Abhisit offers to help end crisis

webfact

Help ? sure thing JUST RUN IN AN ELECTION.....

and that solves what. They had an election and a Prime Minister was legally elected under Thai law. The situation just got worse. and now you say let's do the same thing it will solve all the problems.

This bloke really is a hopeless joke!

He doesn't seem to have any plans for his party to go forward.

He should be on the front foot showing the people his parties policies and what the democrats can bring to the table for a better Thailand .

Grow a pair and stop jumping how high sutep wants you to!

His can there be any progress when death threats to the dems are ignored by the police?

Don't be so dim!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Some people just believe violence or the threat of it is the answer to all political problems.

this is the guy who BOYCOTTS the elections? the guy who promises to ATTEND the EC meeting then FAILS?

he's got some nerve...

No it is Brains.

You can thank him that Yingluck is no longer the Prime Minister just a fill in while they sort out her crimes.

Had he participated in the last election it would just be like admitting the PTP was doing nothing wrong.

Edited by northernjohn

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the guy who BOYCOTTS the elections? the guy who promises to ATTEND the EC meeting then FAILS?

he's got some nerve...

Abhisit doesn't attend the EC meeting because he has been advised by his own political party's security and state security agencies that they believe there is a credible threat against his life and you say, "he's got some nerve…."?

"Democrat Party deputy spokesperson Mallika Boonmeetrakool said yesterday that intelligence sources from the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), the Democrat Party and state security agencies all warned that Abhisit would not be safe if he attended the meeting, she said."

On the other side of the equation PTP party leader doesn't show up at the same meeting because of what? And I suppose he has balls of steel?

"Pheu Thai Party leader Charupong Ruangsuwan also did not show up at the meeting"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720997-sources-confirm-abhisits-life-under-threat-democrats/

Maybe he already knew about the threat against Abhisit and didn't know that Abhisit knew as well and wasn't attending?

The chances are very high that the threat came from his organization and he was well aware of the threats. After all threats intimidation and acts of violence is what they pay the red shirts for.wai.gif

The best thing he can do to help the country is shoot himself in the head, as he is part of the problem.

The Dems don't believe in violence

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

he's got some nerve...

Abhisit doesn't attend the EC meeting because he has been advised by his own political party's security and state security agencies that they believe there is a credible threat against his life and you say, "he's got some nerve…."?

"Democrat Party deputy spokesperson Mallika Boonmeetrakool said yesterday that intelligence sources from the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), the Democrat Party and state security agencies all warned that Abhisit would not be safe if he attended the meeting, she said."

On the other side of the equation PTP party leader doesn't show up at the same meeting because of what? And I suppose he has balls of steel?

"Pheu Thai Party leader Charupong Ruangsuwan also did not show up at the meeting"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720997-sources-confirm-abhisits-life-under-threat-democrats/

intelligence sources from the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), the Democrat Party and state security agencies all warned that Abhisit would not be safe if he attended the meeting,

translated = Suthep told him not to go

don't be so naive!!! he could have sent a representative etc.

Abhisit has a good heart and means well in what he says. He is obviously intelligent and personable; he appears to lack the political superego that drives many politicians to extreme positions. Unfortunately, he has lost creditibility by his unwavering commitment to Suthpe's leadership and ideology. Abhisit wants to vote in the election to show his commitment to the constitution and Suthep says "no." Abhisit wants to attend the 64-party election meeting to discuss election procedures to show his commitment to the constitution and Suthep says "no"; meanwhile 63-parties do have representation. Furthermore, Abhisit is tarnished by criminal proceedings for premeditated murders that does give the public pause about his integrity. Such charges make the dereliction of duty charges against PM Yingluck S. seem trivial in comparison.

Suthep operates on an "all or nothing" strategy to retreive power lost that does not tolerate concessions nor facilitate sincere negotiations. Abhisit has not and probably cannot demonstrate INDEPENDENT statesmanship that would differentiate his leadership from Suthep's leadership so long as Suthep is the leader of the Democrat party. To that end Abhisit cannot be taken seriously in the determination of Thailand's democratic future.

If the Democrat Party and Abhisit want to gain majority public support that can win them elections, it is time now to thank Suthep for bringing reform issues to the forefront of Thai politics, and reformulate a political platform away from Suthep's radical conservatism and elitism (to put it kindly) that can appeal to the majority of the Thai electoriate. Democracy functions best, albeit messy and loud, in an atmosphere of political dialog presented by two or more opposition parties with full public transparency.

