Why do people act like Thai girls don't have hearts too?

Scarpolo

What's up with foreigners using hifalutin English on these forums and in Thailand in general?! Living in a country where we teach English, we gotta show how much better our own English is than anothers? Is that it? Go back to playing with buckets in the sandpit I'd say.

And to the poor whimpering Thai girls and us bad Westerners - any of you have the faintest idea what goes down behind closed doors with the spineless Thai guys??

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because when you really know Thai ladies you will understand.

They have feelings, but don't allow their feelings to influence their actions.

A man means very little to most of them.

They can exchange one guy for another in an instant.

They have also taught me a lot about love and relationships.

What they taught me,

Feelings don't matter.

Money does.

It's good advice.

Just thinking about the OP question.

Personally I believe they (Thai girls) do have feelings, cry, hurt and bleed, etc.

Unfortunately in existing conditions their hearts are not the locomotive force in their everyday life activities.

Don't get me wrong: - primary is their mind, secondary is what you probably thought. Heart comes third.

IMHO. But I may be wrong.

You should know ... you did it ... why did you?

it was always known, I had to return to the states to clean up certain, unclean matters.

the issue is, whether I return.

she encouraged me to finish the past so it didnt weigh on my future.

frankly, I am on the fence as to what is or is not "heart"

One prior post spoke to the issue of lust,

it is something I am considering.

tomorrow, I will be enjoying this in SF

oh, guitar, you are the gift that keeps on giving:

• Like 1

yes, Beachfront is having a hard time keeping up with anyone who's life is more interesting than his dull useless life.

He also has an issue with my fondness for a girl who I met in a bath tub who's heart is larger than beachfronts bruised ego.

How much mosey did you send her to stay out of a bath tub?

• Like 1

1. MANY a man doesn't understand a woman (no matter what nationality)

2. MANY a farang doesn't understand thai people (both man and woman)

me thinks at least 50% of the farang-thai couples here have no idea what they are getting into.

i have yet to meet a thai woman that i could have a love relationship with. uneducated/poor or educated/rich, thx but no thx...

much of what I have heard, comes right from TV.

Well ....FINALLY.....we get the truth....

Your experiences in Thailand are limited to those of reading and writing on TV.

Should have guessed as much as you've only been a member for a few months but have over 600 posts.....much time on your hands????cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

As a matter of fact yes,

I am 54, retired at 40,

and run circles around your dreams,

and apparently feed your fears

but its ok to be a big fish, in your little pond,

and you have a right to feel threatened,

as your swamp drains

it is through your posts

and your petty responses,

that the rest of us,

see your lack of brains

I always find interesting the names and avatars people pick .....

For example ......Scarpolo

SCARPOLOGY, OR THE SCIENCE OF OLD BOOTS

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=ME18891108.2.39

Soooo...you're just an "old boot" .....as they say "if the shoe fits....wear it!" or in your case "boot" and I know a good place for it

Its a marriage of Scarface and Serpico,

which I felt, suited me!

Only you dear loathe-some beachnut,

would try to find meaning,

in nothing,

in the ether,

where even you,

can be anything

Edited by Scarpolo

First off lets do a little analysis......Since "Scarpolo's" limited experience in Thailand has mostly to do with dating for a few months a "high-end" soapy Prostitute and since this is his post it would seem to be geared toward sex trade women....

Just how many Thai women are involved in the Sex trade? A little research shows that although the number varies according to various polls.....200,000 to 300,000 is probably a good estimate. Population of Thailand is about 67 million with about half being women.....Sooooo 33.5 million women! So .006 percent of Thai Women work in the Sex industry and Scarpo's interaction with that segment.....Well obviously WAY LESS

My point is that after 6 months in Thailand with limited interaction .....the generalizations made by the OP ......well preposterous !!!

So as said before......Post read.....moving on coffee1.gif

Where do you get this crazy assumption from ???????????????

This is laugable and u must be very embarrased by this statement

One thing you forgot in your calculation,where are the children/babies, u numpty heheheheheheheheh.Some say thais are uneducated, your statement brings in a whole new ball game about education, unless u are 6 years old lol lol.

Apparently its beyond your capability to "google" ....# of women in Thailand sex trade industry!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Not sure you where right too when saying 006% only. I am afraid its much more (sadly by the way)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_trafficking_of_women_and_children_in_Thailand

Edited by Tchooptip

'Catsphincter' (post 49)... "american warrior" ... get your hand off ... gezz Louise you septics go on and on

"war's been over for 39 years (sic) but ask them if we left them better off" and to prove the specious quality of your comment, Scarpolo agreed with you ...

