Thai Government warned there may be no election if….

webfact

That is correct. If every result from this election was analyzed it all points to the same thing. A PTP inability to accept the majority.

If we completely forget the voter turn out in the north and north east and only look at "vote no" and "invalid votes" Of the voters that turned out 29% gave a no vote or an invalid vote of 17% and 12% respectively. Up from 4% and 3%. So as you say 29% of supporters went out of their way to say "We want reform before elections"

Another fact.

I think you're confusing facts (which I do not argue, as long as we're talking about figures) and the interpretation of said facts.

Tagging everyone that placed a no-vote or an invalid vote as saying "we want reform before elections" is an opinion, not fact.

Some did it to make a point, sure, no argument. What I have issue with is the wholesale takeover you're attempting over a general figure.

Take the 29% figure, for example: 2011 elections had about 10% no-votes and invalid votes, with pretty similar numbers for the 2007 elections. We're already down to 19% which you claim are making a statement (still impressive, no argument). Knock off some more Democrat voters who used the no-vote as the Democrat party didn't not contend (not putting a figure on that one, just an example).

You end up with a somewhat lower figure. Certainly much higher than the past, and surely indicative of something. My two points are that the figures you quote are not always accurate, and that by themselves, do not offer a clear cut indication of your interpretation. That is not to say your interpretation could not be the right one, just that it is far from being proven as fact.

And as reiterated again an inability to accept THIS majority fact ensures a plethitude of reasons to denounce them.

As predictable as traffic lights.

Jamie,

You keep using the figures from the flawed 2014 elections and then stating your opinion as to the reasons for the figures as facts. Then you have the nerve to post the pidgin picture. You see yourself as intelligent and unbiased. I do not see the same picture.

Let us talk about facts that have no spin.

Fact 1. Thaksin affiliated parties have won all of the recent elections. You may say that they cheated or you may say that the people who voted for them were stupid. I say they won.

Fact 2. The Feb 2 elections were called because of mass public protests. The PTP believed they still had popular support and thought that an election would show that support. The Democrats refused to take part in the elections and the PDRC wrecked the elections. You keep quoting the unpublished results from this flawed election.

fact 3. The PTP want an election as soon as possible so that the people of Thailand can have a choice. Until there is an election nobody will know.

Edited, I seem to have messed up the central quotes, Jamie, send me a PM if you wish me to remove it.

I know it is hard to accept mate. I truly do sympathize with you. But denying facts won't change them.

As was the amnesty bill being against the majority wishes as was the constitution referendum being overwhelmingly voted for. All wonderful excuses and beliefs to reject that majority.

Again you refer to the past for your PTP majority. I refer to the present.

You state beliefs and I state facts.

Again, I sympathize with you.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images