Redshirts hunt EC's Somchai

Lite Beer

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"LAMPANG: -- About 50 red shirt supporters of the caretaker government stormed into the Lampang airport passenger terminal in search of election commissioner Somchai Srisuthiyakorn who earlier described them rude, low and wild."

Which kind of proved his point.

If you apply that as a generalisation then you help to unite a dis(organisation) and its various components. If you do that then you help Thaksin who thrives by dividing the Thai people. One of the things that gave him the ability to unite the North was the insults and degrading comments that they had ben subject to, Now the Shin dynasty has be shown to not care but are using the people from the north it is not the time to reinforce old grievances,

I don't think he was being insulting, just accurate. How else would you describe their behavior? If they want to change people's opinion of them they should change their behavior first, instead all they did was reinforce their reputation.

Run Somchai run! Maybe next time he'll try to at least appear independent.

Perhaps you're right. This is Thailand. You don't say what you really think, you learn to say what you're required to say, or say nothing. If Thais get it right, they'll be right alongside Chinese and N.Koreans.
  • Like 1

Ummmm someone on here with selective memory doesn't recall the events of 2008.

I was lucky enough to miss the fallout from their actions however two people I know who we're directly affected were a doctor and a friend who's mother passed away in nz and they were both stranded in Sweden.

Why should the world go on hold because of thai ploltics?

• Like 1

who earlier described them rude, low and wild.

They instead booed at the EC chairman and also threw rotten fishes, eggs and even human excreta.

​So his description was not accurate !!

Seems accurate to me.

rude:

offensively impolite or ill-mannered. Uncivil or abusive.

low:

boorish or tastless

wild:

a person of violent temper, erratic behavior.

• Like 1

Ummmm someone on here with selective memory doesn't recall the events of 2008.

I was lucky enough to miss the fallout from their actions however two people I know who we're directly affected were a doctor and a friend who's mother passed away in nz and they were both stranded in Sweden.

Why should the world go on hold because of thai ploltics?

And That has what, to do with the yellow shirts?

Edited by ggold

You guys make me laugh!

First of all you jump straight on yingluck for posting on her Facebook however when a person in this position goes to Facebook to make a point it's ok.

Second to the poster who remarked about the carry on at the airport and uneducated masses maybe he should reflect on the utter disaster the yellows caused not Thailand but the world with their actions several years ago

If you want to make it class warfare then maybe you could call your mob educated scum!

Yawn coffee1.gif

You guys make me laugh!

First of all you jump straight on yingluck for posting on her Facebook however when a person in this position goes to Facebook to make a point it's ok.

Second to the poster who remarked about the carry on at the airport and uneducated masses maybe he should reflect on the utter disaster the yellows caused not Thailand but the world with their actions several years ago

If you want to make it class warfare then maybe you could call your mob educated scum!

Actually the terms low, rude and uneducated should also extend to red shirt supporters too.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"LAMPANG: -- About 50 red shirt supporters of the caretaker government stormed into the Lampang airport passenger terminal in search of election commissioner Somchai Srisuthiyakorn who earlier described them rude, low and wild."

Which kind of proved his point.

If you apply that as a generalisation then you help to unite a dis(organisation) and its various components. If you do that then you help Thaksin who thrives by dividing the Thai people. One of the things that gave him the ability to unite the North was the insults and degrading comments that they had ben subject to, Now the Shin dynasty has be shown to not care but are using the people from the north it is not the time to reinforce old grievances,

I don't think he was being insulting, just accurate. How else would you describe their behavior? If they want to change people's opinion of them they should change their behavior first, instead all they did was reinforce their reputation.

My opinion FWIW is the behaviour displayed at the airport were revolting (both meanings of the word) - please think about that.

However I find the ongoing cycle of abusive comments that are generalised to larger groups and them the whole population are also revolting.

Remember that the actions of all the airline staff would appear to be appropriate, civilised and professional - most of these people would have been local and more representative of the population. This is the problem when people generalise statements.

Who should change first - easy to answer those who claim the moral/ethical high ground - that could be a very constructive competition,

• Like 2

About 50 red shirt supporters of the caretaker government stormed into the Lampang airport passenger terminal in search of election commissioner Somchai Srisuthiyakorn who earlier described them rude, low and wild.

I think they just proved his point. Oh, the irony.

• Like 2

He is independent. That's what PT dislike about him.

"He is independant".

Is there a new definition of independant that I'm not aware of? Try and look past the hysteria in the posts above for a moment and ask yourself what brought about this anger from the UDD, what did Somchai say, how about his actions, or more importantly his inactions in organising the election?

Still reckon he is independant, not even a tad biased?

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2

You guys make me laugh!

Its chalk and cheese.

Yingluck as all the country's media at her disposal. She can visit all parts of the country and address people in person but she chooses to stay in Chiang Mai and use FB

You forgot to add Skype! thumbsup.gif

He is independent. That's what PT dislike about him.

"He is independant".

Is there a new definition of independant that I'm not aware of? Try and look past the hysteria in the posts above for a moment and ask yourself what brought about this anger from the UDD, what did Somchai say, how about his actions, or more importantly his inactions in organising the election?

Still reckon he is independant, not even a tad biased?

Everyone else is biased that does not agree with the reds.

Yawn coffee1.gif

I, for once, find myself agreeing with the Red, Shirts. They are not rude, low and wild. They are already beyond that. The proper adjectives should not be this mild.

Some animal descriptions come to mind!

Sent from my C5302 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The ECs Somchai shouldn't have rotten eggs thrown at him, he should be on trial for his role in subverting democracy

are you just a troll ... or really one of the last reds ?

i don't understand, why some people are unable to change their minds. Everyone can be wrong at some point - but we all have to learn and rethink our positions.

To still beleive in this red-propaganda - unbelievable ... so I hope for you that you are just trolling ...

• Like 1

if you kick a dog don't piss and moan if it bites you,

if you play with fire don't complain if you get burned,

If you insult a person then be prepared to get something back,

History teaches us you can repress, marginalize, and insult people for so long, sooner or latter they will stand up, and then, you reap what you sow...

Theres no point looking beyond who started the altercation - PTP and the red shirts. Bullying civil servants is disgraceful behaviour. Straight from the teachings of Mugabe. The comments from the EC were I'll advised but incredibly accurate as time has shown.

Who did the EC repress or marginalise?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pity he didn't reference those that violently blocked the elections that he was responsible for providing with the same language.

Sorry again to bust your bubble

History now shows that blocking the elections has opened the way for a better Thailand

Corruption in mass has come to the surface

But this is only the start, once the corruption protectors are gone, what will happen we will see more of the truth the way they goverend this country

what have these red shirt given to history to look back on

Oh yeh sorry

That Somchai was correct

Edited by tezzainoz
  • Like 1

I, for once, find myself agreeing with the Red, Shirts. They are not rude, low and wild. They are already beyond that. The proper adjectives should not be this mild.

Some animal descriptions come to mind!

the 3rd adjective; 'wild' should not be used for Red Shirts. Granted, the word 'wild' can mean various things, but Reds might take it as a compliment, as in; "the biker gang was wild" or "the wild west." Wild can also mean not-domesticated, such as natural forests. In that sense, there is nothing wild in Thailand. The whole country is rice fields, other agriculture, fallow or dirt fields, and villages/cities - every square meter. Nature has lost every battle against Thais, for the past 500 years.