Totally agree with Senior Member. Who on TV can honestly say the girls back in our own countries are any different? Being from a foreign country give you no right to be derogatory about anyone.

My wife is Thai as are my children. Like anywhere there are nice people and some not so nice. Dont generalize about Thailand or the people. Where I live the people are mostly Thai's and I have never had any problem with them. Yes of course many Thai girls would like a foreign husband and why not? We can provide, in general a better life style primarily because we get paid higher salaries.

People have feelings and those feelings should be respected. Thai women in general, not all before you start the bashing, are greedy sneaky and just out for what they can get.

If you genuinely feel like that then I suggest you go home, Thailand nor any other country is good for you with the attitude displayed here in these forums

'Catsphincter' (post 49)... "american warrior" ... get your hand off ... gezz Louise you septics go on and on

"war's been over for 39 years (sic) but ask them if we left them better off" and to prove the specious quality of your comment, Scarpolo agreed with you ...

I was agreeing to the post copied in my reply.

It just happened to come after post 49.

I didnt comment on 49, and that doesnt mean I don't agree, although, I didnt comment

to beachnut, that would mean,

I agreed to it,

and probably also wrote it

under another name,

then agreed with myself,

sort of like what beaverhead-front-nut does,

in the mirror,

in his bathroom,

with no tub,

or girl to rub

in the tub,

which, he doesn't have,

but if he did,

he would rub,

himself

and then say.

I lied

Blame the Vietnam era GI's who came to Thailand and set the foundation for what it is. Everyone in the world is a person thus has feelings.

I doubt you were here in those days.

In the 60's there were no Go-Go bars or bath houses and most US military had regular girl friends. The main nighttime entertainment was in cabaret night clubs with Thai singers and bands. In Bangkok they were along SIlom Rd. The Oasis and Starlight were popular. Thai men paid 50 baht an hour to eat, drink and dance with the girls. They were all required to close at 11PM so that Thai men would return home to their wives I suppose

Pat Pong Rd was where all the good restaurants were located along with the airline offices. Only one bar that I can recall on Pat Pong was Max's, mostly for Air America pilots and crew.

Service men returning to bases in Germany and Japan spread the word of beautiful girls available for 100 baht a night or less in Thailand. In late 60's and early 70's the sex tour business started to boom mostly coming from those 2 countries, and the whole situation changed. The Germans wanted sex shows and the Japanese wanted bath houses. And from that time on the girls became a bit hardened doing what was unnatural to them in order to please the Germans and Japanese sex tourists. I don't mean to pick on any one or two nationalities, there were men from all over Europe, America Australia etc. who also got the word, And that in my opinion is the recent history of the sex trade in Thailand. The American servicemen discovered it, but I don't think they have any "Blame for it." They were here because of their duty assignment and many married their girlfriends. Most of those men from all countries who followed were looking for cheap unattached sex.

• Like 2

Not sure you where right too when saying 006% only. I am afraid its much more (sadly by the way)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_trafficking_of_women_and_children_in_Thailand

There is a difference between "sex trade" and "sex trafficking"

One is large and common in Thailand, the other (your link) is much smaller.

But, they get trafficked into the sex trade, so the numbers match

Blame the Vietnam era GI's who came to Thailand and set the foundation for what it is. Everyone in the world is a person thus has feelings.

Your comments must mean that you were in Thailand during the Vietnam era to see the dynamics first hand?

There is plenty of "blame" to go around in this world, but blame does little to correct injustice or pain.

Totally agree with Senior Member. Who on TV can honestly say the girls back in our own countries are any different? Being from a foreign country give you no right to be derogatory about anyone.

My wife is Thai as are my children. Like anywhere there are nice people and some not so nice. Dont generalize about Thailand or the people. Where I live the people are mostly Thai's and I have never had any problem with them. Yes of course many Thai girls would like a foreign husband and why not? We can provide, in general a better life style primarily because we get paid higher salaries.

People have feelings and those feelings should be respected. Thai women in general, not all before you start the bashing, are greedy sneaky and just out for what they can get.

If you genuinely feel like that then I suggest you go home, Thailand nor any other country is good for you with the attitude displayed here in these forums

Two nights in a row, I had dinner at the Fairmont restaurant bar, in Santa Monica.

