New Thai PM open to talks with protesters

Lite Beer

NO they won't; the EC sabotaging and delaying elections will just mean the the caretaker government continues , there is no way this path will ever lead to a political vacuum because the caretaker cabnet still has another 20+ ministers, the courts can't get rid of them all even if they keep pursuing bogus cases.

the pdrc people appear to not realize that the CCs verdict last wednesday dashed any hope for an 'appointed' government from ever happening, it was not going to happen anyways, but now there is 100% no chance in hell of it ever happening, there would be a civil war before that happened.

Who cares about opening talks with the PDRC protesters? Isn't May 13th Suthep's Final Victory Day? Suthep has won his victory, the new PM just doesn't know it.

Wait. The fact that there is still a PM means there is still an Interim Government in the hands of the PTP, so there is no victory as yet. I'm sure we'll soon hear of a new and improved Final Push sometime in the next 2-3 months.

In order for the July 20th election date to happen, I estimate that the royal decree must be issued by May 20th. But the EC has thus far decided it has the sole power to determine election dates and states the Committee has no interest to hold elections until all political conflicts have been resolved. This approach essentially usurps the purpose of a parliament that, in a democractic society, is where political conflicts are confronted. Once past the May 20th date, EC will essentially have overthrown the government by denying the constitutional electoral process in favor of an unelected, appointed government.

Edited by pkspeaker

The protesters are too childish and immature to accept anything else but "their way"

Its a shame Thailand has to be held hostage to these yellow shirt petty tyrants

Talk about childish. The courts have ruled and yet Chalerm and other are throwing tantrums and crying like little babies because it's not "their way".

Get real.

So why not televise these discussions, like Suthep requested? Keep it transparent for all of the people to see. What does the government have to hide?

• Like 1

I was hoping that a new interim leader might like a chance to write his name in the history books by bringing some common sense to proceedings and get all the factions together to thrash out a path that is palatable to all.

Then I read his CV

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

". . . The kingdom is bitterly divided between foes and supporters of the billionaire tycoon turned populist politician, who lives in Dubai to avoid jail for a corruption conviction.. . ."

One has to wonder, why, according to polls etc, at least 1/3 of the country want this man to run the country.