• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^Lower than what and what difference would that make in the real world?

CBR 150 R has a DOHC 4 stroke 150cc Liquid cooled engine which produces 17.6 ps at 10500 rpm and 12.66nm of torque at 8500 rpm.

Yamaha uses a SOHC 4 stroke liquid cooled 150cc engine on the R15 which produces 17ps at 8500 rpm and 15 nm of torque at 7500 rpm. Unlike the CBR the square engine on the R15 produces ample amounts of torque at low revs. It needs lesser clutch and throttle effort to pull away cleanly from a dead stop. The low end torque is enough to putter around in city stop go traffic from rpm as low as 2000 in second gear. Mid range is also better on the R15.

http://throttlers.net/ride/2012/04/30/comparison-honda-cbr-150-r-vs-yamaha-yzf-r15-v2-0/

Edited by VocalNeal

The R25 seems to have more of a 2-stroke power delivery which is a plus for me.

Exactly as small bike should be right Neal ;)

Small bikes are all about rowing the gearbox staying on the pipe/powerband

I like that too

pity it is coming with a SOHC. it means a dead top end although more low end torque.

I expect a better top end and more revs from a small single cylinder sport bike like Honda cbr150 is reaching 11,500 rpm with its DOHC engine.

Also Yamaha engine has an undersquare 57*58.7 mm bore stroke ratio which means it means it is not revvy in nature. Honda in the meantime has a revvier 63.4*47.2 oversquare engine.

I wa out on Prahoyutin road this afternoon and they were showing the Yamaha R15, you could have a test run on it and they seemed to be selling them like hot cakes. 88,000 Baht OTR, was going back for a test run, but then the heavens opened,that, and the fact it only puts out 17BHP put me off. In 1982 I bought myself A Honda CB125 twin which made 16.5BHP, not a lot to show for 30 odd years of progress..post-62332-0-94473600-1403435990_thumb.j

• Like 1

That is a good pic

While I agree a 125@17hp is nothing to write home about

& close to half the hp of 20-30 years ago

That pic you posted is pretty tidy looking package

Will fit in good for those use to the Honda 150