Chalerm: Suspected 'Hezbollah' to be sent back to Lebanon

webfact

TERRORISM
Suspected 'Hezbollah' to be sent back to Lebanon : Chalerm

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The three suspected foreign terrorists held for questioning regarding their possible involvement with the Islamist Hezbollah militant group will be deported back to Lebanon.

The three suspects - identified as Daud Farhat, Yousef Ayyad and Bailal Bahsoun - were held after their plane landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order director Chalerm Yoobamrung said the men had come to Thailand to spy on Israelis.

Deputy National Police chief General Worapong Chewprecha said police had interrogated the men to find out how many people were taking part in the operation and who else was involved.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-18

Police say they have no evidence to indict arrested Hezbollah members

241601-imagejpeg-373010-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Thai police have no evidence to press terrorism charge on two member of the Hezbollah terrorist group as alerted by Israeli intelligence, National police office deputy commissioner Pol Ge Worapong Chiewpreecha said Thursday.

He confirmed that two of the three Hezbollah members, Youssef Ayad, and Daoud Farhat, were apprehended as soon as they alighted from the plane at Suvarnabhumi airport yesterday.

He said investigation by the police indicated that there was no evidence yet to confirm they would carry out any terrorism act in the country.

He said Thailand is not the terrorists’ target and Thailand is also not a disputed party of the rival groups.

There was no report of another suspected terrorist Bilal Bahsoun was not.

He said Israeli intelligence authorities alerted the Thai authorities to keep watch on the three Hezbollah members as they might scout Israeli targets for future attacks.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-say-evidence-indict-arrested-hezbollah-members/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-18

• Like 1

Tarit's in the headlines but you can't keep a good Chalerm down.

Surely he's stretching his CAPO role more than a little as suspected Hezbolah members supposedly came to spy on Israelis, his words. which is nothing to do with the local political turmoil.

I would think the case falls within the ambit of the Interior and Justice Ministeries not Labour but such a minor point won't hold Chalerm back.

• Like 2

Something is rotten in Denmark as the saying goes. The other paper says Ayad has confessed to plottig terrorist attacks during Songkran and the police are taking him to Rayong to find bomb making materials. Who can you believe?

• Like 1

Question : what will deter the next group of would be terrorist from coming to Thailand if they

are deported back to their country of origin, Lebanon, without as much as a slop on the

wrist?

Why is the Thai government so lenient and soft on terrorist? if indention to commit act of terrorism

has been established by the police, why not bring them to justice here in Thailand the land of the

intended act? what is the Thai government agenda in not prosecuting those people for their intent

to kill, maim and cause mayhem in this country I wonder ?

• Like 1

"
He said Thailand is not the terrorists’ target and Thailand is also not a disputed party of the rival groups "

This statement, without a doubt, is the most moronic and brainless comment I ever heard from

a senior Thai official,

So please prey tell, what was the intended target of those terrorists? the ozone layer above Thailand?

the truth is, as he went on to say, Thailand not want to take side, there is no money in it, only headache,

• Like 1

There was other news on this. Amazing that Thailand would send them back to Lebanon and Hezbollah. The other news stated that they were "interrogated" by the Thais. This is probably a euphemism for having their fingernails removed and in this case it may have saved lives in wherever they were planning to bomb. The other news reported that the plan extracted from one of these guys was to bomb Khao San Road and he led them to a house in Rayong with bomb materials. Plus, one of them was from the Philippines so it's hard to understand how Chalerm is "sending him back to Lebanon."

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Question : what will deter the next group of would be terrorist from coming to Thailand if they

are deported back to their country of origin, Lebanon, without as much as a slop on the

wrist?

Why is the Thai government so lenient and soft on terrorist? if indention to commit act of terrorism

has been established by the police, why not bring them to justice here in Thailand the land of the

intended act? what is the Thai government agenda in not prosecuting those people for their intent

If the terrorists are wanted by the government of the country they are deported back to, then likely yes. At least the deported ones won't be back to Thailand for a holiday any day soon.

If the government backs the terrorist organization, that's another story...................sad.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Something is rotten in Denmark as the saying goes. The other paper says Ayad has confessed to plottig terrorist attacks during Songkran and the police are taking him to Rayong to find bomb making materials. Who can you believe?

That is the power of the media for you, spin and print. Scary.

The question that I continue to ask myself is why stories like this, involving national security (even though they have stated Thailand is not the target) are allowed to be printed in the first place. This is not Thailand specific as it happens everywhere now-a-days.

People's rights to know everything immediately (or before it happens!) even if reported wrongly.

BS.

wrist?