Just as a side note: Even if there were independently verified and actionable threats against Abhisit, that is typical for many world leaders. You might imagine that leaders like President Obama gets daily threats; but if you want to lead a nation you have to have courage to do so despite the threats.

• Like 2

Grubby little opportunist

He has more intelligence than the whole caretaker bandits put together

I agree about the man's intelligence and that is why he is such a slimy disappointment!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, he has, but that is not so difficult. Still he is a large disappointment. From hope to slime!

He should be on the front foot showing the people his parties policies and what the democrats can bring to the table for a better Thailand .

You really have no idea about the depth of this man (Abhisit) or his intelligence do you? Given a chance Abhisit could transform this country into the kind of democracy that many of us farangs would like to see. However he is hampeed by many people, even some in his own party, who put self-interest before the interest of the people that they are meant to serve. A lot of the blabber here from posters (one with just 91 posts!) who truly do not understand what is going on in Thailand, do not understand the nature of the manipulation and corruption against which Abhisit is fighting and the nature of the Thai character which has allowed these events to happen. Some of the posters may, for whatever reason, be supporters of Thaksin without understanding one iota of what this man is about and the havoc that he has created in this country. I am sorry to read anti-Abhisit posts when in fact you are attacking one of the few decent people in Thai politics. There are many pointers that support what I say, not least of which is the fact that Abhisit's wealth did not increase significantly during his term in office. You cannot say the same about Yingluck. Also, if you read Abhisit's book, The Truth, it will shed some light on this man's character, his aspirations and the frustration he feels with the continual spin of lies against him by Thaksin and his dirty dogs. To call him a 'hopeless' joke is only to display your own ignorance.

• Like 1

You really have no idea about the depth of this man (Abhisit) or his intelligence do you? Given a chance Abhisit could transform this country into the kind of democracy that many of us farangs would like to see. However he is hampeed by many people, even some in his own party, who put self-interest before the interest of the people that they are meant to serve. A lot of the blabber here from posters (one with just 91 posts!) who truly do not understand what is going on in Thailand, do not understand the nature of the manipulation and corruption against which Abhisit is fighting and the nature of the Thai character which has allowed these events to happen. Some of the posters may, for whatever reason, be supporters of Thaksin without understanding one iota of what this man is about and the havoc that he has created in this country. I am sorry to read anti-Abhisit posts when in fact you are attacking one of the few decent people in Thai politics. There are many pointers that support what I say, not least of which is the fact that Abhisit's wealth did not increase significantly during his term in office. You cannot say the same about Yingluck. Also, if you read Abhisit's book, The Truth, it will shed some light on this man's character, his aspirations and the frustration he feels with the continual spin of lies against him by Thaksin and his dirty dogs. To call him a 'hopeless' joke is only to display your own ignorance.

Thank you for telling us your Truth!

i see the red plastics have got there selves a stiffly over this article..

You got to feel sorry for them, blinded by the colour red, that is all they can see! they keep spouting off about having an election, when reality is PTP for all their protestations don't really want an election. This is why they are making veiled threats to the independent judiciary. They, more than Suthep want the army to make a coup, Preferably asap!

• Like 1

If he was that intelligent he would have analysed why he failed to get his party in government back in 2011, and no it was not because of vote buying.

If he was that intelligent he would have used that knowledge in the intervening period to revamp his party and make it electable.

If he was that intelligent, he would have realised that his party would not be electable until he removed himself as Party Leader (far too much baggage from 2010).

If he was that intelligent he would have persuaded Korn not to opt out of the executive committee of the dem party and backed him for leader instead.

If he was that intelligent he would not have allied himself to suthep.

If he was that intelligent he would have contested the Feb 2nd Election when the PTP were there to be be beaten.

Instead, he's choosing the easy option, the option does not expose him or his party to the electorate, and letting others do the dirty work for him (again) via a judicial coup (aided and abetted by investigations demanded by the dems).

As I said, grubby little opportunist.