Both night, single women sat next to me ( I stand. it's a bar)

Both wanted me to be interested. Opposite me, there were 4 pretty single females, known to the bar tenders, all seeking men. The only difference to them and the Thai girl in the bar?

The bar wouldnt get a fee if they left with a customer, and the werent being paid to push drinks.

Any of these girls was attractive enough for most of the TV posers.

Like I said, what's the difference?

The prettiest girl tonight was right next to me, with her husband, they were from Vancouver married to a guy, her age, who makes a ton of money apparently. Did I see a glint in her eye? yes. I am sure it was just the alcohol though

Same scenario, different country,

not one of you all, would have been embarrassed to apprach any of these women,

and if you married one, that you met in a bar?

It's just venting, mate. If a chap posts something like "Thai people are xxx" what they really mean is something like "many of the Thai people I encounter are xxx".

People say bad things about Americans, Europeans, etc. all the time and no one takes it personally. I'm sure the Thais are ripping us new ones on Pantip.com at this very moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

did you say, "Pantip?"

Yes. If I understand things, it's like the TV for Thais.

Ignorance of the facts. GIs had R&R in Bangkok. Their girlfriends would bring them to Pattaya as a nice place to relax and keep him away from other BKK girls. The only regular GIs in Pattaya were those based at Utapao.

Are you anti-American or just repeating some incorrect conclusions you picked up somewhere?

• Like 2

It's just venting, mate. If a chap posts something like "Thai people are xxx" what they really mean is something like "many of the Thai people I encounter are xxx".

People say bad things about Americans, Europeans, etc. all the time and no one takes it personally. I'm sure the Thais are ripping us new ones on Pantip.com at this very moment.

mmmm, try and say something "anti-American" and you will find a bunch of people taking it personally.

Fair enough. But you know what I mean, right? When someone says something like "Americans just want to rule the world", I know which Americans they're talking about.

that was a real intellengent statement especially since the war has been over for 39 years and most of the girls wern't even born yet. blame it on the Thai males who think that females are noithing more than property. want an example? sit at the road side bar at nana and see how many men bring their wive's and girl friends to work in the bars, the same goes for soi cowboy. or better yet talk to a thai woman who has been married to a thai and see what they think.one girl had an english dentist for a "regular" he bought her a house in surin, bought her a couple of buffaloes, he only stayed in thailand for six months out of the year. when he went home a thai male sewwt talked her into selling the hpuse and buffaloes and she was broke. there are hundreds if not thousands of stories out there, all you have to do is talk to the women, not bury your head in a forty year old war! and one more thing. the American Warrior left the Thai women better off than he found them! ask them!

Lolz typical rubbish. Read the key part of my post. The foundation. IE the building block. IE the start. People here need to learn to read the whole post before flying off the handle. And no the American warrior (lolz nice phrase) Did not leave anyone better than they already were.

• Like 1

Here are the facts, gents.

Forget Pattaya...that is just a sex circus town ...and athough it started as a r and r for American Soldiers, You will just need to take of census of club owners and figure out what country dominates ownership...as it stands now....of these clubs...and the training of their staff.

The vietnam era gals are long gone...people. that was 40 years ago.

The high dollar, hooker venue as it exists now, is more likely to be owned by Australians and Europeans, and it is their lot that made it into the seedy business it turned out to be...

not some 18 year old freckle faced GI who just wanted some cute gal to keep him company before he went to the suck hole Vietnam jungle. Many of the gals back then probably got hitched.

Ladies are thrown away here if they walk out of their marriage...... they walk because the husband just can't stop racking up with his Mia Noi's.

Get current.... The british were tagging thai gals long before the USA arrived.

A small resort in Pattaya...with clean beaches and nice friendly gals...thats what America left you with...

And that got destroyed....and built into what it is.

it is what it is.

Just no. Main stream influx of the R&R Sex tourist was American. Pattaya was the rest stop of choice in the Vietnam war era. And are you implying it's of to be a 18 year whoremonger because you are going in to a jungle to fight a war in a country that had nothing to do with you?? British were there also but in no where near the numbers. It was the American GI's that made Pattaya the glowing hub of the lovely industry it is today. And I would seriously doubt any of the guys got hitched and there would be no proof to show this so grasping at straws to justify this is weak at best.