"

He said Thailand is not the terrorists’ target and Thailand is also not a disputed party of the rival groups "

This statement, without a doubt, is the most moronic and brainless comment I ever heard from

a senior Thai official,

So please prey tell, what was the intended target of those terrorists? the ozone layer above Thailand?

the truth is, as he went on to say, Thailand not want to take side, there is no money in it, only headache,

There is a lot of ignorance by farlangs about Islam. The roots of Islam are the same as Judaism & Christianity. Neither of them preaches terrorism. But the people who follow these religions are clever at misinterpretation and misleading people into thinking that cruel and evil actions are acceptable.

The problem with Islam is that the religion is 'run' by arabs that have a long long long history of being terrorists. Whether these people follow Judaism, Christianity or Islam has very little to do with it. Actually I think if they did not follow these religions their actions would be much more barbaric. To a large extent it puts a lid on their real cruel hearts.

You can apply this same logic to many other races. I do not think arabs have the monopoly on terrorism. It is just that their actions are aimed at the western world at this moment and the news we read is controlled by the western world

Be realistic. How often does Chalerm have to look like he is actually doing something pro active that was not changed tp show him the fool? Even if this is not his job he sounded good doing it :-) .

So why would they want to add what another suspect is doing? This would make Chalerm look stupid again.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is a lot of ignorance by farlangs about Islam. The roots of Islam are the same as Judaism & Christianity. Neither of them preaches terrorism. But the people who follow these religions are clever at misinterpretation and misleading people into thinking that cruel and evil actions are acceptable.

The problem with Islam is that the religion is 'run' by arabs that have a long long long history of being terrorists. Whether these people follow Judaism, Christianity or Islam has very little to do with it. Actually I think if they did not follow these religions their actions would be much more barbaric. To a large extent it puts a lid on their real cruel hearts.

You can apply this same logic to many other races. I do not think arabs have the monopoly on terrorism. It is just that their actions are aimed at the western world at this moment and the news we read is controlled by the western world

But international terrorists need somewhere to go for their holidays too.....given the number of empty hotel rooms on Thailand they could have let then stay a few nights and spend some dough...would've helped the economy. Anyway, I thought that international law was to arrest all terrorist suspects and send them to the American base in Guantanamo Bay for interrogation and to be found guilty.

Yes, you can apply the same logic to other races. The two World Wars are an example. And, yes, their actions are aimed at the western world at this moment, because we are occupying their Holy Lands to steal their oil!

Lebanon isn't occupied by the "western world" and doesn't not have any oil to steal.

The oil producing countries in the Gulf seem to be making a hefty profit, not sure what stealing you're on about.

Both aren't Holy as such.

What does it have to do with Hezbollah and Thailand? Is Thailand holy to Muslims now? Is Thai oil being stolen?

But international terrorists need somewhere to go for their holidays too.....given the number of empty hotel rooms on Thailand they could have let then stay a few nights and spend some dough...would've helped the economy. Anyway, I thought that international law was to arrest all terrorist suspects and send them to the American base in Guantanamo Bay for interrogation and to be found guilty.

The Iranians arrested last time had their trial in Thailand, in accordance with Thai law, and as far as I'm aware are still in a Thai prison. The ones that escaped either remain at large or were not extradited.

Don't let that stand in way of some good old fashioned hyperbole USA bashing.

• Like 2

The Iranians arrested last time had their trial in Thailand, in accordance with Thai law, and as far as I'm aware are still in a Thai prison. The ones that escaped either remain at large or were not extradited.

Don't let that stand in way of some good old fashioned hyperbole USA bashing.

Where is the US bashing ?..are you denying that the US has a jail for suspected terrorists on Guantanamo ?

Are you denying that other countries other than the US have had terror suspects put in this US facility ?

Are you denying the US used torture to extract confessions from suspected terrorists ?

Please advise which bit is US bashing ?

NO EVIDENCE. They are being deported to appease the Israelis.

Oh. So basically, these 3 immigration law violators are being deported to appease the Israelis. Are other foreigners who are deported from Thailand deported to appease the Israelis? Hizbollah is aligned with the Assad regime and is currently subject to international sanctions. Hizbollah does not send operatives outside of its state within a state with the intent of spreading love and harmony. It is for one purpose only: The pursuit of violent acts of terrorism.

That is the power of the media for you, spin and print. Scary.

The question that I continue to ask myself is why stories like this, involving national security (even though they have stated Thailand is not the target) are allowed to be printed in the first place. This is not Thailand specific as it happens everywhere now-a-days.

People's rights to know everything immediately (or before it happens!) even if reported wrongly.

BS.

This is what happens when you have 10 people clambering over each other for a bit of the spotlight and a microphone.

I did it. Me me me. Meanwhile, the suspects are in Rayong showing them where they planned to rig a bomb. Of course whoever else was involved has already scarpered because they CANT KEEP THEIR TRAPS SHUT

I posted earlier that Chalerm was stretching his CAPO role as well as that of Labour Minister but having reconsidered the situation I can see why he's in the thick of things.

I'm presuming the Hexbollah members were spying without having the necessary Work Permit.