Smoking on Nok Air

Sirius1935

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For the second time this year I have suffered badly from cigarette smoke from the Flight Deck.

I hope you didn't spend too much time in hospital from this incident.

How many others were taken ill ? Were there any deaths related to this incident ?

Give the guy a break, he might be asthmatic or something.

I come from a family where 2 siblings, who never personally smoked, died from second hand smoke. I support the OP.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've used Nok Air many times, flying to Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani and a few other places. Personally I think they're the best of the Thai budget carriers but somehow people can still find things to complain about!

I also fly NOK regularly (I don't use the others because their schedules don't suit my meeting times).

Currently, at the two airports I use there is scant to zero checking of ID cards and passports by the NOK gate staff.

A week ago an older Thai lady challenged the gate staff, their on the spot supervisor chimed in 'it's not needed in Thailand'. Passenger responded with a quick summary re the 2 passengers on the Malaysian flight travelling on stolen passports. Supervisor replied, 'that's impossible to happen in Thailand'

Calling their hotline to complain is a total waste of time.

For the second time this year I have suffered badly from cigarette smoke from the Flight Deck.

How many others were taken ill ? Were there any deaths related to this incident ?

laugh.png

The pilot smoked in his closed room a cigarette....yes that sounds like a real dangerous situation.......yesterday I saw a taxi driver who didn't use a the safety belt ...where I can report that?

Taxi drivers are exempt from seat belt rules.

So you condone a pilot smoking on an airplane ?

I am not familiar with aviation rules but I doubt that smoking anywhere on a plane by the pilot, passengers or God Almighty Himself.

Am I the only one who supports the OP in highlighting this apparent breach of airline safety.

I am not sure God would appreciate you putting the no-smoking lobby above him, although I have met some who seem to think they are.

• Like 1

After using Air Asia since their inception, I've tried Nok Air for my last three flights. It was generally a good experience. However, this is a thread worth making me reconsider. I put up with bus drivers who smoke in Thailand because I usually don't have a choice of other buses on a route. However, I will certainly look for other competing airlines on Nok's routes, if any. Besides being allergic to cigarette smoke, the safety angle certainly bothers me.

• Like 1

Online feedback can be lodged at the following Nok Air web page:

http://www.nokair.com/contents/nok_care/contact_nokair/en-US/index.html

I sent a message saying that I am concerned about reports of pilots smoking in the cockpit, and referenced this TV thread. I informed them that I am suspending any further use of their airline until I can have feedback from them, verifying the truth/untruth of these reports. I cited airline safety as my main concern. One can hope that it can serve as a heads-up, if the airline has a Customer Service mentality.

I encourage other Nok customers to follow suit.

most asthmatics i know smoke.

I come from a family where 2 siblings, who never personally smoked, died from second hand smoke. I support the OP.

while i sympathize with your loss of two siblings, how on earth can you state definitively that second hand smoke killed them?

while i sympathize with your loss of two siblings, how on earth can you state definitively that second hand smoke killed them?

Whether you can establish the verity of this specific anecdote is immaterial. The effect of second-hand smoke on health is now an established scientific fact; as verifiable as the effects on smokers themselves. Don't try to divert attention from the main contention.

• Like 1

Whether you can establish the verity of this specific anecdote is immaterial. The effect of second-hand smoke on health is now an established scientific fact; as verifiable as the effects on smokers themselves. Don't try to divert attention from the main contention.

Seems I have to debunk that myth once again : http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/study-finds-no-clear-link-between-lung-cancer-and-secondhand-smoke-9004077.html

Yermanee wai.gif

Now where did i put those fags and lighter, whoops ran off one of the longest runways in Thailand.

2 cigarettes nearly 100 dead thousands injured but second hand smoking does not hurt, yes right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Cross_fire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire

post-140396-0-76562300-1396355826_thumb.

Edited by marstons
  • Like 1

Seems I have to debunk that myth once again : http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/study-finds-no-clear-link-between-lung-cancer-and-secondhand-smoke-9004077.html

Yermanee wai.gif

Also enjoyed the comments down the bottom in the linked article. Thanks.

What nationality was this obnoxious being flying that tin crap and having the audacity to challenge your accusation with such crap?

Smoking in an aircraft?

Anyone agreeing to that should confine themselves to crap air lines like NOK?

Knock ya selves on NOK

• Like 1

Well i must admit, after reading this thread i am certainly less likely to make my next trip on Nok air.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Go with Thai and it will cost you 2000 baht more. Then again you wont smell smoke from a terrorist proof cockpit.

Then youll walk into a restaraunt with many people smoking and accept it.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can't believe that anyone would defend a Captain who flouts aviation regulations.

Its not like hes flying under telegraph poles. Hes having a sneaky cig on a low cost airline.

Thats if the poster is to be beleived. The man next to him may have had his smoking jacket on.

Edited by baneko
  • Like 1

Can't believe that anyone would defend a Captain who flouts aviation regulations.

Its not like hes flying under telegraph poles. Hes having a sneaky cig on a low cost airline.

Thats if the poster is to be beleived. The man next to him may have had his smoking jacket on.

Let him have a glass of wine with his lunch as well. No problem at all.

Let him have a glass of wine with his lunch as well. No problem at all.
Smoking and drinking are very different. Just put on the auto pilot and have a nap.

Edited by baneko

I would not be surprised at all the main reason smoking on planes is not allowed is because of working regulations, employers are required to offer their employees, like flight attendents, a smoke free workplace.

Safety is in this case probably only a side issue, maybe even a side excuse.

A smoking captain would for me not be a reason not to board a plane, a drinking captain though would be.

• Like 2