Yingluck opts for a quiet holiday break

Lite Beer

SONGKRAN FESTIVAL
Yingluck opts for a quiet holiday break
Jeerapong Prasertpolkrung
Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will celebrate Songkran in Chiang Mai as usual, but "privately" this year.

In her first Songkran as prime minister in 2012, after taking office late the previous year, she presided over the opening of New Year celebrations in her home town. Then, with her son Supasek Amornchat, Yingluck got in the back of a six-wheel truck and joined in water-throwing activities. She had so much fun that her makeup was washed off by the water.

Last year, she presided over a similar event but just let her son join in the water throwing.

But this year, Yingluck told media she preferred to celebrate privately.

Besides wanting to stay safe after encounters with many anti-government whistle-blowers, Yingluck explained that she had injured her left ankle.

On Thursday evening, before she went with her son back to Chiang Mai, Yingluck told journalists not to worry that she would disappear for a few days, as she would post pictures of her activities and celebrations on Facebook.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-12

"On Thursday evening, before she went with her son back to Chiang Mai, Yingluck told journalists not to worry that she would disappear for a few days, as she would post pictures of her activities and celebrations on Facebook."

No one's going to worry. Who would worry about a leader who thinks fb is an acceptable manner to debate the issues facing their country? Pathetic beyond description.

• Like 2

I suppose skiing at Whistler is out of the question

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you were as piste off as she is, would you want to go skiing?

I'd be worried about bumping into Jeremy Clarkson for sure

"Songran in Chiang Mai ... for Your Next Quiet Holiday Break !", perhaps TAT should give the slogan a try ? laugh.png

Or might someone try to water-it-down, pour cold water on the idea, dampen tourists' enthusiasm, splash out on something more exciting, etcetera ? rolleyes.gif

Happy Songkran to all ! wai2.gif

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 2

...'break'......from what..........???

....and do you really think these !@#$%^&* will sit back and do nothing.....???

.....people that have tended to lie in the past....will most likely volunteer a falsehood as a truth......

"She had so much fun that her makeup was washed off by the water"

And she looked just like big bro ohmy.png

The Thais say miaow when something drops or breaks (referring to a cat being responsible).

In this case the western version applies, just plain bitchiness, Miaow.

That's what she's avoiding, any kind of Whistler. Still it being Songkran I'm sure they'll be many a suthep follower wetting their whistle.

"On Thursday evening, before she went with her son back to Chiang Mai, Yingluck told journalists not to worry that she would disappear for a few days, as she would post pictures of her activities and celebrations on Facebook."

No one's going to worry. Who would worry about a leader who thinks fb is an acceptable manner to debate the issues facing their country? Pathetic beyond description.

Do you think her celebrations and activities at Songkran, in Chiang Mai, are really issues facing the country that need debate? Do you read Hello! magazine?

That's what she's avoiding, any kind of Whistler. Still it being Songkran I'm sure they'll be many a suthep follower wetting their whistle.

Need to work a bit on your sense of humour.

Spent too long on the dark side

• Like 1

Facebook has become such a medium of choice for Yingluck, that one can only assume she's only an absentee prime minister if one discounts facebook, but a highly active one if one doesn't. She may, therefore, indeed provide a new definition of what a prime minister is. We already know that such a prime minister need not be accountable to the National Anti-Corruption Commission or the Constitutional Court. We already know that such a prime minister can " respectfully " differ with the legality of issues over that of the Supreme Administrative Court. We already know that such a prime minister need not condescend to meet with the National Election Commission, preferring instead to head " forums " to determine what they can or can not do. We already know that she has been a trail-blazer in all these departments. But the belief that the picture postcards of facebook can compensate for the " problems " she has with the judicial process - well, that may take some time.

• Like 1

Oh come on already!!! Wasn't it just a sprain? What a drama queen this Poo is. Makes it sound like someone hacked her whole foot off! Sheesh...

And does she realise she's doing a good job at making herself look extremely stupid? "I won't disappear... you can see me on Facebook." This from a so-called Prime Minister. Caretaker notwithstanding. The head of a country. The leader. Supposedly. And all she ever knows is to post crap on FB? My office intern is more capable than that!

Do you think her celebrations and activities at Songkran, in Chiang Mai, are really issues facing the country that need debate? Do you read Hello! magazine?

No but refusing to actually debate the current political and civil mess by any means but fb is pathetic. That was my point.

When you make a point like this, rarely he answers. He latches on to another poster pointing out wrongs, to deny/ or change the subject.

I posted on here 1 hour ago and pointed out something but no answer. I agree with your honest post.

• Like 1

If you were as piste off as she is, would you want to go skiing?

Might be her last chance before her incarceration

"She had so much fun that her makeup was washed off by the water"

And she looked just like big bro ohmy.png

The Thais say miaow when something drops or breaks (referring to a cat being responsible).

In this case the western version applies, just plain bitchiness, Miaow.

Coming out with this statement shows, to me at least, that you have spent very little time in Thailand, if any.

The dropper may say 'mai ow' meaning, "I didn't want it anyway" .... not pretending to be a cat at all.

Everyone else may say 'sum sam' ......which is quite rude.

If you had spent any time at all with Thai people, you would know this.

• Like 1