Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

The fact that not a single piece of debris from the plane has washed up on a beach - any beach - anywhere - suggests to me the plane did not crash in the sea.

Either it crashed in a very remote area of land or .... it did not crash...

There lies the mystery.

-snip-

The possibility of it being hijacked and flown to the southern ocean seems unlikely to me because the hijacker would have to have quite a degree of knowledge and skill to keep it in the air. The autopilot can fly it, but it needs to be programmed by somebody.

The pilot could be the answer. He was very unhappy with Malaysia. I don't buy anything about any pings or Immarsat. The stories are too nebulous. That would explain why he didn't immediately crash it or do a 9/11 somewhere.

I don't have a clue what happened, but I do have a problem with the total absence of any debris all of this time.

And no, I don't think it's humanly possible to land it in rough sea at night without breaking it. Night flying is a different learning curve that every pilot has to learn, and even then it isn't easy. When you look down everything just looks black except for any lights on the surface.

You do know that tin foil hat you are wearing actually increases the mind control signals. It's a trick.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The pilot could be the answer. He was very unhappy with Malaysia. I don't buy anything about any pings or Immarsat. The stories are too nebulous. That would explain why he didn't immediately crash it or do a 9/11 somewhere.

I don't have a clue what happened, but I do have a problem with the total absence of any debris all of this time.

And no, I don't think it's humanly possible to land it in rough sea at night without breaking it. Night flying is a different learning curve that every pilot has to learn, and even then it isn't easy. When you look down everything just looks black except for any lights on the surface.

You 'don't buy anything about any pings or Immarsat' because it was a clever English firm with brilliant staff that sussed it out or you don't understand the technology behind it?

Chaps, the thing when straight down and is lying on the bottom of the ocean. There would likely be no debris if it went straight in. The wings on these jets with head-on forces are super strong -- anyone remember the Ethiopian airliner that was highjacked, ran out of fuel and put down nearshore? The left wing dipped first, caught a reef and cartwheeled the entire aircraft as opposed to tearing off.

With this 'accident' the motors would have been torn off but they too would sink without trace. Windows would have imploded equalizing pressure, but not much gets through them. And bearing in mind that remote spot is massive and it was a while before anyone started looking down there.

You 'don't buy anything about any pings or Immarsat' because it was a clever English firm with brilliant staff that sussed it out or you don't understand the technology behind it?

Chaps, the thing when straight down and is lying on the bottom of the ocean. There would likely be no debris if it went straight in. The wings on these jets with head-on forces are super strong -- anyone remember the Ethiopian airliner that was highjacked, ran out of fuel and put down nearshore? The left wing dipped first, caught a reef and cartwheeled the entire aircraft as opposed to tearing off.

With this 'accident' the motors would have been torn off but they too would sink without trace. Windows would have imploded equalizing pressure, but not much gets through them. And bearing in mind that remote spot is massive and it was a while before anyone started looking down there.

I am always very anti-conspiracy theorists but you have to admit that there are a lot of strange things about this whole event, and not just the usual ambiguities and questions based on the slow release of info from governments or the release of wrong info from news outlets that are trying to get the story first, I mean things like the passengers phones still ringing or being logged into IM services for a day or more after the plane went missing. The videos of relatives calling the phones and showing the passengers online were released on various media sites before the conspiracy claims even started.

How did the plane fly for 8 hours in the opposite direction of it's destination before crashing into the ocean off of Australia when it was headed for China?? How and why were all of the tracking beacons turned off?

I think like most people, until I can believe some definite proof about what happened then I'm going to keep an open mind about this because the official explanation of events does not seem to make sense.

And the Ethiopian 961 flight was ditched into the sea during an attempted landing. It did not fall out of the sky into the ocean from 30,000ft after running out of fuel.

Fuel ran out a short distance from the airport at Grande Comore, and the crew attempted a ditching in the sea. Hijackers attacked the pilots physically as they attempted to land in the water, resulting in a catastrophic ditching that killed 125 of the 175 people on board.