The sex 'entertainment" industry was alive and flourishing in Thailand way before Vietnam. Do a bit of research on its history. Today 80-90% is for Thais, The part available for foreigners is more noticeable as Thais like to pretend to be more conservative.

The majority of Thai married ladies hate the idea of prostitution, multiple partners and are scathing of those that do. So their husbands keep it very discrete. Its then tolerated providing no one finds out and everyone keeps face knowing the pretense.

Some ladies are driven through poverty or the lure of easy money in this trade. Others do it part time for extra cash. Once married they expect their husbands to adore them and provide for them. Watch the jealousy and also the dislike of another woman being too friendly. Thai wives and gfs do equate giving them nice gifts as an expression of love and caring. So they expect you will buy designer clothes and accessories for them, nice jewelry, cars, property, land etc

To foreigners this can seem like they don't love or care - just materialistic. To a Thai, this shows them and everyone else how much you love and care, and how strong your feeling for them are. Different cultures and perceptions.

Not to be confused with sex workers who provide a service for a price. Period.

"No one other than current happy husbands and those in current successful relationships,

has anything good to say about Thai girls.

Why is that?"

You've answered yourself in your opening line; Because those not in happy relationships have had bad ones and unhappy ones, and thus tend to generalise. Especially if they (the unhappy men) have tried again and got hurt again.

Add to the unhapiness with a relationship the other tribulations particular to Thailand (corrupt police, inept officials, crime etc), and rose-tinted spectacles get quite shit-tinted.

My first relationship cost me a bit emotionally and financially, and there may have been elements to the failure that had traces of all the bad stories we have all heard, but I was at fault too. I tried again after several years hiatus, and now I am the happiest man I know. She's my love as I am hers. I have fallen in love with a woman, I have not fallen in love with love or with lust.

And therein may be a clue to all the unhappiness; Coming from the West, a man finds a Thai woman who appears to love him. The man falls in love with the love, not the girl. He falls in lust with the girl. Finally, he realises she never did love him, and it all falls apart.

For sure, there are many hearts broken, both Western male and Thai female. I would bet a penny to a pound that for all the truly scheming manipulative women, there is a Western a-hole exploiting woman after woman for sex and sometimes for money, and hurting them in the process.

It's a good OP. It would do to bear in mind that so many gentle, good-hearted Thai women get truly hurt.

So many Farangs who are unsuccessful with women in their own countries for lots of reasons probably the main one being overweight because off excessive drinking. They find out about Thailand, sell all their possessions, move here with their big fat bellies, facial hair, tattoos etc, start throwing their money around, get a beautiful Thai girl, marries her, buys her a house, furnishings, helps financially with her parents, and is so stupid he thinks his wife really does love him.

When it all goes wrong, he blames the girl. The girl is not at fault here. She has probably been bought up in poverty, or has kids and her Thai husband leaves her. She has to look after her kids, parents in some way, then the big fat ugly tattooed Farang comes along, then Bingo.

• Like 1

Forget Pattaya...that is just a sex circus town ...and athough it started as a r and r for American Soldiers, You will just need to take of census of club owners and figure out what country dominates ownership...as it stands now....of these clubs...and the training of their staff.

The high dollar, hooker venue as it exists now, is more likely to be owned by Australians and Europeans, and it is their lot that made it into the seedy business it turned out to be...

not some 18 year old freckle faced GI who just wanted some cute gal to keep him company before he went to the suck hole Vietnam jungle. Many of the gals back then probably got hitched.

Ladies are thrown away here if they walk out of their marriage...... they walk because the husband just can't stop racking up with his Mia Noi's.

A small resort in Pattaya...with clean beaches and nice friendly gals...thats what America left you with...

it is what it is.

Just no. Main stream influx of the R&R Sex tourist was American. Pattaya was the rest stop of choice in the Vietnam war era. And are you implying it's of to be a 18 year whoremonger because you are going in to a jungle to fight a war in a country that had nothing to do with you?? British were there also but in no where near the numbers. It was the American GI's that made Pattaya the glowing hub of the lovely industry it is today. And I would seriously doubt any of the guys got hitched and there would be no proof to show this so grasping at straws to justify this is weak at best.

I certainly agree that the Americans during the war enjoyed their sex in Thailand, but please don't make it out to be more than it was. My property manager used his R & R here in 1969, when Pattaya had ONE hotel. The war did not last much longer. The growth happened after the Americans left.

