug cartels move in. Look at Mexico, Panama, Honduras, and Columbia if if you need examples from the pasty 30 years. The continued claims of a conspiracy by the government of that period are unsubstantiated and have been rejected by every review. What more do you want?

Are you suggesting that around 2,500 Thai people including women and children didn't die?

Are you suggesting that the whole think never happened?

Perhaps this is a bit like yinkluck's statement that food etc., prices were not rising, it's just your imagination.

You don't think he is suggesting that past Presidents in Mexico were calling into drug cartel meetings with suggestions do you.

The thing I can't understand is it has taken the government two and a half years to come up with that decision. I would have thought the way they were out putting up trumped up charges they would have done that in their first week.

The other paper has more detail than this.

Abhisit dismissed Patcharawat in 2009 after the NACC found him guilty of mishandling the 2008 protests. The Police Commission then decided that he wasn't guilty and that he should be reinstated.

I saw the same, so the writer seems to have deliberately left this out. ie Abhist sacked Patcharawat after he was found guilty by NACC and the his own Police Commission decided he was not guilty, and then he ( not the Police Commission ) requested that he be re-instated. I would think that following a NACC verdict would be the legal thing to do rather than the Police Commission. Maybe now NACC should lay charges against the Police Commission.

Sounds like Abhisit was following the orders of the NACC. I think the CAC should have filed charges against the NACC, not Abhisit. Crazy.

I hope there's never a Thai version of Cluedo because the answer every time will be Abhisit did it. rolleyes.gif

And Chalerm will always be the one who solves it.

Of course they acquitted him, nothing else could be expected from the Yellow courts and their elite coup mongering puppet masters with their double standards and their...huh? what's that? the court ruled against Abhisit?

Oh, never mind then.

they had no choice because the Police Commision made the decision - delayed verdict for years - so yellow is as yellow does

Edited by binjalin

Of course they acquitted him, nothing else could be expected from the Yellow courts and their elite coup mongering puppet masters with their double standards and their...huh? what's that? the court ruled against Abhisit?

Oh, never mind then.

are you clear it was the Police Commission not a Court?

You are quite right. The Police Commission is not a court.

But is was a court that ruled against Abhisit.

"The Central Administrative Court ruled yesterday that former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's order in 2009"

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cheers

Here is another truth................

Santa Claus is not real.

"Justice delayed, is justice denied" To be fair / to be balanced perhaps you'd like to add that the paymaster is the ultimate worst example of all and hardly a role model which all leaders should be.

Edited by scorecard

And Chalerm will always be the one who solves it.

But did he use a ping-pong bomb, a sniper-rifle, a hand-clapper or a fountain-pen ? rolleyes.gif

I wonder what, after all this time, the police chief himself would wish for ?

Cheers

Clearly the "truth" is tainted by those in power... We like to know the truth about Patcharawat.

Of course the Police Commission did not find one of their own guilty. It's like asking a military unit if their boss did the wrong thing.

Cheers.

"The court ordered the former prime minister to have Patcharawat reinstated within 60 days after the final verdict is made."

now this is an interesting order. how would a former-PM, former-MP and currently no MP go forward to do such thing?

rubl, on 02 Mar 2014 - 19:21, said:

"The court ordered the former prime minister to have Patcharawat reinstated within 60 days after the final verdict is made."

now this is an interesting order. how would a former-PM, former-MP and currently no MP go forward to do such thing?

Sigh. Read this rubl

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/707780-court-faults-abhisit-over-sacking-of-police-chief/?p=7508664

Cheers

Isn't that what you complain about with the way Thaksin's crimes were investigated?

There you go spreading or misrepresenting the facts!

I dare you to document any post of mine that has "complained about the way Thaksin crimes were investigated" you can't as I have never complained about any investigation of him, I have never been a supporter of Thaksin as I do not much care for him, personally!

I support the PM of Thailand Yingluck Shinawatra and the PTP, I do find that Thaksin passed some great programs that greatly aided the common people of the country, most of his programs yes!

It is my opinion even that the Amnesty bill was a great mistake that should be dropped completely.

You will never be able to document your statements! As I know as well as you know I caught you posting an untruth.

Thank you, that made my day!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Sigh. Read this rubl

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/707780-court-faults-abhisit-over-sacking-of-police-chief/?p=7508664

Yes, but I think that anybody will a brain will realize Abhisit is not in a position to to reappoint this person.

This order seems totally unenforceable, apart from Abhisit not holding office that would allow him to do reinstate this person, would it not mean having to sack the incumbent holder of this position? would that also be wrong?

It would be more appropriate to instruct Abhisit to pay this guy compensation for wrongful dismissal, but I am sided to think Abhisit took advice on this from others, it is an action he got wrong.

Cheers

I dare you to document any post of mine that has "complained about the way Thaksin crimes were investigated" you can't as I have never complained about any investigation of him, I have never been a supporter of Thaksin as I do not much care for him, personally!

I support the PM of Thailand Yingluck Shinawatra and the PTP, I do find that Thaksin passed some great programs that greatly aided the common people of the country, most of his programs yes!

It is my opinion even that the Amnesty bill was a great mistake that should be dropped completely.

You will never be able to document your statements! As I know as well as you know I caught you posting an untruth.

Cheers

Sorry to ruin your day, but that wasn't a statement or an "untruth". It was a question.

Cheers

Cheers

Sorry to ruin your day, but that wasn't a statement or an "untruth". It was a question.

Your stated a leading statement trying to provoke a irrational response, you were trying to dignify an assumption of yours,Re: since I backed the PTP, you assumed I was a Thaksin fan, and posted your "untruth" you were wrong!

You can never take away that it "made my day feeling"!.

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Sigh. Read this rubl

Deep, very deep sigh.

The "to find abhisit guilty of dereliction of duty." is your interpretation. Also it still doesn't answer my question as to how k. Abhisit is supposed to proceed in order to comply with the Central Administrative Court's order.

It's not clear that the NACC were supporting Patcharawat in this case. Though it's widely believed the NACC and Constitutional Court are biased, I'd prefer to look at their decisions on a case by case basis and decide for myself based on whatever evidence is available as to whether the decision makes sense on its own merits. And it's clear that some of their decisions have been strange or seemingly without legal basis, so you can see why people would assume these agencies and courts are working in concert against their side... of course, that means when they make a fair decision against PT, people can claim it's just the biased courts again, when really they should be castigating their own leadership for being so corrupt/stupid (i.e. in the NACC cases against the govt, not sure about the one against YL, but other ministers have profited from corruption).

The usual zigzagging along.

I'ts not clear (to you). Widely believed, I prefer to, It's clear.

Anyway what isn't clear is how k. Abhisit could possibly proceed with this CAC order. I don't think private persons are allowed to re-instate a National Police Chief, apart from the fact that we already have one again. Does the court recommend demotion of the current one?

Your stated a leading statement trying to provoke a irrational response, you were trying to dignify an assumption of yours,Re: since I backed the PTP, you assumed I was a Thaksin fan, and posted your "untruth" you were wrong!

You can never take away that it "made my day feeling"!.

Cheers

So, since you're is such a good mood now, could you explain what you meant with

"Now is the time to go after Abhisit for his past crimes and poor decisions!

Justice delayed, is justice denied, but it is still justifiable for the people of Thailand to know the truth about this man!"

and how that obviously doesn't conflict with hunting down poor misunderstood big brother?