Army warns defiant hardcore red-shirt leader Kotee

webfact

Army warns defiant hardcore red-shirt leader Kotee

211310-imagepng-321808-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Army yesterday warned a hardcore red-shirt leader in Pathum Thani for making defiant and aggressive remark threatening the lives of two army generals on a community radio live broadcast.

The threat was made by Pathum Thani red-shirt leader and radio host Wuthipong Kachathamakun, better known as Kotee, on a community radio station urging red-shirt people to capture two army division commanders.

In the radio broadcast, Kotee reportedly said in a red-shirt radio program that he would mobilize followers to capture Maj Gen Wara Boonyasit, commander of the First Division of the Royal Guards, and Col Songwit Noonpakdi, commander of the 11th Infantry Regiment.

His defiant message was spread across the social media.

In a retaliation to Kotee’s threat, Army deputy spokesman Col Winthai Suwaree said “his remarks encourage others to commit legal offences, intimidate others’ freedom through advertising. His action is inappropriate and aggressive.”

Col Winthai said the army would seek the maximum legal punishment over Kotee’s intimidation and would ask police to expedite the investigation into his alleged involvement in all violent incidents related to the ongoing anti-government protests, including the skirmishes at Laksi intersection on Feb 1.

The colonel said that Army would deal all necessary mean through legal channels to convict him.

Kotee earlier denied he was involved in the Laksi skirmishes.

He also claimed Army Chief Prayuth Chan-ocha had ordered he be killed before the election the next day, and so he fled to Cambodia.

The army rejected Kotee’s “kill order” claim and ordered him to stop accusing Gen Prayuth or face criminal charges.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/army-warns-defiant-hardcore-red-shirt-leader-kotee/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-03

• Like 1

The police aren't going to do anything to 'investigate' Kotee. They're just going to protect their own as usual. If he however continues with his threats, the army is just going to invite him for tea at Army HQ. I don't think he's going to like that. clap2.gif

• Like 2

Khun Kotte, another clown added to my book of invalids.

He better go back to Cambodia, or Dubai, his master is awaiting for him with open hands.

I am sure he is bitterly worried about being your book

In a retaliation to Kotee’s threat, Army deputy spokesman Col Winthai Suwaree said “his remarks encourage others to commit legal offences, intimidate others’ freedom through advertising. His action is inappropriate and aggressive.”

Hmmmmmmmmm...............

Where did I read this before???????????

SUTHEP calling everybody to hunt the PM and the Shinawatra's family members and kidnap them???????

tsk tsk tsk tsk

The army really chose 1 side, yellow and the Dem's.

Ah but the key difference is dear YK and her band of merry thieves doesn't have direct access to tanks and lots of soldiers equipped with assault rifles

• Like 2

There aren't that many more stupid things an high profile person can say in Thai public than what this guy has proposes. Kidnapping two Thai generals is a sure fire way to bring one's self into harms way. I am sure the generals' loyal troops would be only to happy to deal with such individuals. The Thai military justice way.

Col Winthai is very correct into asking for this redneck to be investigated , there seems no end to the amount of threats people can spit out without being punished in Thailand , in a democracy you need to be very careful in what you say, in Thailand anything go's , it is the failing of the police in there duty to up hold the law that brings it all about , the laws are there but no one applies them , it is a sorry state of affairs when a man of Col Winthai stature has to stand up and literally tell the police how to do there job. bah.gif

The police aren't going to do anything to 'investigate' Kotee. They're just going to protect their own as usual. If he however continues with his threats, the army is just going to invite him for tea at Army HQ. I don't think he's going to like that. clap2.gif

He might politely decline as he might not be a tea drinker rolleyes.gif

Very interesting to note just how often Cambodia figures in these peoples escape route.

One wonders if the fact that Thaksin is so friendly with his fellow despot and tyrant Hun Sen might have anything to do with ease of access to Cambodia and perchance the honing of skills to create civil disorder?

Birds of the feather all flock together.

"Any friend of my mate Thaksin...is a friend of mine and welcome here....just bring cash !...."

Regards, Hun Sen

Red shirt radio is more extreme that anyone really imagines. For years, the worst kinds of things are found on their programmes, the most fictional distortions, and conspiracy theories abounds. It is meant to get people riled up, and incitements to violence is one of the things that creep up from time to time on these stations. If people engineer such programmes, they ought to be held accountable for what they do. It is right that incitement to violence be viewed as the illegal expression that it is.

Correct....quite often sit in a Taxi in BKK and the radio's blaring red garbage....similar to the old communist regime mind bending techniques...!

These red shirt chappies are not the sharpest knives in the drawer are they ?.....threatening senior army personnel , he might get a little visit from a special forces team for a chat

But as usual the cowards then flee across the border.

This bloke has been mentioned a lot over the last month regarding his hardline attitude and propensity for violence. Obviously been trained well inte The Redducation camps.

Plenty of downright idiots on each side, I think they are probably running neck and neck at the moment.

Sorry, I am sure the Reds are way ahead on that scoreboard. Shooting up an old ladies house because her daughter blew a whistle at the ex Mrs TS. Celebrating the deaths of 4 children on a stage, with TV cameras present. Setting up recruiting offices for the "red army" if it is really true. (I almost doubt that one actually, it's sooooooo stupid) Etc etc. Some of the BKK protesters have not made the brightest decisions in some instances but they pale in comparison with the geniuses Mr T supports and has as his supporters. Actually splitting the north off as a separate republic would have some advantages as long as all the nut jobs went there as part of the deal, and stayed there, but it just never gonna happen.

• Like 1

He might politely decline as he might not be a tea drinker rolleyes.gif

I believe Kool Aid is his preferred tipple

Plenty of downright idiots on each side, I think they are probably running neck and neck at the moment.

You're right

But I bet I can name many on the scarlet side - and quite a few from the south.... Strangely enough

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How many times has that Ko Tee character run away ? must be quite a few now.

A real coward who is so brave when well away from trouble but at the first sign anything happening he leaves his faithful followers and runs.

Very interesting to note just how often Cambodia figures in these peoples escape route.

One wonders if the fact that Thaksin is so friendly with his fellow despot and tyrant Hun Sen might have anything to do with ease of access to Cambodia and perchance the honing of skills to create civil disorder?

Birds of the feather all flock together.

Yes, one of Thaksin's closest allies.... Cambodia, who are listed as about twice as corrupt as Thailand.... go figure Red Shirt sympathisers.