But then we don't know if MH370 did fall out of the sky from 30,000ft, or even which hemisphere it was in, or even if it did crash for sure. The truth is, as readers, we pretty much know about as much of the fate of this aircraft as we did as the first new report that plane was first reported as missing and presumed crashed into the ocean.

192 pages and you still haven't worked out where the plane went ?

Me??

You mean the Diego Garcia theory?

No, I'm just stirring, all this effort and still nothing. Don't feel bad about it Pprune has in excess of 550 pages and their pretty much the same as here !

Wonder if someone could pump all the water out of the Indian Ocean (even just the southern part) and see if it's there?

According to the Aussies nothing from the pings and looks like seacrh was in wrong place.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-stricken-jets-final-resting-place-is-not-in-indian-ocean-search-zone-admit-officials-9450209.html

All quiet otherwise is anybody searching anywhere?

192 pages and you still haven't worked out where the plane went ?

Me??

You mean the Diego Garcia theory?

No, I'm just stirring, all this effort and still nothing. Don't feel bad about it Pprune has in excess of 550 pages and their pretty much the same as here !

Wonder if someone could pump all the water out of the Indian Ocean (even just the southern part) and see if it's there?

Away a while despite like most of us following reports at the time have you solved it neverdie I didn't see that post,bomb,hijack,dago garcia,rocket please enlighten us

According to the Aussies nothing from the pings and looks like seacrh was in wrong place.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-stricken-jets-final-resting-place-is-not-in-indian-ocean-search-zone-admit-officials-9450209.html

A bit late in the day to decide the pings were not genuine?

I wonder why?

I wonder how the victims feel about this when they're being told that the pings were not genuine, this will continue to be a mystery for years to come.

They completely abandoned the search for those hundreds of floating objects a few satellites had spotted, and moved everything to the last search area. Now, that last search area has drawn a complete blank. Why again did they give up on the floating objects for a new area?

As I read it, they still believe that it's in the southern Indian Ocean, but just not where they thought pings were heard. The search area is now considerably enlarged to a corridor almost 1000 kms long.

I think the floating objects were discounted as not being from the aircraft Carmine6, and too long had elapsed for any wreckage to have been even close to where it was thought to have ditched/crashed. Currents would have taken it thousands of Kms away.

If it broke up on contact with the water, wreckage will be washing up somewhere, and it 's just a matter of finding it, but it may not tell any story, no more than that the aircraft broke up on impact.

The finding of wreckage would at least confirm that it has crashed though, and so far that's only been assumed, albeit fairly reliably it would seem, with information transmitted to the engine manufacturer that the engines had suffered fuel exhaustion abeam Geraldton. If that's the case, it should be within a radius of about 140 nautical miles (270 Kms approx) of that point if it had been at 35000 feet, more or less if the altitude was greater or lesser.

Edited by F4UCorsair

With today's technology and with spying on a global scale I find it difficult to,believe we don't know where MH370 is. The plane was fitted with technology that allowed remote flying as most commercial aircraft do these days. Planes can be flown remotely- operated from ground stations - in the event of high jacking. 9/11 saw this technology introduced to commercial aircraft.

The plane apparently flew close to US air bases near Thailand which means they would have tracked it but the US military have remained fairly quiet throughout. My understanding is that MH 370 flew close to the area that was conducting military trials at the time. And it wasn't tracked?

Something is amiss and it could be years before the truth is revealed, if ever. It is also interesting that in Australia's latest budget they have allocated a few million dollars for the search for MH370 OVER THE NEXT 2 YEARS! Strange that we think we will still be searching for the next 2 years.

The constant flow of misinformation, statements made, retracted, denied, etc, fuels the idea that there is a dark truth behind the disappearance of MH370. The pilot suicide theory that is constantly being bandied about falls apart when they also say that the pilot navigated the plane for hours, via a complicated course. This is not the action of a person committing suicide.