• Like 2

" She asked other people to sit down and talk. My question is whether she is ready for such talks?" Abhisit said. "

Indeed. It's a great question. So great, in fact, that Pheu Thai supporters don't address it. If ever there was a measure of a question's greatest, it's got to be that. Indeed, why doesn't Yingluck just sit down and talk ? Goodness knows everybody wants to talk to her. They're desperate to talk to her. The courts desperately want to talk to her. No, all that's beneath her. She has better things to do.

Facebook.

• Like 2

If he was that intelligent he would have analysed why he failed to get his party in government back in 2011, and no it was not because of vote buying.

If he was that intelligent he would have used that knowledge in the intervening period to revamp his party and make it electable.

If he was that intelligent, he would have realised that his party would not be electable until he removed himself as Party Leader (far too much baggage from 2010).

If he was that intelligent he would have persuaded Korn not to opt out of the executive committee of the dem party and backed him for leader instead.

If he was that intelligent he would have contested the Feb 2nd Election when the PTP were there to be be beaten.

Instead, he's choosing the easy option, the option does not expose him or his party to the electorate, and letting others do the dirty work for him (again) via a judicial coup (aided and abetted by investigations demanded by the dems).

Quite right, but why stop there?

If he was that intelligent he would not have taken a family holiday after being booted out of office to the Maldives during Yingluck's Great Flood. The Maldives!, can you believe his cheek!

If he was that intelligent he would not have had a wrong date on his cub scout paperwork from when he was 12 yrs old.

If he was that intelligent he would have trousered billions and divided a nation in order to perpetuate a family dictatorship that only the cleverest can do.

• Like 1

Elections should not be held until the country has a chance to see exactly what damage this current government has done to the country.

September/October will be a good time..... 4.6 million rice farming families are about to have their eyes opened wide as to the real damage the Thaksin regime has done to the only way they know how to make money to feed themselves.

Then have the election.

No point trying to blame Abhisit for boycotting elections either... So far the past 4 elections have been 100% undemocratic thanks to the Thaksin style of democracy... He is absolutely right to refuse to be involved in undemocratic procedures. The red camp (and farang) only want elections this way because they feel there is a slight glimmer of hope that PTP may pull off a tiny victory... They know reforms will kill any last chance of a PTP victory.

Not one of them on here can actually bring a real and credible explanation of how another snap election can bring peace..... because it can't and it won't.

These elections won't bring any peace, they will if anything bring more misery, as they will fail as long as the red shirts are around.... If PTP lose, the reds won't accept the result. Abhisit's life is already in mortal danger from assassination, and a Dem victory will keep him as a target for murder by the reds.

So no matter what happens, the reds won't accept anything other than Thaksin rule, and they will fight to maintain it.

What Thailand neds is the removal of the UDD and the red shirt movement..... by extreme force if necessary.

As each day passes.... I am getting more and more convinced that the only real way for Thailand to settle down completely is for either all non-reds to accept that the Shins have to own the country outright, or there must be a civil war to clear the air and the red movement is crush forever.

If anyone on here thinks that there can be peace any other way, then I would be very interested to hear that... I am not holding my breath though.

Elections is NOT the answer.... democracy has failed here for 81 years and will continue to do so.

The Thais are not ready for democracy yet... They don't understand it and they certainly don't want to play by its rules.

Agreed, I have been saying this all along, to me it is the only logical way to resolve. All this stalling--elections--are rubbish.

I will say though although there is an element of violence among the red movement it should be abruptly stopped, the movement it'self is no danger, it is the leaders that need their corns cropping.

Quite right, but why stop there?

If he was that intelligent he would not have taken a family holiday after being booted out of office to the Maldives during Yingluck's Great Flood. The Maldives!, can you believe his cheek!

If he was that intelligent he would not have had a wrong date on his cub scout paperwork from when he was 12 yrs old.

If he was that intelligent he would have trousered billions and divided a nation in order to perpetuate a family dictatorship that only the cleverest can do.

I wasn't going to get involved in all the lies he has told but if you need to know more, and there is lot more, PM me, I don't want to stray off topic.

In the meantime when you can tell me exactly how, with evidence the "family dictatorship have trousered billions and divided a Nation" instead of the nebulous accusations that are bandied around like confetti on this forum, I might take you seriously.

If you are intelligent you would know PTP bought the 2011 election with their failed populist policies

If you were intelligent enough you would realize he (Abhisit) has been highlighting the corruption of the democratic (not) PTP government! he hasn't had time to revamp the party.