I guess this is butt hurt American day. Look at this before you say stuff like one hotel learn to read and research. http://www.letsgopattaya.com/living-in-pattaya-in-1969.html Again the war was the foundation for the lovely (snicker) place Pattaya is today. It's as American as apple pie one might say!

• Like 1

Lolz typical rubbish. Read the key part of my post. The foundation. IE the building block. IE the start. People here need to learn to read the whole post before flying off the handle. And no the American warrior (lolz nice phrase) Did not leave anyone better than they already were.

I was here. We built deep water ports and roads and airports and the entire communication and oil and gas structure in Thailand. Thailand was America's gas station and phone company for the Vietnam war. We built schools and hospitals all over the country. We injected billions of dollars annually into all phases of the Thai economy. My wife was educated at a Thai university built and funded by America. Thailand asked for help under the SEATO treaty and America came and helped or Thailand might have gone the way of Laos and Cambodia.

it is what it is.

The sex 'entertainment" industry was alive and flourishing in Thailand way before Vietnam. Do a bit of research on its history. Today 80-90% is for Thais, The part available for foreigners is more noticeable as Thais like to pretend to be more conservative.

The majority of Thai married ladies hate the idea of prostitution, multiple partners and are scathing of those that do. So their husbands keep it very discrete. Its then tolerated providing no one finds out and everyone keeps face knowing the pretense.

Some ladies are driven through poverty or the lure of easy money in this trade. Others do it part time for extra cash. Once married they expect their husbands to adore them and provide for them. Watch the jealousy and also the dislike of another woman being too friendly. Thai wives and gfs do equate giving them nice gifts as an expression of love and caring. So they expect you will buy designer clothes and accessories for them, nice jewelry, cars, property, land etc

To foreigners this can seem like they don't love or care - just materialistic. To a Thai, this shows them and everyone else how much you love and care, and how strong your feeling for them are. Different cultures and perceptions.

Not to be confused with sex workers who provide a service for a price. Period.

I seriously can not believe people are this blind...... Every country in the world has had or has prostitution in its history. It's called the worlds oldest profession for a reason. Now people take your finger off the American pride button and watch what I say. The American GI's made Pattaya and later it spread to Thailand the reputable place it is today. They built the FOUNDATION of Thailand getting the nod to being a big place for Sex tourists. This is true. Thailand guys doing it would have never spread outside Thailand. You would have thought I was going on about how the USA lost that war by the butt hurt replies here. It's pretty black and white really spend 5 minutes on the internet and you can find these types of facts. Just like proving there was more than one hotel in Pattaya in 1969.

it is what it is.

I certainly agree that the Americans during the war enjoyed their sex in Thailand, but please don't make it out to be more than it was. My property manager used his R & R here in 1969, when Pattaya had ONE hotel. The war did not last much longer. The growth happened after the Americans left.

I guess this is butt hurt American day. Look at this before you say stuff like one hotel learn to read and research. http://www.letsgopattaya.com/living-in-pattaya-in-1969.html Again the war was the foundation for the lovely (snicker) place Pattaya is today. It's as American as apple pie one might say!

Quote from the article you mentioned, "I lived there then. I was 8 or 9. I remember the fishing village and the beautiful pristine beach. I lived in fantastic house just a short walk up a sandy road from the beach. I used to go to the movies there and recall the song *Do You Know the Way to San Jose* being played while waiting for the movie to start. There was a medic station there and we kids would continually bring some poor snake all battered up for the medic to place in a liquid filled glass jar."

First off lets do a little analysis......Since "Scarpolo's" limited experience in Thailand has mostly to do with dating for a few months a "high-end" soapy Prostitute and since this is his post it would seem to be geared toward sex trade women....

Just how many Thai women are involved in the Sex trade? A little research shows that although the number varies according to various polls.....200,000 to 300,000 is probably a good estimate. Population of Thailand is about 67 million with about half being women.....Sooooo 33.5 million women! So .006 percent of Thai Women work in the Sex industry and Scarpo's interaction with that segment.....Well obviously WAY LESS

My point is that after 6 months in Thailand with limited interaction .....the generalizations made by the OP ......well preposterous !!!

So as said before......Post read.....moving on coffee1.gif

I read that two out of three Thai men use prostitutes in some way, whether they are Mia Nois, from bars, or streetwalkers etc. If that is anywhere near true, then how many prostitutes are really in Thailand? I am not against prostitution as long as no one is getting hurt in any way. No one has any right to tell anyone what they can or can't do with their own bodies.