Those who know the truth will not be coming forward. Actions taken against Manning and Snowden show that whistleblowers are punished to the highest degree.

Don't expect answers anytime soon.

Sifting the ocean for the next 2 years...

...will be like the gold hunters of the 1800's, sifting the extensive riverbed mud sand and rocks with their pans and wire gauze.

The gold hunters back then often went home empty handed, and now, after 150 years, some weekend gold-panner chances upon a little fleck here and there.

In the same place that everyone else has been sifting...

As I read it, they still believe that it's in the southern Indian Ocean, but just not where they thought pings were heard. The search area is now considerably enlarged to a corridor almost 1000 kms long.

I think the floating objects were discounted as not being from the aircraft Carmine6, and too long had elapsed for any wreckage to have been even close to where it was thought to have ditched/crashed. Currents would have taken it thousands of Kms away.

If it broke up on contact with the water, wreckage will be washing up somewhere, and it 's just a matter of finding it, but it may not tell any story, no more than that the aircraft broke up on impact.

The finding of wreckage would at least confirm that it has crashed though, and so far that's only been assumed, albeit fairly reliably it would seem, with information transmitted to the engine manufacturer that the engines had suffered fuel exhaustion abeam Geraldton. If that's the case, it should be within a radius of about 140 nautical miles (270 Kms approx) of that point if it had been at 35000 feet, more or less if the altitude was greater or lesser.

Yes, and that areas with the floating objects were in fact over 1,000 km away from the final search area. They obviously dismissed them, but as I posted before, they did so without seeming to have actually searched those particular areas. The stories about the French and Thai satellite discoveries were I think less than a day before they announced the entire search was moving. It was a few days after the photos were taken, but the satellites photos have to be looked at so there is unlikely to have been an actual search for the items for those particular items. If I recall there was another satellite with a bunch of objects a bit before.

With today's technology and with spying on a global scale I find it difficult to,believe we don't know where MH370 is. The plane was fitted with technology that allowed remote flying as most commercial aircraft do these days. Planes can be flown remotely- operated from ground stations - in the event of high jacking. 9/11 saw this technology introduced to commercial aircraft.

The plane apparently flew close to US air bases near Thailand which means they would have tracked it but the US military have remained fairly quiet throughout. My understanding is that MH 370 flew close to the area that was conducting military trials at the time. And it wasn't tracked?

Something is amiss and it could be years before the truth is revealed, if ever. It is also interesting that in Australia's latest budget they have allocated a few million dollars for the search for MH370 OVER THE NEXT 2 YEARS! Strange that we think we will still be searching for the next 2 years.

The constant flow of misinformation, statements made, retracted, denied, etc, fuels the idea that there is a dark truth behind the disappearance of MH370. The pilot suicide theory that is constantly being bandied about falls apart when they also say that the pilot navigated the plane for hours, via a complicated course. This is not the action of a person committing suicide.

Those who know the truth will not be coming forward. Actions taken against Manning and Snowden show that whistleblowers are punished to the highest degree.

I'm assuming this is true, in which case I have some sympathy for these views.

Military 'accident' or intervention would not surprise me.

Here we go again...

I'm not a great fan of Diego Garcia theory,.... but military involvement still remains a possibility unless I am mistaken?

Please correct me if this is not the case.

Btw. I am not pointing fingers at US military malicious culpability.

The pilot suicide theory that is constantly being bandied about falls apart when they also say that the pilot navigated the plane for hours, via a complicated course. This is not the action of a person committing suicide.

We don't know if it was 'complicated course.' Once a person deliberately kills everyone but himself (if that happened), then any parameters for 'normal or expected behavior' are out the window. People do extreme things in extreme situations. If it's physically possible to do something unusual, it's probably been done by someone, somewhere.

Before Patty Hearst robbed a bank holding a tommy gun, by allying herself with Black-Power extremists ...who would have thought it possible for a super-rich white girl to do such a thing?