If you were intelligent you would know that PTP carry far more baggage from 2010 he doesn't have to remove himself as leader of the party.

If you were intelligent you would know Suthep left the democrats to form PDRC there is no political alliance between PDRC or the Dems.

If you were intelligent you would know that the Feb 2nd elections were a fiasco, Why would a democratic party support an undemocratic election?

There is no judicial coup, PTP did enough in the way of corruption and self interest for the independent judiciary to prosecute YL and PTP ministers.

There is only one grubby opportunist and that is you fab4. to spout off the RED propaganda, you can't actually debate anything you just try to demean peoples comments. one might be forgiven in thinking you are nothing but a troll! IMO

• Like 1

he's got some nerve...

They call it backbone. It's what makes progress in this world.

he is a reptile, reptiles don't have backbones.

He may be stubborn as a mule, but he doesn't have a backbone.

fab4 post # 12

At last the admittance as to what Thaksin and the Shinwatras are really like.

Strangely enough siampolee, this being a thread about abhisit and not Thaksin, anybody with a brain that has not atrophied, realises that I would be referring to Thaksin.

Of course, that does not include you, the class wit (or should that be half) with your oh so clever take on my post. My how we never tire of this. Do you take bookings?

You got to feel sorry for them, blinded by the colour red, that is all they can see! they keep spouting off about having an election, when reality is PTP for all their protestations don't really want an election. This is why they are making veiled threats to the independent judiciary. They, more than Suthep want the army to make a coup, Preferably asap!

Independent judiciary? Hahaha! I thought they have a colour, the police has one, the military has one....who is independent in this country? The courts? Don't kid yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

If you were intelligent you would not write: "If you were intelligent" all the time! It is pretty dumb!

quote name="ggold" post="7730805" timestamp="1398327696"]

If you are intelligent you would know PTP bought the 2011 election with their failed populist policies

If you were intelligent enough you would realize he (Abhisit) has been highlighting the corruption of the democratic (not) PTP government! he hasn't had time to revamp the party.

If you were intelligent you would know that PTP carry far more baggage from 2010 he doesn't have to remove himself as leader of the party.

If you were intelligent you would know Suthep left the democrats to form PDRC there is no political alliance between PDRC or the Dems.

If you were intelligent you would know that the Feb 2nd elections were a fiasco, Why would a democratic party support an undemocratic election?

There is no judicial coup, PTP did enough in the way of corruption and self interest for the independent judiciary to prosecute YL and PTP ministers.

There is only one grubby opportunist and that is you fab4. to spout off the RED propaganda, you can't actually debate anything you just try to demean peoples comments. one might be forgiven in thinking you are nothing but a troll! IMO

• Like 1

Independent judiciary? Hahaha! I thought they have a colour, the police has one, the military has one....who is independent in this country? The courts? Don't kid yourself!

I think the people who are kidding themselves are the red brigade on TV.

• Like 1

I think the people who are kidding themselves are the red brigade on TV.

I have seen red tv and I have seen yellow tv. Both provide unbelievable rubbish. The best part is always the end when they begin to sing and dance, great stand up! You would fit in there in both colours!

I have never claimed to have a monopoly on truth. Such a monopoly only belongs to ideologues and we have seen in Thailand (and elsewhere) what entrenched ideological positions can do to the mass psychology. My post simply points out what is transparent to anyone who wants to open their minds and hearts and support the dispossessed of this land. That includes those folk who have been craftily and cleverly manipulated into the red battalion. "The Truth" happens to be the title of Abhisit's book which simply explains the facts behind the red occupation and how this affected the government of the day. I wouldn't have called it that, but I guess, as it is a translation from Thai, you have to accept the cultural differences.

I have never claimed to have a monopoly on truth. Such a monopoly only belongs to ideologues and we have seen in Thailand (and elsewhere) what entrenched ideological positions can do to the mass psychology. My post simply points out what is transparent to anyone who wants to open their minds and hearts and support the dispossessed of this land. That includes those folk who have been craftily and cleverly manipulated into the red battalion. "The Truth" happens to be the title of Abhisit's book which simply explains the facts behind the red occupation and how this affected the government of the day. I wouldn't have called it that, but I guess, as it is a translation from Thai, you have to accept the cultural

differences.

Yellow truth, red truth, your truth, everybody's truth. All rubbish! Blah blah blah....