Something that I have pondered with about the pilot suicide theory:

Given the timing of events would the pilot have had sufficient time to plan his course of action?

Anwar court case was 24 hrs before the disappearance I think?

Looks like the pilot went to great lengths to hide flight path and leave no footprint.

So, more like planned premeditation than an irrational knee-jerk reaction by a guy who was mentally unbalanced?

Suicide does not exclude premeditation. He likely flew the route regularly and could have been planning for a long time. I doubt if the trial of Anwar was a big enough item to trigger such an extreme course of events. If it were a suicide there was likely a complex combination of things torturing his mind. The trial perhaps being the last straw.

Suicide does not exclude premeditation. He likely flew the route regularly and could have been planning for a long time. I doubt if the trial of Anwar was a big enough item to trigger such an extreme course of events. If it were a suicide there was likely a complex combination of things torturing his mind. The trial perhaps being the last straw.

Fair points.

Understood, thanks.

I wonder why?

The article in the Independent is very misleading. It very coyly states factual things while giving the reader a different thought. The article says. " The Indian Ocean search area where "pings" were heard in the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is not the final resting place of the lost Boeing 777, officials have confirmed." It does not say that they have searched all of the areas from which the pings were believed to have come.

This was based on the JACC statemnent. The JACC did NOT make a statement that the "search was in the wrong place" nor did they say that "the pings were not genuine". In fact: "The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) has advised that the search in the vicinity of the acoustic detections can now be considered complete and in its professional judgement, the area can now be discounted as the final resting place of MH370." This statement means that MH370 is not in the area which Bluefin 21 searched, and that their search of this area is complete. It does not say that they searched the entire ping area (due to depth), nor that they have ruled out adjacent deeper areas.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/may/mr048.aspx

Everyone is being very careful to ensure that their backside is covered.

Edited by tigermonkey

Your statement alludes to suicide being very complex and not obvious to the outside observer. Why then, do you conclude that the Captain was the only one capable of suicude ?

I wonder why?

The article in the Independent is very misleading. It very coyly states factual things while giving the reader a different thought. The article says. " The Indian Ocean search area where "pings" were heard in the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is not the final resting place of the lost Boeing 777, officials have confirmed." It does not say that they have searched all of the areas from which the pings were believed to have come.

This was based on the JACC statemnent. The JACC did NOT make a statement that the "search was in the wrong place" nor did they say that "the pings were not genuine". In fact: "The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) has advised that the search in the vicinity of the acoustic detections can now be considered complete and in its professional judgement, the area can now be discounted as the final resting place of MH370." This statement means that MH370 is not in the area which Bluefin 21 searched, and that their search of this area is complete. It does not say that they searched the entire ping area (due to depth), nor that they have ruled out adjacent deeper areas.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/may/mr048.aspx

Everyone is being very careful to ensure that their backside is covered.

Yep.

JACC media releases are the public voice of the search team.

Just like Xinhua is the voice of the CCP-PRC. smile.png

I found this quite interesting. Previously posted by coma.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn....D0cTFo0FRIiM.99

Rogue pings? facepalm.gif

Garbage in, garbage out.

Your statement alludes to suicide being very complex and not obvious to the outside observer. Why then, do you conclude that the Captain was the only one capable of suicude ?

Because anybody else apart from the pilot or co-pilot would have been a hijacker or a mass murderer?

Or is that your point?

Because anybody else apart from the pilot or co-pilot would have been a hijacker or a mass murderer?

Or is that your point?

Just commenting on the presumption that it was the pilot and not the co-pilot.

I am awe struck by the size of the area that they are now looking at . The Chinese survey ship Zhekezhen has been tasked by the JACC to do a bathymetric study ( ocean bottom mapping) for three months over an area of 60, 000 sq km. This compares with the area searched by Bluefin of 850 sq km . Presumably this is an area to both sides of the Inmarset arc ( or perhaps more than one arc ?). In any case, the area is huge and really says that they are still looking for the haystack. .